Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

Ha...I'm blocked.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

just for you then...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

Yeah I logged out to see it. It's whatever. I don't think she was ever going to read his instagram anyways. Personally, he's now associated with Love the Pain, one of the worse internet fulfillment companies in the world let alone triathlon. Not sure I care.

Is this thing over or is she gonna drive to West By God Virginia and do her next one?

Some more comments on the PTG post from Viada

Quote:
Side note- just to give you an idea of how much of a challenge it can be working with consultants, I've received the following feedback privately on this program thus far since I've posted it.
1) This was too much volume
2) This was too little volume
3) We should never have gone low carb
4) We probably didn't go low carb long enough.
5) Too much time on S/B/R and not enough walking
6) Too much low intensity
7) Too much high intensity

Katy, for sure- I think the flights were equally messy either way, however. The biggest challenge to logistics was the fact that Hinche, in Haiti, was a 3 hour drive from the airport, but any weather could wash out roads and make it worse. With limited flight windows, nearly every flight from PAP either went to atlanta or florida, and I THINK it would have been about the same either way. The flight itself to VA beach was only a few hours, even with a stop, it was more the timing around it. Once we figured out that it wasn't going to work, we abandoned the 50 in 50 idea. (Though that continued to get published for several weeks)

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Aug 19, 18 13:29

And poof. All Iron Cowboy's posts/comments/tags are gone. Clearly she doesn't have an ego and won't be attempting to re-start the 50/50 challenge in 2 days... #LeeroyJenkins

Last edited by: eclipsed168: Aug 19, 18 13:54

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [eclipsed168] [ In reply to ]

Just wow-she is a real piece of work. Not sure who she thinks she's fooling. Herself is the most likely answer.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [eclipsed168] [ In reply to ]

eclipsed168 wrote:
And poof. All Iron Cowboy's posts/comments/tags are gone. Clearly she doesn't have an ego and won't be attempting to re-start the 50/50 challenge in 2 days... #LeeroyJenkins

I just checked, they are both on FB and instagram, maybe you missed them?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [CU427] [ In reply to ]

I checked. But I wasn't going to scroll up through all the posts about "Ra ra Ashley you got this". But most of all the recent posts by other IG users tagging IC had been removed.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [T-Ro] [ In reply to ]

T-Ro wrote:
Just wow-she is a real piece of work. Not sure who she thinks she's fooling. Herself is the most likely answer.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]

B_Doughtie wrote:
[quote

Like the one where she ran around Haiti, I dont think anyone cared to follow/know/care to talk about it.

No one followed the 230 run over 3 days, or the 201 swim over 10 days because they never happened.

lacticturkey wrote:

just for you then...

Did he make his own "championship" belt?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]

It's the intercontinental 50 50 50 title belt

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]

Arch Stanton wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

just for you then...

Did he make his own "championship" belt?

It’s a WEC championship belt, won by Urijah Faber, who was to his right in the original picture.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [craigj532] [ In reply to ]

From Alex Viada in the PTG

Quote:
Just to quash rumors- I spoke with him on the phone about 45 minutes ago, and I think we're all on the same page. There was some unpleasant back and forth with misreading tone on BOTH sides, but I fully believe James would support her future attempts, and I know Ashley would be willing to hear him out and utilize his support once we all chat.

Member- Is the current attempt continuing?

AV-No sir.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

Thank goodness this circus is over

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]

Just out of curiosity, as a matter or normal practice, do you check up/verify results on new athletes that you take on? Or, what about athletes that say, "I've been running 10 miles a day, 3-5 times a week for the past 3 years. I've never done any timed races, but would like to do a marathon 3 months from now?"

With her background and lack of specificity in run and swim training and her claim of running 230 miles in 3 days in a 3rd world country + heat and swimming 201 miles in 1 month, I find it incredible that it passed the smell test with with him. He just said that he was told that she did this. implying that he took her word for it without any verification.

Her ultra 50 miler is incredibly slow for someone who can run 230 miles in 3 days. A 3:30+ marathon from someone who can run 230 miles in 3 days, seems incredibly slow to me. You'd expect someone who can do that you run way faster than that. I would have expect a coach to do a little bit more digging before taking on an athlete who wants to do something is massive.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [dunno] [ In reply to ]

dunno wrote:
Thank goodness this circus is over

Agreed. It was definitely an interesting psychology lesson. I could have written a paper on social media, delusion, crossfit vs. triathlon camps, and egocentrism all rolled into one.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
Just out of curiosity, as a matter or normal practice, do you check up/verify results on new athletes that you take on? Or, what about athletes that say, "I've been running 10 miles a day, 3-5 times a week for the past 3 years. I've never done any timed races, but would like to do a marathon 3 months from now?"

