Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like this:

http://www.tririg.com/articles/2013_07_Felt_B2_Review/960/2013_07_Felt_B2_Review_29.jpg

It would seem with that type of hub/lacing, at 0 yaw, the amount of spokes used would have less impact.

(I still dont know why I dont have the option to post photos.)

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re: pix...that puzzled me too, and then I absentmindedly tried the old ctrl-c/ctrl-v and it dropped right into a post I was working on. like this:

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

If so, they wouldn't have been the first. In the 1990s, for example, Hooker was building bikes with front hubs that were only 60 mm (vs. 100 mm) locknut-to-locknut, with correspondingly narrow flange spacing.

Sansin had some narrow hubs in the 90s, would Hooker have used those or their own?
Easton tried it a few years ago
Soul Kozak were making a narrow hub up until recently (which reminds me that I must buy one before they run out)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:

If so, they wouldn't have been the first. In the 1990s, for example, Hooker was building bikes with front hubs that were only 60 mm (vs. 100 mm) locknut-to-locknut, with correspondingly narrow flange spacing.

Sansin had some narrow hubs in the 90s, would Hooker have used those or their own?
Easton tried it a few years ago
Soul Kozak were making a narrow hub up until recently (which reminds me that I must buy one before they run out)

I actually had a patent on narrow hub flange spacing in the '90s. We did tests at the TA&M tunnel (all 0 yaw back then).

The wheel actually tests slower on it's own (a bit of a surprise), but tests faster than a standard wheel when it's on the bike (due to reduced shear between the spokes and the fork).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
wsrobert wrote:
Wasn't it Felt that used really narrow spoke lacing? So the spokes were essentially faired by the rim itself.

And didn't they use internal radial spoke pattern (i.e. spoke elbows face the centerline)?

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
I tried to bring out some of the details of the frame.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
Doesn't anybody else think that instagram photo looks nothing like the Cervelo marketing pics?

The way the frame is not that deep behind front wheel similar to trek kammtail.

The way the frame slopes up with a storage compartment on top and angled up looks different.

The aerobars.

Plus that instagram bike just looks shite.
yeah I thought exactly the same as you.

The Cervélo FB post has a from with kind of an x where the top tune comes up st an angle and is met with another tube from above it at an opposite angle.

That's not visible in the Instagram picture at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Hooker made their own. Like many CNCed (instead of cold-forged) parts of the era, they unfortunately had a tendency to break. Luckily for me, when mine did I was able to secure a blank shell from a friend who used to work for Hooker, and rebuild the wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
hydraulic calipers already litter the market...

Oops, you're right, didn't read post carefully enough, was thinking of brake levers, not calipers.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
yeah I thought exactly the same as you.

The Cervélo FB post has a from with kind of an x where the top tune comes up st an angle and is met with another tube from above it at an opposite angle.

That's not visible in the Instagram picture at all.

It's definitely the same frame. Because of the poor level of detail in the spy pic it's easy to get confused by a graphical treatment that follows the line of the bean downwards but that's not the edge of the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
tgarson wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
Aside from, yes, being a money grab, what is the incentive for companies to switch to discs? I really don't buy the safer braking bit, no one here is having trouble slowing down.

I have plenty of problems slowing down on my TT bike. Try riding a P4 in the mountains.

obligatory edit: obviously one dude who rides a notoriously crappy braking bike on a-typical roads doesn't justify discs for an entire industry, presumably they have other reasons besides braking performance

LOL!!! 2 dudes.

I'll see you, and raise:
Try riding a P4 down Whiteface. In the rain.
Before they repaved it.
: 0

I did that on 2 separate occasions.
I'm not a very smart man.

When did they repave whiteface?

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
cyclenutnz wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:

Hooker made their own. Like many CNCed (instead of cold-forged) parts of the era, they unfortunately had a tendency to break. Luckily for me, when mine did I was able to secure a blank shell from a friend who used to work for Hooker, and rebuild the wheel.

I think the narrow hub was also "feature" of the original Rovals, prior to Specialized purchasing the company. The 10 lb. hub and crappy rims sure didn't help performance much though.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some stats after 12 days: # 4 P5X pics # ≈ 17000 views # ≈ 400 replies

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kool stop salmon pads on aluminium surfaces suck ass! Might as well remove your brakes
Worst descision Tririg made was including them on the omegas. Swissstop green pads are the best u have used on aluminium brake tracks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't really remember the years it was available, but I had an American Classic Speedster laced to a Mavic CXP30 back in the day.

Narrow flange, less than 70g, pretty slick bearings.

I think I saw one available on Ebay a little while ago...somebody might have some NOS somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cafe Lactate wrote:
\American Classic Speedster

Ah, yes, the Speedster - that's what I used for the front of my do-it-all, semi-aero wheels back in 1999, when the PowerTap hub first came out and I wanted power data at all times. The sealed bearings were too small to hold up for very long, but it was fairly easy to just pop a new set in whenever they went sour. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P4 is a fantastic bike ;)
Great rear brake, probably the worst design EVER from cervelo, but it still goes fast down hill

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [chadm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Room for your favorite super hero lunch box attached to the frame. Nice.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Everyone on here wants a UCI-Illegal bike. Diamondback and Cervelo respond with two awesome looking bikes. Slowtwitch responds with "THAT'S UGLY!" "CERVELO IS LOST"

Quit whining. You asked for it and companies delivered.

Come on. You have to admit, deep down, that you're at least slightly disappointed and you're hoping it looks better in person or with better photography.

I can actually respect the Andean. It's got an over-the-top aesthetic that works for me. Like the Lamborghini Centenario. The Omni has a nice minimalist aesthetic for me. I'll call it an Audi TT (no pun...). This thing? Pontiac Aztek?
Last edited by: trail: Sep 30, 16 6:26
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll admit, I'm put off by the looks of it. I'd be very surprised if it manages to net 5w over a P5. For 5 watts I'd rather buy a new old stock P5 and go nuts upgrading the bottom bracket, wheel bearings, and derailleur cage.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Everyone on here wants a UCI-Illegal bike. Diamondback and Cervelo respond with two awesome looking bikes. Slowtwitch responds with "THAT'S UGLY!" "CERVELO IS LOST"

Quit whining. You asked for it and companies delivered.

Come on. You have to admit, deep down, that you're at least slightly disappointed and you're hoping it looks better in person or with better photography.

I can actually respect the Andean. It's got an over-the-top aesthetic that works for me. Like the Lamborghini Centenario. The Omni has a nice minimalist aesthetic for me. I'll call it an Audi TT (no pun...). This thing? Pontiac Aztek?

I bet it will look better in person, as I find to be the case with most of these new bikes......but yeah, when seeing these spy pics, honestly this is what first popped into my head:

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take that wager. I just don't think Cervelo would delay and take so long and such a risk aesthetically unless it was a home run on the aero numbers. Watch and see.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any one hazard to guess pricing on the P5x? My LBS confirmed it will be in the stratosphere, so I'm going with $12k.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1+ (10W-)

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [chrisgrigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm french seller.
Cervélo commercial tells me yesterday more than 12000 euros.

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply

Prev Next