Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Epic-o wrote:
I love this thread

Agree, getting interesting!

Pretty poor way to keep a secret throwing FVL, a Cervelo sponsored pro athlete, on the bike, out in public in the middle of Arizona. But we find out now, or we find out during bike check-in at Kona; both generate a lot of hype for the brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
See if this gets pulled...

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Bana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for proving just how hard it is to photoshop an image and make it believable.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Epic-o wrote:
I love this thread

Pretty poor way to keep a secret throwing FVL, a Cervelo sponsored pro athlete, on the bike, out in public in the middle of Arizona. But we find out now, or we find out during bike check-in at Kona; both generate a lot of hype for the brand.

If FVL is serious about winning Kona again he really needs to train on the bike he will actually race on, so kinda hard to do it in another way. I mean force him to do 100% trainer would be cruel :)

Quote | Reply
TriDave79 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Epic-o wrote:
I love this thread

If FVL is serious about winning Kona again he really needs to train on the bike he will actually race on, so kinda hard to do it in another way. I mean force him to do 100% trainer would be cruel :)

Or maybe this frame cant be used on a trainer either.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably just the picture, but it looks like there is only one rear swing arm... Would that even be possible?

I'm probably just thinking to much looking for something that isn't there.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ducati has used single sided swingarms for years. There are two chain stays through in that pic.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Yeah, I have it. Is slowman going to ban me for posting previously pulled photoshop pic?? :)

Neither Dan or I pulled any photos down. Nor did we ask anyone to remove them.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think what we're seeing here is the first CFD designed bike that includes simulation for a rider with legs in motion.

First, you're correct. You should never leave the front edge of the rear wheel un-faired if there is already material in front of it. That's just stupid. Falco did that part right.

Moving the base bar down and funneling the air more below the outstretched arms than around should present some very measurable gains. People often forget to reduce both Cd and A to produce the lowest drag.
Pushing the beam back as it appears in this image allows the thigh area to have reduced crossover with the supporting frame member, where the space that air must move through is already quite restricted.
It is my belief that this principle, executed best (but very differently) on the Softride RocketTT produces cleaner air coming off the back of the legs, which is then undisturbed from glutes to knee for most non-midgety riders.

I don't think existing beam designs work for those with short legs who don't have any clean air moving above the rear wheel.

While I'm in pontification mode, I am also concerned by the Dimond SuperFork design. There is definitely a point at which the wide stance fork is wide enough to actually direct MORE air into the shins. I think they went too far. Cervelo's wide stance appears wide enough to me, without going to ridiculous levels.Also, not really integrating the brake's shape at all was a mistake. There's drag there that would have been eliminated completely at no cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
Also, not really integrating the brake's shape at all was a mistake. There's drag there that would have been eliminated completely at no cost.

They have to leave something on the table so they can make an improvement and sell us on the next version being "the fastest bike ever"

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think TJ probably isn't that hard core of a marketing/sales genius, but I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Epic-o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epic-o wrote:
I love this thread

Agreed. The new wave of tri bikes is pretty exciting. Under the old UCI rules everything seemed to be converging to look similar to the new Canyon. The tri bike world has given the UCI the finger and come out with some crazy stuff in the last two months. The big question is whether it will be better.

P.S. Even though most of my predictions this year have been completely wrong, I am going to take another WAG and say the bike in the picture is a Felt.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [doubleedevil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doubleedevil wrote:
this is my photo, i took in monday in PHX and posted it on another thread.

within minutes i was asked by someone (not slowtwitch, not cervelo) to take it down and i did...but there were already cached copies out there.

since this photo is obviously staying on here now, here is the original i took. this should put to rest the photoshop debate (or did i just photoshop the reflection onto the hood of my car?????)

Was this on pecos? I ride there all the time, I will have to keep an eye out.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
Asked by who?

"Asked by whom."
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
substantive improvement .

Define that.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:

Was it BryanD?

Hahhahahah no it wasn't me

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 21, 16 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
Looks photoshopped to me...when you really zoom in...look up at the front half of the bike...you can see where it was done around the wheel...then going up to front right brake...the background/concrete is not the same...I can definitely see the difference.

Clearly photo-shopped. Hell, the chainring isn't even round. Rookie mistake

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Jordan45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan45 wrote:
Pantelones wrote:
Asked by who?

"Asked by whom."

Whom really cares whose right or wrong?!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [doubleedevil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't read every single post after you posted the original, but that is Pecos Rd correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
Epic-o wrote:
I love this thread

Agreed. The new wave of tri bikes is pretty exciting. Under the old UCI rules everything seemed to be converging to look similar to the new Canyon. The tri bike world has given the UCI the finger and come out with some crazy stuff in the last two months. The big question is whether it will be better.

P.S. Even though most of my predictions this year have been completely wrong, I am going to take another WAG and say the bike in the picture is a Felt.

Not completely disagreeing with you, but I'm curious as to whether any of these non-UCI legal designs represent actual performance improvement, or if they are extended examples of market differentiation. So far, none of the radical designs offer any substantive improvement over an optimized UCI design.

I sort of agree with you, but so far there is no semi-unbiased comparison of the new designs. Can't wait to see something like Tour magazines' WT shootout. I also thought Felt did a nice job when they tested the AR.

Even if there isn't much difference it will have been interesting to see that all the crazy ideas you can think up for what would make a better didn't actually pan out (and I don't have to buy a new TT bike any time soon).

P.S. My prediction is the Omni will be the best low yaw bike (but like I said before, I am about 0 for 5 this year). :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Jordan45 wrote:
Pantelones wrote:
Asked by who?

"Asked by whom."

Whom really cares whose right or wrong?!

"Who really cares who is right or wrong?" :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
So far, we don't yet have independent data showing that the radical designs offer a substantive improvement over an optimized UCI design.

Fixed your post for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Bana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I photo-shopped this while looking at the leaked photo.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [chadm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry but the seat is too low. <pink>
Quote Reply

Prev Next