Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

HuffNPuff wrote:
mickison wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
smartyiak wrote:

the gold keeps coming from her IG post

"Within the course of a day, I find myself transitioning constantly. From being a mother, athlete, a coach, student, and leader. I’m a girl who simply bleeds passion for her country and passion for life with determination in her eyes to change the world. We get in our own heads... we end up telling ourselves these false lies about what we’re capable of, you may think you’re tired but guess what- we all are. So take time to recharge- step back- inhale life, ... keep your eyes set & set out for vengeance always driving forward. Search deep, drive hard, lead with grace, have faith and love like a child. Be willing and open to learn and most importantly remember we’re on this journey together. We can be all things, gracefully switching from one to the other. So be a boss in your own world. Rise every morning with the sun; an evolution is coming. Take hold of a new day, a new opportunity. "

Reads like: 'Blah, blah, blah! I've got nothing substantive to say.

Random inspirational quote generator.

http://inspirobot.me/

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 21, 18 8:10

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

It’s just word salad.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
smartyiak wrote:

Instead, it's like she has no concept that she failed. I think she'd be much more likable if she acknowledged some honest humbling.

See, that's what I was saying.

With that mentality, you never risked anything.

There was no investment. Without the right investment, there can't be the feeling of being humbled. You didn't really risk anything.

"Within the course of a day, I find myself transitioning constantly. From being a mother, athlete, a coach, student, and leader. I’m a girl who simply bleeds passion for her country and passion for life with determination in her eyes to change the world. We get in our own heads... we end up telling ourselves these false lies about what we’re capable of, you may think you’re tired but guess what- we all are. So take time to recharge- step back- inhale life, ... keep your eyes set & set out for vengeance always driving forward. Search deep, drive hard, lead with grace, have faith and love like a child. Be willing and open to learn and most importantly remember we’re on this journey together. We can be all things, gracefully switching from one to the other. So be a boss in your own world. Rise every morning with the sun; an evolution is coming. Take hold of a new day, a new opportunity. "

She needs to switch to Twitter, the character limit would serve her well.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [slow_triathlete] [ In reply to ]

slow_triathlete wrote:
I was waiting for her to play the religion card.

Very surprised that she didn't.

Although there was a few "thoughts and prayers" in the responses.

Gilliga wrote:

one thing she has got right is her branding to suck in a lot of American support:

1. Red white and blue at any opportunity including use of flag
2. Make it about a charity

By doing this she can deflect any criticism by playing the patriot and humanitarian card and then also anyone who doesn't support her is against orphan kids and against USA.

She could get a start as a political campaign adviser with these sort of tactics! Who needs truth right?

She can't bring God/religion into it. She doesn't want her Ashletes to think that she needed help/aid of any kind from any entity.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]

T3_Beer wrote:
She needs to switch to Twitter, the character limit would serve her well.

The best part of her character is knowing NO limitations

Oh, wait

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:

Or normal people speak for... "Hey I f*%ked up, I was way over my head with this and acted like an idiot. I apologize for this"

HuffNPuff wrote:
mickison wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
smartyiak wrote:

Reads like: 'Blah, blah, blah! I've got nothing substantive to say.

Au Contraire. You just need to read the subtext. Translated this means. "I've officially given up on the 50/50/50 challenge. It was WAY harder than I thought it would be! This is embarrassing to me but I'll never admit it. Everyone, please now transition to my previously planned programming of good looking Instagram pictures and inspirational sayings. Please don't ask me hard questions about triathlons. I've "transitioned" now. Much love, and please continue to look at and follow me! #Ashletes!"

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lschaan] [ In reply to ]

Two thumbs up!!

There’s two or three people going ham at her about her lack of data in her last post, she actually replied she’s waiting for results and hopefully will be back in the water tomorrow.
She then says she might have forgotten to turn her watch off on the car ride but “she didn’t check”.
All her fans are going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]

SayHey Kid wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
With his lies regarding running, it’s no wonder that he and AH teamed up. She believed his running lies, and he believed her 230 mile running lie as well as her 201 mile swim lie.

