Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [shackmantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is there a date for when the new formulas of EFS Drink are going to be released?
Not sure. As soon as it's ready, and not a moment before. :)

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [shackmantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No date as of yet, but we do hope to have final formulas done for a launch this winter. It all depends on feedback from our athletes and customers at this point. I can tell you that next week we plan on announcing to all our Team First Endurance members an ability to get the new EFS drink prototypes to test. This will be available only to Team First Endurance members. IF you have interest, you simply sign up here. http://www.firstendurance.com/nutrition/control/team

We hope to get enough feedback from our Team First Endurance customers and athletes to make a decision weather we need more prototypes or if we are confident with prototypes we have.

I can also tell you that the upgrades are significant both from a formula and flavor standpoint.

Robert Kunz / Founder and VP of Science for First Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [ridehard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the Lemon-Lime flavor be adjusted/tweaked? man, I hope not!
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ehhh, the EFS lemon lime will be adjusted/tweaked. There are a lot of our Team First Endurance customers that are as passionate about our EFS lemon lime as you are. I have no doubt their voices will be heard when we offer them the new prototype to try next week. If they feel the new EFS lemon lime is better (which I believe they will), then we all win. If you want to voice your opinion sign up for Team First Endurance so you can try the new flavors. I posted the link in a previous post.

Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the EFS lemon-lime flavor too. But was disappointed to find out it had sucralose (artificial sweetener) in it.

Reportedly, the new version will not have any artificial sweeteners. I hope the taste will remain relatively similar, in the meantime, I am using the EFS grape as it does not have any artificial sweeteners.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I love the EFS lemon-lime flavor too. But was disappointed to find out it had sucralose (artificial sweetener) in it.

Reportedly, the new version will not have any artificial sweeteners. I hope the taste will remain relatively similar, in the meantime, I am using the EFS grape as it does not have any artificial sweeteners.
NONE of the new flavors have artificial sweeteners. Only the fruit punch has enhanced sweetness, using stevia; at least that was the first run of the prototype.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great news, as soon as the new Lemon Lime comes out Brian at PBN can expect a call from me.

In the meantime, it's grape.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [ridehard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been a couple of months, anything new on the new flavors?

Also, is vanilla still going to be the only flavor for liquidshot or are there new flavors coming for that too?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can say is give Ultragen a try......this stuff is awesome!! Tastes great and works even better. Optygen is another FE product that I just can't say enough about, I use it everyday. The company does the research, and puts out the best products on the market!!
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [ships] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both EFS and HEED from Hammer are really good:
1) They dont contain any artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
2) These only have complex carbohydrates which means you dont have sugar peaks
3)Taste good!

For the last year I have been using Hammer products so I have much more confidence on their products. All the supplements and all their fuel really work!

Miguel
http://mitano.blogspot.com
----------
Miguel Andrade
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Been a couple of months, anything new on the new flavors?

Also, is vanilla still going to be the only flavor for liquidshot or are there new flavors coming for that too?

Thanks

New liquidshot flavors are coming, but not imminently.

As far as the new EFS drinks, keep your radar tuned. We will have something up on the front page... SOON. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [sirkilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both EFS and HEED from Hammer are really good:
1) They dont contain any artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
2) These only have complex carbohydrates which means you dont have sugar peaks
3)Taste good!

For the last year I have been using Hammer products so I have much more confidence on their products. All the supplements and all their fuel really work!

Read the labels again.
You want a blend of complex and simple sugars. This is the key for any good sports drink.
Sugar peaks for athletes is Fiction. Good marketing, but not good science
EFS is an excellent product

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Last edited by: infinIT 1: Jan 29, 10 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I race on a local bike team with the owner of First Endurance. I have used all of the prototype flavors of EFS and I can tell you that they are all better than previous versions and contain no artificial sweeteners. I happen to be particular to the grape but all four flavors are great. Like someone else stated give the Ultragen a look, it is their recovery drink. It is awesome. First Endurance is a great company run by people just like you and me, they love to ride, run and swim and want to be able to those things to the best of their ability. Give their stuff I try. I’ll bet the only problem you’ll have afterward is what to do with all your leftover hammer products.
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes that's true!

All the sports drink have a mixture of complex and simple sugar. Hammer has a mixture of maltodextrin and fructose.

----------
Miguel Andrade
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes that's true!

All the sports drink have a mixture of complex and simple sugar. Hammer has a mixture of maltodextrin and fructose.

