Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dear Macca... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably the only one that will admit it here.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The great Reggie Jackson had a very fine saying that I think is applicable here -- "It doesn't matter where you are when the leaves turn green, it matters where you are when the leaves turn brown."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thata boy mate stick it up 'em

the will to win is greater than the skill to win
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [AUSSIEDREW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have missed something because there is nothing in that link people should be upset about. Macca handled his business and told the tale as it happened. If Faris doesn't like it or people here don't like it then go out and beat Macca in a race, then you won't have to worry about him talking...
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [mdd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Faris doesn't like it or people here don't like it then go out and beat Macca in a race, then you won't have to worry about him talking...

Er, Macca talked plenty after kona last year and he didn't win that one...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just in case anyone has forgotten, Macca was a multiple world short course champion before his ironman career. I think he probably had the advantage here, even if it has been like 5 years.

Now this comment will look really dumb if Faris was a short-courser too before his Ironman career. But I don't think he was.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Jorge M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the smack talk...better than boring politically "safe" answers!!!! He's always good for a good quote....

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!

Although..I think Macca forgot his own words after Kona. He claimed he kissed and made-up with Faris.

I don't think there are too many people who would have bet on Faris is such a shorter distance. This situation only helps Faris if Macca is going to be King of the Short Course. Good for him.

Faris still has at least one thing than Macca does have......
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank god he quit his job as an accountant before going pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. When you prove your competitors wrong show some class. Then we'd probably all be buying under armor tri gear and talking macca up. But as it is I don't think he gained too many fans or did too much to promote the sport to outsiders.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why all the grief Dan? What exactly did Macca do here? Both guys talk it up and I like it.

I'm a fan of both Macca and Faris -- two of my favorites. But before we all jump on Macca let us keep in mind that Faris openly claims to be the best swimmer in the world of Triathlon (ever heard of Craig Walton or Simon Lessing?) and it appears that in the press conference before the race Faris said he was better and would win. So after Macca won he has that right to say he smashed him -- he did after all do exactly that. What's the problem then? Macca didn't make fun of Faris for still racing in a Speedo (it is 2006) and/or for anything truly personal. He simply said, that guy said he'd beat me and I smashed him. I'm ok with that personally.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [hughes.55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i hear what you're saying. I like trash talking but i think this is at a slightly higher level. I liked macca better after I heard the radio piece (competitor?) but he just doesn't strike me as a good guy. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable having a poster or any stuff with his name on it.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
he (Macca) just doesn't strike me as a good guy.
Why on Earth would you say that??? It's not like he killed or raped anyone... he was just a dick with what he wrote, doesn't make him a bad person. Two completely different things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"he just doesn't strike me as a good guy"

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's keep in mind, Norman's trash talking was what got him going after Kona. He was defending himself there. And now it looks like Faris was talking pre-race trash and Macca again defended himself after the race. Not a Norman fan at all but I do like Faris and am ok with Faris saying what he thought was to be true. Saying "I think I can and I think I will win" is ok with me. Saying I smashed that guy is ok.

Now telling the entire crowd to F-Off like Norman did at the finish line in Hawaii is NOT ok with me and thus a reason to say, as Dan put it -- "he doesn't strike me as a good guy". But what Macca and Faris said are fine with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry, figure of speech.

dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so did macca smash faris?
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if youre a top level pro and you have a website and you want a picture of yourself----buy the damn photo.

Dont post a "proof" up on your site.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all
I raced in this event and the distances were about right. Swim cold and choppy. Bike 4 laps on a fast closed road. Run in a park next to creek. Children did a super sprint (400, 10, 2.5). It's great to see 2 top triathletes taking part in a sprint race in their off season (or very early season) and despite being focused on the long course they were going very fast. I missed any press conferences and the prize giving but at the start and end of the race it was all very relaxed and they were just part of the crowd. Faris is very supportive of the local tri scene and has been turning up at the local races for many years. 3 weeks back he was at a small cycle race up a hill organised by Macca's mate Jason who's very active in the race scene here also. Like most pros I imagine they enter the race to win.
Regards
Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca is god .
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, I suppose nobody bothered to look at Faris' site. Turns out he's just coming off a 4 week training camp - and in his RR he mentions that he just didn't have any speed after these 4 weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gullible, Macca didn't write that crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [mdd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or people here don't like it then go out and beat Macca in a race, then you won't have to worry about him talking...

That's kind of the whole point. "Class" is showing respect for other competitors who CAN'T beat you. I don't know how good of a runner you are, but I'm pretty good myself. Would you honestly not have a low opinion of me if I "smashed" you in a race and then made it a point to go around and tell everyone how badly I kicked your butt. Don't dare say anything to anyone....tsk tsk......'cause I'll be right over your shoulder saying "Hey, what you complainin' about loser?! If you have a problem, beat me in a race! Until then.......I'm #1!....I'm #1!....."

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The point that i cant seem to get past is that this was a sprint race in Dubai (vacation) in Jan! Remind me, which of these guys A race Sprint world champs this year? Am i wrong but isnt IM training and Sprint training is a whole lot different? If Faris was worried about a sprint race in Jan i think he should be more worried about an IM in october because his priorities are out of wack. Why doesnt Macca recognize that? I have hammered people on the bike in training and felt good about it until i remembered it was training and that person didnt really care if i beat them or not because they were balanced and i am an idiot.
Quote Reply

Prev Next