Two peas in a pod.

Not sure if this was ever posted before in this thread, but I cam across a Reebok ad, highlight, infomercial that they did for "Ashley Runs Haiti"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wCtXu9q_Q4

I just watched that and as well as being incredibly nauseating (fake tears etc), it is amazing to me how anyone can run as slow as she does without it ceasing to be running at all. She has short, chunky legs anyway, but also a very slow cadence combined with what looks like an 18 inch stride length. I kept pausing the video to see if I could catch a frame where both feet were out of contact with the ground at once, (ie what separates running from walking) but it's extremely difficult to do.

I find it almost impossible to believe that she could ever run a marathon in around 3:30 or 8 minute mile pace. In every clip I've seen of her "running" she looks like a power-walking slug - very, very slow.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [restodruid] [ In reply to ]

*All her fans are going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.*

I thought all of her fans were ALREADY cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. :)

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lschaan] [ In reply to ]

Yep, she says she's starting back at it tomorrow, but is waiting on her test results to come back.

She's also claiming that she was riding 35mph at the end of her Virginia to Oklahoma ride...forget 50/50/50, let's get her in the Tour de France next year!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sancreed] [ In reply to ]

Athlinks has her with a 4:19:35 marathon (9:54 pace)...good time, but not the kind of times she claims.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [drj1976] [ In reply to ]

drj1976 wrote:
Yep, she says she's starting back at it tomorrow, but is waiting on her test results to come back.

She's also claiming that she was riding 35mph at the end of her Virginia to Oklahoma ride...forget 50/50/50, let's get her in the Tour de France next year!

on her bike or in the car? I often find that I am often the fastest at the very end of an ultra endurance event. I imagine if I did RAAM sole I'd be doing like 35-40mph over the last 100 miles or so.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [drj1976] [ In reply to ]

drj1976 wrote:
Athlinks has her with a 4:19:35 marathon (9:54 pace)...good time, but not the kind of times she claims.

That, I can believe she ran legitimately. But with her ego and her image-is-everything attitude, even if she has a listed time that is much faster, I am very cynical as to how she obtained it.

No one has really touched on this, but I'd love to see her put her the "fitness" she's always boasting about on the line and do just one WADA tested ultra endurance feat and see how she gets on. And see how she "recovers" the next day.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [restodruid] [ In reply to ]

so she's going to continue this on as a fitness tour? it's no longer 50/50/50. she's just going to do whatever and call it good?

drj1976 wrote:

I thought someone posted 1,000 pages ago she BQ'd with a 3:33 marathon time

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [YarnYoda] [ In reply to ]

YarnYoda wrote:
*All her fans are going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.*

I thought all of her fans were ALREADY cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. :)

Fuck! Now *I* want Cocoa Puffs

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]

She BQ'd in Haiti... while doing only burpees... on IG... for the kids...

#AshletesDontDope
#PostingTowardThePodium

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]

ptakeda wrote:
drj1976 wrote:

I thought someone posted 1,000 pages ago she BQ'd with a 3:33 marathon time

Yep. Link (why doesn't it post as a link)

https://www.athlinks.com/event/3175/results/Event/615660/Course/940547/Entry/306418919?&category=global&term=ashley%20horner

Last edited by: HardlyTrying: Aug 21, 18 10:32

drj1976 wrote:

Actually, her abilities have no limits. From the end of her Rebook promotional video:

"Since the completion of her run, she has already traveled back to Haiti and will continue to visit and give them the knowledge and hope to better their lives... and their country."

She actually possesses the knowledge to improve a whole country, that is amazing. Who would have thought plodding around in Lycra at 12 minute mile pace while taking and posting selfies could somehow sow and germinate the seeds of betterment for an entire nation?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [fatheadbill] [ In reply to ]

fatheadbill wrote:
She BQ'd in Haiti... while doing only burpees...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

Prev Next