Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dear Macca... [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This entire thread is the reason why some people call this forum "Slowbitch".

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were no personal insults in there and he said that Farris was 'gracious in defeat' and gave him a nice note through the RD.

He just seems really happy to have defeated a rival.

I read it as almost a tribute to Farris because he spends almost the entire report discussing the great triumph it was to defeat Farris.

If only he were moved to write such a piece about defeating me!

And for Farris, don't you think he will personally find this helpful? He has probably printed it out and taped it to the ceiling above his bed.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca did not attack Faris's character in any way. He simply stated he was happy to have beat him (in general) let alone after what ever it was Faris said in Hawaii. I think it's more of a compliment to Faris and we're just seeing the proud and confident champion Macca is. They are both Champions, World Champions at that, and it's natural to not "like" one another. Tiger and Phil for example.

If either were to attack irrelevant things, etc then I'd be disappointed as well; but as I see it, it's good for the sport. Triathlon has needed honest and compelling figures for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [hughes.55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon has needed honest and compelling figures for a while.

Which triathletes have not been honest?

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree...but prove him wrong on the field of play and then just sit back and enjoy it. You don't need to talk about it. At least the good classy ones don't.
--------------------------------

Frankly I find it all very revolting. I don't care if "someone else talked trash first," no reason to join in and be a prick as well.

I'd have no problem if he had said this to his friends/training parteners. Everyone gets to gloat a little, especialy about someone you don't like. But to post something like that publicly shows either an utter lack of class, or just complete clulessness as to how such a post would be received.

How difficult would it have been to simply say, "Faris is a tough competitor. Since Hawaii I've been really inspired to bring my best game today and give him a good challenge. I was elated to have been able to make such a showing. I'm sure our next race will be just as exciting." Then he could let all the fans do the trash talking for him. Like we couldn't figure out that he "smashed" him.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To:
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.

Wow. I'm not really to sure what this quote means, but I find it amazing that you were able to pull out a Kipling quote. I wish I could do shit like that.

Maybe I should have spent more time reading than playing Asteroids back in High School.

Well done!

Well, maybe not so quite well done. First, Julian is English, a fellow countryman if you will. Second, the English, currently, have no great rugby team to brag on, or soccer teams winning the World Cup, or tennis players except whent he occasional Scottish player makes a mark, or cyclists, or winter olympians (see the tennis comment), and even Simon Lessing is on the down slope.

What did Julian have left but to pull out Kipliing? Shakespeare?

Julian, you do know I am just kidding, right? Some one has to make up for Francois' absence.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did not mean to imply others are lying, but rather when I say honest -- I mean say what they think. Guys like DeBoom and Cam Brown (while seemingly very nice and certainly great Champions) are just boring to me. They never say anything except "I hope to do well". DeBoom won Hawaii twice and never started in Kona without thinking he could win on that day - I'd just like to hear him say that.

I love Macca and Faris for that. They say what they think - maybe it's right and maybe it's wrong but at least we know how they feel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Macca and Faris for that. They say what they think - maybe it's right and maybe it's wrong but at least we know how they feel.

Children say what they think as well, until eventualy us adults teach them what it means to treat people with respect.

Anyway, I can't tell you what to like and what not to like. It seems that *I'm* likely the one who's out of touch and old fashioned. Now we live in the era where people don't care what happens, as long as there's controversy...whether it be Rosie vrs Donald, The Jerry Springer Show, Howard Stern, or Terrel Owens getting Keshawned off another team

No, I'm much more interseted in rooting for likeable people. I'll take a McNabb or a Payton over a TO or Bonds any day of the week. In fact, I think TOs number one complaint of McNabb was that by not talking trash in public, McNabb made TO look bad.

Bah!!

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Simon is from elsewhere, not the UK. He just sounds like 007 ; ) South Africa I think....Simon sorry if I'm mistaken.

In Reply To:

Well, maybe not so quite well done. First, Julian is English, a fellow countryman if you will. Second, the English, currently, have no great rugby team to brag on, or soccer teams winning the World Cup, or tennis players except whent he occasional Scottish player makes a mark, or cyclists, or winter olympians (see the tennis comment), and even Simon Lessing is on the down slope.

What did Julian have left but to pull out Kipliing? Shakespeare?

