Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [ziggys101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Merckx Corsa Extra, full Columbus SLX
Apologies for the crappy picture, the camera is playing up.
Steel is real, etc etc.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[URL=http://s374.photobucket.com/...zpsf86f101a.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s374.photobucket.com/...zps66013418.jpg.html][/url]

I don't have a picture of my road bike, but it's a Wilier Triestina.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kids road / tri bike with 24x1" wheels. A very happy 11 year old rode with his dad for the first time last weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eggplantOG wrote:
I think the ia is the sexiest bike on the market, that thing is gorgeous!

gtstang02 wrote:

2015 Felt IA
2014 Zipp Firecrest 808
2014 Zipp 900 Disc
11SPD Full Ultegra(Di2 Coming)
Garmin Edge 500 w/ Zipp Mount
Look Keo carbon Blade Pedals
Quarq Elsa Power Meter Crank
ISM Adamo Attack Saddle

Man that looks so badass but you need the black and red Garmin 500 !
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Got a great deal at my LBS on a '14 Giant TCR Composite 1, picked it up this week, this picture was taken during its maiden voyage today. :)
LBS swapped the stock R561 brakes for Ultegra 6800 and installed my own Fizik Arione saddle and SPD-SL pedals.
Will use it for everything: group rides, sprint and oly triathlons this year and trips to Ardennes and french Alps.

Netherlands || '16 Cervelo P2 & '17 Giant TCR
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [estorino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it may not be much by slowtwitch standards, but I love my ride. A specialized allez which I have upgraded over time with a sram 22 rival groupset, new wheels and a new saddle.

Last edited by: frenchieTT: Jan 31, 15 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My swiss army Surly Cross Check. Have only had it for a few months but dam it's fun in the snow! Taken today during a snowy lunch ride (max speed 8mph I think..and even then it was pushing it..)[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
Steel is real, etc etc.

Campag wheels and a Shimano groupset? Heresy!

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new ride 2015 Giant TCR ... considering it was an upgrade from a 9 year old aluminum Specialized Allez, I'm in love!

“It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count.” – Rappstar 11.22.09
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
Barchettaman wrote:
Steel is real, etc etc.

Campag wheels and a Shimano groupset? Heresy!

It's even worse than that, I'm afraid.

Unable to afford a set of classic Shamals that weren't cracked at the spoked eyelets, I put Campagnolo decals on a set of Felt TTR4 wheels that I had de-stickered.

In my defence the wheelset originally went on an Olmo with full Campagnolo 8-speed, I made a custom 7+1 Shimano cassette which worked. Shamals were available with a Shimano freehub back in the day. Oh, and the TTR4 wheels are just lovely.

I've left the Campagnolo stickers on to confuse people.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: Feb 4, 15 22:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
estorino wrote:

Got a great deal at my LBS on a '14 Giant TCR Composite 1, picked it up this week, this picture was taken during its maiden voyage today. :)

That's a beautiful looking Giant. Love the paint scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll join in the fun.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like your chain could use another link. That rear derailleur is very maxed out.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very nicely done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Zipp 2001 circa 1994. Restoration project over the last 2 years...Dura ace 8 speed, Gripshift, Zipp 440's.

Cervelo P3 Carbon, Zipp cockpit, Zipp 808/404
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are the two that I'm using for 2015. TT bike not shod with race wheels as it's used daily for training in the sunny climate out here, so I need the powertap on the back. Both are getting a little old and worn, the TT bike will be getting treated to a mid year respray and the MTB will probably be ridden until it snaps in half with as little money spent on it as possible!

Here is the rest of my slightly slimmed down collection that sadly had to be left at home:

Track bike which is definable the least used but my absolute favourite, sat in front of my modest man cave (first ever bike frame hanging on the wall in the back!)

My first ever road bike that has had so many bits changed/ replaced I've lost count - built up from my spares box to sell but now sits as a spare bike at home.

Iain

Training Full Time in 2015: http://www.triopensource.com
http://www.facebook.com/iaingillamracing http://www.twitter.com/iaingillam
https://www.youtube.com/...9JYCrOLP34Qtgp5w1WsA

Last edited by: Iain Gillam: Feb 8, 15 0:32
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Convertible

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [chazmtb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long does it take to swap over? How does it handle in tri configuration?

Sweet whip!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since it is DI2, less than 15 minutes. I have my bars mounted on a 100 stem and my tri setup on a 90 stem. Only thing is I need to run new rear brake cable each time. The road setup has the shimano in line quick release brake. That's where I have the housing cut for the swap out. Just pull the bars off there, and fish in the new brake cable, snip and you are done. Tririg front is pretty simple to put on. Plug DI2 wires in and rotate seatpost with the new saddle.

As for handling it is a dream. That is one comfortable bike. I actually like the little more relaxed than typical tri setup. I had a felt da before and for me it was twitchy because of the aggressive stance. Never got really comfortable with the ride of the da. I like this setup much more. This is a good road bike for someone who does triathlons and don't want a full blown tri superbike.
Last edited by: chazmtb: Feb 8, 15 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaz...i tried a very similar set-up last year with a Neil Pryde Alize, which actually has a forward running seatpost option. My problem was that my road position was not nearly low enough for my TT position. To get the road set-up low enough for my TT set-up would be very uncomfortable for long rides. Like you i have a TriRig front brake and really didn't want to un-cable it to move the cockpit higher or lower.

It looks like you road set up is actually lower and more aggressive than your TT position. Are you that flexible?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could go a little lower with a -17 stem and may do so in the race. But I am fat and slow, so now I'm all about comfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! I have been thinking about doing something similar for the last few years.
Quote Reply

Prev Next