Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dear Macca... [napoleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not that i can claim to predict the future, but i wonder what macca will say if he gets beaten by mr. stadler yet again in Hawaii? i think he will have a problem taking his foot out of his mouth.

i am impressed with both stadler's and macca's talents.

but i think it is far wiser to let one's results speak for themselves. and doing this seems to be something that macca has a bit of a problem with ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but i think it is far wiser to let one's results speak for themselves

Greg, how many times does Macca have to say it? He IS letting his results speak for themselves!!!

(read with sarcasm) ; ^ )

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My opinion, great post and great mind set re: january. Focus on your year and don't let all the outside crap distract you. All this trash will take care of itself. Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faris' website mentions Macca and Dubai:

Faris Al-Sultan beendet sein vierwöchiges Trainingslager mit befreundeten Triathleten mit einem Testwettkampf, den er hinter dem Australier Chris McCormack an zweiter Stelle beenden kann. Wer in einer der Studenten-Communities unterwegs ist, sollte einmal bei Faris' neuer und offizieller Fan-Gruppe vorbeischauen.

Now the only German word I know is Bier so I put it thru a web translator and this is what spit out:

Faris Al sultan be finished 4-week training camp with friendly Triathleten with a test competition which he can finish behind the Australian Chris McCormack, secondly. Who is on the move in one of the Studenten-Communities, should call in once on Faris' of new and official fan group.

Either he speaks very poor German or the translator stinks (I'm betting the latter). For you Germans out there, is there anything controversial in his statement?
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Tri-Atlanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Faris forgot to mention he got beat by 5 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see it now. Next year, just as I said before. Macca and Normann are going to exit the swim within minutes of each other, they will find each other on the bike and just go insane, they'll push each other to death, I predict they both ride like a 4:10 or something, I can see this happening, seeing as they both hate each other.It's just going to be hell on the run. It'll be like Mark Allen vs. Dave Scott all over again.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah at which point someone , possibly Cam Brown will come through & steal it because they are both toasted
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [damper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure this has all been said before, but this never ending thread is amusing.

Macca is a hard-core triathlete and is ultra competitive. He has the "game" and just sez what he thinks, instead of the other 99.8% who are trying to be politically correct.

It certainly has done the job of peaking interest in his racing.

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Tri-Atlanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well,
I take a stab at it. Pretty easy, since it is german mentality to be short, polite and to the point:-)

"Al-Sultan concludes his four week training camp that he is holding together with some friends with a "test race", in which he is able to place second to the Australian McCormack."

The second sentence is just suggesting that, if you are around the student communities (in Munich, Germany?), you should stop by at one of his many fan groups....

Responding to the question of an poster if I would disclose my professional analysis of McCormacks personality on this forum:

You can't be serious!

Quote | Reply
Really , Macca doesn't need anyone to defend him.

He's the " Best" right now world champion or not. He shut up one chump ( Faris ) who talked shit about him after Hawaii , and Stadler will get his beating soon enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [ronnieg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's the " Best" right now world champion or not. He shut up one chump ( Faris ) who talked shit about him after Hawaii , and Stadler will get his beating soon enough.

Isn't beating someone in an *off-season* non championship sprint kind of like winning the workout? We used to buy a pretzel for whichever teammate "won" the recovery run.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's the " Best" right now world champion or not.

Hmmmmmmmmm

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all! I am obviously very lucky in that I live and work in the UAE and have known Faris (yes really and no BS for 8 years (like before he was 'famous') and been introduced to Chris McCormack through his close friend and confidant, Jason Metters, (4th in IM OZ - what have you moaners done?) as my coach)

What am I saying? Well, there is a lot of badly informed garbage on this thread and also there seems to be a lot of people who need to train more than they offer opinions on people they've never met and never will.

We are so lucky in this sport in that we can race against the best of best and if we are lucky and train hard (there is no secret there really) we can even have coffee with them in Lava Java.... There is no need to take photographs or ask for autographs with 'our elite' because you will find that if you approach them and talk to them as normal human beings, you will get a normal person (much like yourself) talking back to you and even (God forbid!) giving you well-earned advice" things like train,train,train, rest and eat and rest well - no secret there!!