Nope, no fructose in Hammer Products. Something I like about their products.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Ultragen something you mix with milk (cow, almond, soy, whatever) or water? I am guessing water. It just seems odd given flavors like Orange Creamsicle and Cappucino, those seem like flavors that would mix better with milk in terms of consistency/ What is the consistency of the drink when mixed? Is it creamy like a protein shake or thin like a sports drink?

Those flavors seem to indicate that a creamier texture would taste better (orange creamsicle especially) and that a thin, watery drink might taste and feel weird, consistency-wise.

What's the deal?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think in Hammer Gel they use fruit Puree so that means it is fructose (sugar from fruits)

Hammer has one thing good the only sugar addicted is Stevia.

----------
Miguel Andrade
Last edited by: sirkilio: Jan 29, 10 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Good marketing, but not good science

And of course, you are immune to marketing hype :-)

Personally, I don't buy the "science" either way. Most of those studies are done on small populations and statistically meaningless.

Nutrition is a personal thing: you need to see what works for you. I've had excellent success with Hammer products w/o the simple sugars. That doesn't mean everybody should use them.

I'm also giving your products a try for the first time this year. We'll see how it goes.

Victor

blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water. Milk sounds disgusting to me with Ultragen.
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [goldenboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does it mix with a spoon? Consistency of a sports drink or something thicker?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think in Hammer Gel they use fruit Puree so that means it is fructose (sugar from fruits)

True. I was thinking of the more refined sources of fructose.

blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been back and forth with EFS and Infinit. Spent a lot of $ with Infinit in the last two years - tried to spend even more $ a couple of days ago on the "descending pyramid" discount scheme but that was a joke...anyway, I digress. I still have to supplement my Infinit with Salt Stick caps. I have the slider set at around 450 mg of Electrolytes and that's just not enough for me. Any higher and it tastes like sea water. EFS has more than double the Electrolytes and I don't need to supplement with Salt Stick (a nice convenience and one less thing to worry about).

Hammer vs. 1st Endurance - no contest...I've tried and tested both extensively and the research and quality is in FE. The taste of FE products is WAY better than Hammer. I could drink the Liquid Shot for a "treat" or snack it's that good to the taste. If I had to take one FE product with me to the next life though it would be Ultragen - stuff is amazing and works very well. In my opinion, FE has way more research, science and testing put into it's product line.
Quote Reply
Re: EFS vs. Hammer Nutrition [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Good marketing, but not good science

And of course, you are immune to marketing hype :-)

Personally, I don't buy the "science" either way. Most of those studies are done on small populations and statistically meaningless.

Nutrition is a personal thing: you need to see what works for you. I've had excellent success with Hammer products w/o the simple sugars. That doesn't mean everybody should use them.

I'm also giving your products a try for the first time this year. We'll see how it goes.

Victor

LOL. Touche' after Wed...

Love maltodextrine. You need it for bulk calories because of its ability to get a ton of calories and keep it isotonic. BUT, you are limited to about 240 calories per hour (.9 gms/hr per kilo of body weight) that you can absorb with maltodextrine by itself. If you mix a combination of glucose, maltose, sucrose (and in some cases fructose) those absorbtion rates go to 1.24 gms/hr per kilo of body weight. That is 25-30% more calories per hour you will be able to process, a major difference in a long training day or race. If you are greater than 140 lbs, you might be running at a deficit.

Not saying it will not work for you, it's just not the most efficient and limits your ability to absorb calories. The comment I hear from Hammer customers is that the product works OK, but they tend to feel "flat". They notice a big difference when using a drink with the correct blend of multiple carbs.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mix only with water if using it for recovery. Milk slows down the absorption of Ultragen and makes it less effective. Some, including
Mr. Rappstar due make pre-workout smoothies from time to time..in this case milk is fine.

Also,
-New EFS with all the upgrades launching late next week.

-Finally, we have already begun work on new EFS liquid shot flavors

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is Ultragen something you mix with milk (cow, almond, soy, whatever) or water? I am guessing water. It just seems odd given flavors like Orange Creamsicle and Cappucino, those seem like flavors that would mix better with milk in terms of consistency/ What is the consistency of the drink when mixed? Is it creamy like a protein shake or thin like a sports drink?

Those flavors seem to indicate that a creamier texture would taste better (orange creamsicle especially) and that a thin, watery drink might taste and feel weird, consistency-wise.

What's the deal?

Water and - sometimes - fruit. BUT, Ultragen with Almond Milk and a whole lot of frozen fruit is awesome. Totally slays Jamba Juice...

Quote Reply

Prev Next