Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, don't hammer me too bad, but what do you guys think of this stuff?... http://www.cytosport.com/products/all-products

I know its geared towards weightlifting, and has all the "monster" advertising hype, but waxy maize is supposed to aid in energy. Cytosports has a pretty good reputation as well. I guess my question comes down to is this stuff AT ALL comparable to EFS, Perpetuem or Sustained Energy? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [ridehard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry - I can't see the details for an Australian distributor on the list?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shipping costs not prohibitive as long as you're ordering for months and not single races. 20% of our business is now international. Of that about half makes it's way down under.
Most retailers refuse to ship this type of product international because of issues with it being liquid. Packed correctly and in the proper container the refills travel quite easily. Not sure
what the cost of the product for you would be locally, but there are plenty of consumers that opt for the international shipping. That tells you something.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my first shipment and tried the EFS Liquidshot just to taste it. Tastes like vanilla ice cream, maybe a little saltier than ice cream. It wasn't as "liquidy" as I was expecting, but still thinner than GU, Powergel, or Hammergel. I'll try the EFS drink (I got the grape) this weekend.

George

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, just read this whole thread. Not sure if I read this correctly. Can I put both EFS and the liquid shot in one bottle? Will they mix appropirately and give me a calorie concentrated bottle?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [PBFLRacing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Okay, just read this whole thread. Not sure if I read this correctly. Can I put both EFS and the liquid shot in one bottle? Will they mix appropirately and give me a calorie concentrated bottle?

Thanks

Remember, speaking in a broad sense, you can put just anything you want in a bottle....you can put 200cal or 1000cal in a 24oz bottle & make it work & it all depends on your flavor/logistic preferences, etc...

For example, you could make a 1,000cal bottle which would be 30-35% CHO solution & then chase each sip, w/ 2x as much water to bring the solution to <10% in your gut (i.e. take a 2oz sip & chase it w/ 4oz of water).

OR....you could make a 500cal bottle (15-18% CHO solution) & chase it w/ 1x as much water & the net result is the same.

So if you wanted to combine both the EFS Powder & the Liquid Shot, that's fine, assuming you understand what the concentration is & roughly how much water you need to chase it w/ if you make a highly concentrated solution.

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [TrueGrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK, don't hammer me too bad, but what do you guys think of this stuff?... http://www.cytosport.com/products/all-products

I know its geared towards weightlifting, and has all the "monster" advertising hype, but waxy maize is supposed to aid in energy. Cytosports has a pretty good reputation as well. I guess my question comes down to is this stuff AT ALL comparable to EFS, Perpetuem or Sustained Energy? Thanks.

Anybody??
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
What about Cytosport's products? I seem to be too sensitive to EFS's products (did not digest well) and Hammer's stuff just taste's horrible. I like Muscle Milk Light (Chocolate) and Cytomax is not too bad for long rides. I also like Endurox R4 for a recovery drink (Fruit Punch)...goes down easy.

I also think that CytoMax is one of the better tasting drinks out there. I think you need to supplement it with endurolytes or salt tabs of some sort.

Cytomax hmmmm...where do I start.

The EFS guys will back me up, one of the basics of any drink is that you want it to be isotonic. Meaning that it goes into your gut and does not need to be digested. Just goes in, and then out into your system.

For a drink to be isotonic it needs to have an osmolality under 300. Cytomax is the highest I have ever tested at 480. So what happens is your body has to pull water FROM your system to dilute (dehydration) and also diverts blood to digest. Not exactly what you want from your sports drink.

It is a low calorie, lower salt product to boot. If you are adding salt to that mix, good luck. :)

Do you know what makes it so high?
Quote Reply

Prev Next