I just did this triathlon ((Dubai Mickey Mouse one but was well organised) that set this thread in motion and really, these two (and Norman and all the others) deserve far more credit than most posters here could imagine. These people put in far more hours than most other sports and do so, so well at this crazy sport we call triathlon.

What do they get? A couple of free bikes, clothing and maybe some nasty tasting nutrition bars. Oh yes, if they win Hawaii or something else, they get a few $$$ (compared to the zillions of 'more professional sports')which are TAXED!!!!

So, a bit of bravado can be excused and REALLY the only people who seem to be taking it rather too seriously are to be found on this thread...Come on - get out there and train!!!

You don't realise/realize how lucky you are!!

Yours in sport

Sharkman
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [sharkmankev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Sharkman...for your injection of humility in this sea of holier-than-thou drivel. Just thanks, man.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca, yeh he has got game , what he doesnt have is humility...............nothing to do with political correctness, much more to do with how you carry yourself as a person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mohamed Ali wasn't very humble either, yet, he is esteemed by the world as the greatest fighter that ever lived. Macca needs to win Kona a few times to back up his talk, but, I think you get my point.

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ali was the greatest, You will be hard pressed to find anyone who would dispute it, Macca on the other hand has yet to win his own world championship - even once.......maybe he should save all the bravado for now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good point. However, I am sort of a twisted person, and I like all his talk & banter. It creates a buzz and excitment. Too many guys/gals out there just say the same old thing over and over and over everytime they are interviewed. Trust me...if Macca and Norminator "toe the line" in Kona, there will be a lot of excitment pre-race, during race, and post race. If Normann beats him again, cased closed. A Macca victory would ilicit the inevitable rematch...

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The dude is fast as lightening and is cocky (not unlike 99% of triatheltes I meet). Seems like a fair anlysis. Wonder what he thinks of you or THE SERGIO?

Of course Paulo you are entitled to your opinion but I just dont get how you reach the point that "but you're a total dick here:".

Stop harshing this dudes mellow and move on!

Peace out!
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [hammerheadny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think he thinks to much about Paulo , and I know he doesn't think anything about Sergio. LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Four minutes on the bike in a 20k. Some workout.

A race is a race and it's obvious that by Macca beating Al Sultan like that shows just how much more raw talent he has. I can't wait until he's World Champion so all the haters could shut up already.

Isn't obvious he's the " Best"...
Quote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and i dont think you know ANYTHING about what chris think........ knowing him ''personaly''....he knows very well who sergio is because he got beat on the run by him...... and he is very passionate about the sport and he knows very well that he as beat faris in a off season race..... and that what really matter is hawaii..... all the talk is part of is passion and color full personality..... he as been like this from the first day i meet him 6 years ago as a short course athlete and still his the same..... and very ncie guy very passionate with a big mouth.... but he as a lot of respect for the other athletes....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Last edited by: jonnyo: Feb 9, 07 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"worked hard TOGETHER on the bike"

It's always good for the sport when one pro calls the other a cheater.
Maybe all these quotes should be given to the judges/refs at kona and let them help the pro's work things out.
Last edited by: AndrewinNH: Feb 9, 07 9:12
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you read what I wrote? I said, I don't think Macca thinks too much about Paulo or Sergio. I don't know him personaly like you but, big fucking deal, do you want a medal or something?
Bye the way, Hawaii is not the be all and end all, it's obvious Macca is the best in the sport right now so, don't go and try and make it look like Macca sweats Sergio in any way. He's a great runner who was a non factor at the World Championship just like you.
If you ask me , you are the guy with the big mouth.
Don't forget it this thread is about Paulo calling a guy like Macca a dick.
Why don't you get on Paulo about "respecting" athletes ?
Last edited by: ronnieg: Feb 9, 07 9:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next