Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also totally respect brands and their embargo’s.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What?!?!
No! No?
I was just offline for about 4h and now I came back and saw that I missed the first pictures of great new bikes😭😭😭😭

Noooo!!!
#myLifeIsHard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There a stories on Ben Hoff instagram that shows at a glance.
Check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at my Instagram @cxcarroll
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
binhopires wrote:
There a stories on Ben Hoff instagram that shows at a glance.
Check it out.

no there aren't
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't find that insta
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its @carrollcx
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad 😂
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
aerobean wrote:
I saw Tim Don out in boulder the other day and the shiv looked pretty standard but with a speed box like trek's speed concept

Well you didn't see the real thing If "pretty standard" is the descriptor

I hate to say it, but it looks pretty standard. Except for the reservoir thing.

Next.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Carfrae having hydration doesn't mean anything as it's not being sold to the public.

You cannot violate a patent and then simply defend copying it by not selling it. How do you think that works in professional motorsports? The patent is specific and the workaround to avoid violating it makes the end-product not consumer-friendly.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In person it is quite striking
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What strikes me is how thin it is...considering that the shiv seems...wider

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
The patent is specific and the workaround to avoid violating it makes the end-product not consumer-friendly.

You mean a workaround like running a tube from behind the saddle, down the seattube, over the bottom bracket, back up the downtube? :)

Point being that if Specialized doesn't see enough value in their own patent to continue using it, I doubt they want to commit the resources to cease-and-desist one-off tinkerers, with the risk of negative PR.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 30, 18 17:20
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
The patent is specific and the workaround to avoid violating it makes the end-product not consumer-friendly.

You mean a workaround like running a tube from behind the saddle, down the seattube, over the bottom bracket, back up the downtube? :)

Point being that if Specialized doesn't see enough value in their own patent to continue using it, I doubt they want to commit the resources to cease-and-desist one-off tinkerers, with the risk of negative PR.

Do you know many patents Specialized has that they don't use? From Powermeters to tube Profiles. Are you kidding? The Shiv has a bladder in the downtube now, the IA doesn't.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tech companies have tons of patents they never use. There’s nothing wrong with Specialized having patents.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Tech companies have tons of patents they never use. There’s nothing wrong with Specialized having patents.
I assume you meant to reply to trail?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
No

Well of course I don't think there's anything wrong with them holding patents, I'm eager to add to them tbh.
-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha I bet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:

Do you know many patents Specialized has that they don't use? From Powermeters to tube Profiles. Are you kidding? The Shiv has a bladder in the downtube now, the IA doesn't.

Yeah, big companies patent squat. I was mostly just making fun of this curious new hydration routing on the new Shiv, which takes me back to this:

Edit: Oh, damn, I couldn't figure out why you were advocating so hard for Specialzied, but now it all makes sense. I didn't realize you'd left 3T!
Last edited by: trail: Sep 30, 18 17:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize you'd left 3T either. Can I assume you saw my thread about Specialized's new hub-based power meter a week or so ago?

Since you work for Roval now, can you shed a bit of light on Road UST? Mavic seems to have made it an open standard and, as far as I can tell, it's just a dimensional standard. However, nobody else has adopted it as far as I can tell. Does Roval have any plans on adopting it and, if not, why?

I have a pair of the Mavic Road UST wheels and their rim/tire combo has been the only "easy" road tubeless setup I've tried (all the others have been a struggle in one way or another). With that in mind, it appears that holding tight dimensional tolerances is important and that doing so works. Care to add to that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That thing is ugly as hell. The previous integration was amazing. I'm quite glad I went with an Argon e119 than waiting for that.

It looks like a UCI-legal shiv with just a humongous draft box in the back and goes against the awesome innovation of fuselage integrated hydration. Hopefully that thing is scrapped.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New shiv
Last edited by: tridude93: Sep 30, 18 22:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The S5 Disc is out.
Interesting is also the new categories for their bikes. Cervelo is now having the P-Series for TT and Triathlon and the PX-Series for Triathlon only.
In the PX-Series they are speaking about bikes (plural). So maybe beside the new P5 Disc their might be also updates for the P3X or P2X. I heard rumors about the P3X before but my Cervelo contact told me, that there won´t be any P3X within the next year. Maybe that information was wrong and there will be new PX bikes already this/next year.

Did any of you see some pros on new Cervelos in Kona already?

Quote Reply

Prev Next