With her background and lack of specificity in run and swim training and her claim of running 230 miles in 3 days in a 3rd world country + heat and swimming 201 miles in 1 month, I find it incredible that it passed the smell test with with him. He just said that he was told that she did this. implying that he took her word for it without any verification.

Her ultra 50 miler is incredibly slow for someone who can run 230 miles in 3 days. A 3:30+ marathon from someone who can run 230 miles in 3 days, seems incredibly slow to me. You'd expect someone who can do that you run way faster than that. I would have expect a coach to do a little bit more digging before taking on an athlete who wants to do something is massive.

The paycheck was more important than the athletes background.

This is where the admin of Pathetic Triathletes jumped the shark with me.

Supporting a con artist.

What next?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
T-Ro wrote:
It will never happen because she is simply uncoachable. Also, I haven't seen one comment from her recognizing that she hasn't DONE WHAT SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO. She would win some people over by simply saying " I bit off a bit more than I thought I could, but I am still going to try as hard as I can". Acknowledge and move forward Ashley.

I doubt we will see her admit she bit off more than she can chew. There are people in this world who see admit that is a sign of weakness and they also tend to believe if they keep saying something over and over it makes it true no matter what the actual reality may be.

Man, that sounds eerily familiar to someone who duped about 60,000,000 people.

Formerly DrD

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]

Broken Leg Guy wrote:
mickison wrote:
T-Ro wrote:
It will never happen because she is simply uncoachable. Also, I haven't seen one comment from her recognizing that she hasn't DONE WHAT SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO. She would win some people over by simply saying " I bit off a bit more than I thought I could, but I am still going to try as hard as I can". Acknowledge and move forward Ashley.

I doubt we will see her admit she bit off more than she can chew. There are people in this world who see admit that is a sign of weakness and they also tend to believe if they keep saying something over and over it makes it true no matter what the actual reality may be.

Man, that sounds eerily familiar to someone who duped about 60,000,000 people.

And the funny thing is they still cannot deal with her losing.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [slow_triathlete] [ In reply to ]

slow_triathlete wrote:
This is where the admin of Pathetic Triathletes jumped the shark with me.

Supporting a con artist.

What next?

But at least they tell you the quality of the forum right up front ... truth in advertising!

TheStroBro wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Can I go back to post #1 and ask: "How is Ashley a 'fitness star' if few people had heard of her prior to this?"

I mean, we know who Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels are because of Biggest Loser, but I'd certainly never heard of Ashley Horner until this month

Was I missing just something someplace? Or does a certain number of Instagram followers make you a 'star?' What's the threshold, I wonder? 500K?

Just curious

Carry on

Have you heard of Katie Anne? Current WNBF World Champion. 106k on Instagram

Have you heard of MegSquats? She's a powerlifter who hasn't won anything spectacular, 315k on Instagram-BBCom Spokesmodel

Have you heard of BuffBunny (I just cringed), she has 1.7MM on instagram...mostly from stealing the boyfriend of the next person I put down.

Nikki Blacketter? 1.9MM on instagram-GymShark Athlete

Emily Hayden? 267k instagram-Alphalete Athlete

Whitney Simmons? 1.9MM on instagram-GymShark Athlete

GraceFitUK? 856k on instagram-GymShark Athlete

So that's the world of instagram fitness models.

How many of these damsels have you rescued from internet trolls?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TIT] [ In reply to ]

[/quote]

Have you heard of Katie Anne? Current WNBF World Champion. 106k on Instagram

Have you heard of MegSquats? She's a powerlifter who hasn't won anything spectacular, 315k on Instagram-BBCom Spokesmodel

Have you heard of BuffBunny (I just cringed), she has 1.7MM on instagram...mostly from stealing the boyfriend of the next person I put down.

Nikki Blacketter? 1.9MM on instagram-GymShark Athlete

Emily Hayden? 267k instagram-Alphalete Athlete

Whitney Simmons? 1.9MM on instagram-GymShark Athlete

GraceFitUK? 856k on instagram-GymShark Athlete

So that's the world of instagram fitness models.[/quote]

How many of these damsels have you rescued from internet trolls?[/quote]
All dudes furiously searching Instagram right now.....

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TIT] [ In reply to ]

TIT wrote:
[

How many of these damsels have you rescued from internet trolls?

Lol classic!!!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [FitNerd] [ In reply to ]

Guys, these next two days off fun include her getting an MDOT tattoo, maybe 50..
In Reply To:

Prev Next