Julian, you do know I am just kidding, right? Some one has to make up for Francois' absence.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I agree...but prove him wrong on the field of play and then just sit back and enjoy it. You don't need to talk about it. At least the good classy ones don't.
--------------------------------

Frankly I find it all very revolting. I don't care if "someone else talked trash first," no reason to join in and be a prick as well.

I'd have no problem if he had said this to his friends/training parteners. Everyone gets to gloat a little, especialy about someone you don't like. But to post something like that publicly shows either an utter lack of class, or just complete clulessness as to how such a post would be received.

How difficult would it have been to simply say, "Faris is a tough competitor. Since Hawaii I've been really inspired to bring my best game today and give him a good challenge. I was elated to have been able to make such a showing. I'm sure our next race will be just as exciting." Then he could let all the fans do the trash talking for him. Like we couldn't figure out that he "smashed" him.

Grant

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Forsler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!! Don't just recopy my post!! You have to come up with some originality!!!

; ^ )

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry, I agree and also dislike guys like Owens too. He talks trash that is purely trash. Calling Jeff Garcia gay for example when he was with the Niners or talking trash on McNab's personal life. But Macca never said a thing (as far as I know) about Faris. He simply said it felt great to smash a guy who talked trash on me and that Faris was gracious in defeat. Faris was the one talking trash, in press conference no less. Macca responded to that talk by winning and is rightly proud of his win. Aside from saying he 'smashed him' I'm not seeing anything too bad here and to link him to someone like Owens is huge stretch in my eyes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca's apparently also not all that good at math.

"Anyway the race went really well and I ended up beating Faris by 5 minutes."

Not according to the official results.

Macca: 54:49
Faris: 57:36

http://www.urbanultra.com/results.html
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your post... PRICELESS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm, looks like some girls kicked Maccas' but:

3 152 0:46:06 Sophia Rodd A-YFSS 1 A 4 151 0:46:52 Sarah Mueller A-YFSS 2 A 7 148 0:50:02 Megan Carrie-Wilson A-YFSS 3 A

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have a point. And to be fair, it always comes across differently in text than it does in person. I used to think that Dion Sanders was an arrogant prick. Then I came to find him entertaining in more of a clown like fashion....and I mean that as a compliment....much like Mohamed Ali or Jimmy Connors.

I know for certain that *I* have said things that came across the wrong way many times before.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming those results are from the supersprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ummm....Faaris talk crap. Macca talk crap. Macca wins. Talks more crap.

An A type personality feels the need to show he is the man...the Alpha dog. Nothing new, nothing shocking.

Except maybe the 5 minutes....thats a lot.

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"Anyway the race went really well and I ended up beating Faris by 5 minutes."

Not according to the official results.

Macca: 54:49
Faris: 57:36
He's obviously mentally adding on the time Faris was drafting, as he not so discretely implies:

"Faris and his German compatriot Daniel Mueller worked hard TOGETHER on the bike to limit their loses" (emphasis is Macca's)

As to the smack talk, my take is: if you are ready to back up your statements, go for it. You risk looking like a prick (which he does, in this case, imo) and you must be willing to take it when you get your ass handed to you (as he really isn't, based on his pettiness after Kona).

Not a great role model, but not the worst attitude or behavior by any means.

----------------------------------------------------
Note to self: increase training load.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are listed in the web site you referenced, basically in the same table. It is not all clear to me who did what distance. It is not even clear that those are complete race times. they certainly don't appear to be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is kind of an odd table, but if you look at the categories it starts to make sense, except for that incredibly fast, Max Dunn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His posts are kind of immature. Reminds me of the writing one would expect to see from a highschool junior.

If I were one of his sponsors, I would urge him to get a "ghostwriter".

Quote | Reply
Oh Please paulo.

Macca is so taking the piss out of the whole situation.

For you non Aussies and Kiwi's that is he is joking about the situation.

For example, you guys will now focus even more on him and the Germans at Kona next year.

I suspect he already knows and Stader will totally under perform in Kona and he needs to talk this smack for when it's him and Faris going toe to toe on race day.

Personally I hope Cam Brown beats em all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know Kona doesn't define our sport.....oh wait.....yes it does. Better show up in Oct with all that talk!!

A sprint race in Dubai in January is not quite the same thing.

I do love his spirit!

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one that just realized Macca is Chris McCormack?

Prev Next