Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dear Macca... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would pay 5 whole dollars to see 'Napolean' respond to this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been lurking for a long time, but felt the need to chime in on this for humor value at the very least. Comparing Ali to Macca, they are 2 worlds apart. Ali fought for civil rights and was brash in a sense to bring attention to himself for a cause much greater than himself or his boxing. But my main problem is if you're going to call yourself the best, prove it, go to Kona and win. Normann and Faris did that and from what I gather are in Macca's head, I just hope the three of them become so concerned with one another that Craig Alexander comes up and wins Kona to shut them all up. I don't claim to be a great triathlete by any means, I do it for fun and enjoy the training. I played a team sport at a very high level, so I appreciate the work that Macca puts in and can relate in a way, but the people I met along the way that went on to play on the professional level all with the exception of a few displayed class in everything they did, 97% of the NFL, NBA and such have great respect for the game and all other athletes, there are only a few Barry Bonds and TO's out there. Off the top of my head the names Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Paul Tergat, Wayne Gretzky, and Jerry Rice come to mind, all champions, all the best at what they did, and class acts who never disrespected their opponents whether they got along with them or not. Maybe these three can learn a lesson from the previously mentioned athletes. If triathlon ever took off, I'd hate to see the size of the head on these three if they had the fame of a Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods.

P.S....Ali wasn't the self proclaimed "Greatest" until he had already won the world title, something Macca still hasn't done.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [ickey71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on Ickey.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The following is from Macca website...

Australian Chris McCormack or Macca as he is affectionately known, is one of the most affable athletes in the sport of triathlon. Chris entered the professional triathlon circuit in 1996, as an inexperienced rookie, but rapidly rose to success only eight months after his debut, taking the World No. 1 position and destroying arguably the greatest field ever assembled in triathlon history, to win both the 1997 Triathlon World Championships and the 1997 ITU World Cup Series . This gutsy, determined display recorded Macca as the first male triathlete to ever win both titles (the double) in the same year.

keep lurking.

daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meant to add

; )

daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I probably should have been more clear, I know he was a very accomplished short course racer and I'm not saying he's not an accomplished long course racer either. But all this conversation centers around the Ironman distance, and as far as I know Macca is still uncrowned in Kona. Once again I don't have any intentions to discredit his accomplishment, not that anything I say or any of us say is going to discredit what he has done anyway, he's a great athlete and great competitor, but winning and competing can be done with class and all 3 of them could use some humility. And I happen to enjoy my lurking!!! That is of course any of you want to the secret to a blazing 2:30 Olympic or 3:30 marathon??? Any takers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michael Jordan was considered one of the best at trash talking on the court...

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael Jordan was considered one of the best at trash talking on the court...

He had enough sense to keep it there.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Been lurking for a long time, but felt the need to chime in on this for humor value at the very least. Comparing Ali to Macca, they are 2 worlds apart. Ali fought for civil rights and was brash in a sense to bring attention to himself for a cause much greater than himself or his boxing. But my main problem is if you're going to call yourself the best, prove it, go to Kona and win. Normann and Faris did that and from what I gather are in Macca's head, I just hope the three of them become so concerned with one another that Craig Alexander comes up and wins Kona to shut them all up. I don't claim to be a great triathlete by any means, I do it for fun and enjoy the training. I played a team sport at a very high level, so I appreciate the work that Macca puts in and can relate in a way, but the people I met along the way that went on to play on the professional level all with the exception of a few displayed class in everything they did, 97% of the NFL, NBA and such have great respect for the game and all other athletes, there are only a few Barry Bonds and TO's out there. Off the top of my head the names Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Paul Tergat, Wayne Gretzky, and Jerry Rice come to mind, all champions, all the best at what they did, and class acts who never disrespected their opponents whether they got along with them or not. Maybe these three can learn a lesson from the previously mentioned athletes. If triathlon ever took off, I'd hate to see the size of the head on these three if they had the fame of a Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods.

P.S....Ali wasn't the self proclaimed "Greatest" until he had already won the world title, something Macca still hasn't done.

like someone else said, Macca has won Worlds previously. Everyone is different and like Macca says, he is doing this for himself. Why should we care?

Hawaii is going to be really interesting this year...surely this can't be a bad thing?
Last edited by: fulla: Jan 24, 07 19:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Since you've called me both, I think you're more qualified to answer that question.
Hey! I have never ever ever ever called you a dick! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calling someone a "dick" isn't exactly good behavior in of itself. Paulo, you might be a GREAT coach, but honestly I would pass on you if I were in the market.

I could really care less what Macca says....he has himself/sponsors/God to answer to, and the clock.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Lopi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attacking me isn't good behavior either, but you chose to do it. I guess you have yourself/God to answer to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was not an attack....just feedback coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha,

Me as a psychologist couldn't ask for a better "disrobement" of ones personality as displayed by his blog.

He really lays it all out. All the psych. majors or professionals will be smirking while reading.... him like an open book.

A real find!

(and now get him off my couch, his time is up!)

Quote | Reply
I'd still do him.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funniest and best post I've seen tonight! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but that was part of his game. Just like what Macca is doing now.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ha,

Me as a psychologist couldn't ask for a better "disrobement" of ones personality as displayed by his blog.

He really lays it all out. All the psych. majors or professionals will be smirking while reading.... him like an open book.

A real find!

(and now get him off my couch, his time is up!)
And what is the diagnosis?
Last edited by: rcs: Jan 24, 07 22:33
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who are you kidding? Like Michael Jordan never trash talked anybody off of the court. Give me a break! And I'm from Chicago and a huge Jordan fan. There is, believe it or not, trash talking that is in good fun and just meant to be the jab type, and then there is the bullshit type of trash talking where the person starts making personal attacks. IMO Macca only did the first kind and is just an emotional guy with good intentions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I would pay 5 whole dollars to see 'Napolean' respond to this thread.

Hi eganski!
how do i get the 5 dollars now? :-) I LOVE this thread!!!

I would have been 10 minutes behind the world best athlete in Dubai..... the thing is-its January!

Thats all for now

Normann
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [napoleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good reply, Normann! There's a saying we have in England about pre-season performance "flying in March in dying in July". No good peaking before the real season begins. What races have you confirmed for this year that you can inform us about? Best of Luck for the season ahead.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Post deleted by eganski [ In reply to ]
Re: Dear Macca... [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone is different and like Macca says, he is doing this for himself. Why should we care?

That's what I really find ironic (yet typical) and amusing at the same time. He insists that he is doing this for himself and that it really isn't anyone else's business, but does so by airing it all out on a PUBLIC blog.

If it's really just for himself, then he should keep it to himself.

......but you're right. Despite my replies, I *really* don't care either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You dick! I knew you'd respond with something like 'you owe me five dollars.' "

Wow. It seems to be catching on.

;^ )

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Ironwoof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who are you kidding? Like Michael Jordan never trash talked anybody off of the court. Give me a break! And I'm from Chicago and a huge Jordan fan. There is, believe it or not, trash talking that is in good fun and just meant to be the jab type, and then there is the bullshit type of trash talking where the person starts making personal attacks. IMO Macca only did the first kind and is just an emotional guy with good intentions.

MJ did it differently. It's hard to explain.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said he is "an emotional guy with good intentions." I hear that a lot about a lot of athletes these days.....I think Jeremy Shockey was given this lable recently.

IMO, one can use "emotion" to explain actions as they happen spontaneously, but it's a whole different story when you put it in print on you rown website that you can edit at will.

Quote Reply

Prev Next