Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it also possible that Cervelo have 'disguised' the bike, much like the motor industry do with test-mules of new models?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Kristoffer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moving the base bar down to basically the middle of the head tube (if that's what's going on here) would actually be a reasonable discovery by the engineering team at Cervelo to have caused the delay.

I'm skeptical of the top tube hydration, despite how low the beam seems to be. Why would he not have it? Sure doesn't seem to be a temporary absence with BTA, BTS, and down tube bottles all on board in the pic.

I definitely don't think this is fake. It may or may not turn out to be Cervelo's new bike, but it's real.
Last edited by: dgunthert: Sep 21, 16 2:23
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the shadow that the bike makes and then look at the shadow from the car. They are at the same angle. Shadows are usually the first thing to notice when something is photoshopped.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have confirmed from local folks here in AZ FVL is here and has been for a bit and others have seen him in that bike.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is my photo, i took in monday in PHX and posted it on another thread.

within minutes i was asked by someone (not slowtwitch, not cervelo) to take it down and i did...but there were already cached copies out there.

since this photo is obviously staying on here now, here is the original i took. this should put to rest the photoshop debate (or did i just photoshop the reflection onto the hood of my car?????)
Last edited by: doubleedevil: Sep 21, 16 5:55
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [doubleedevil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doubleedevil wrote:

within minutes i was asked by someone (not slowtwitch, not cervelo) to take it down and i did...but there were already cached copies out there.

since this photo is obviously staying on here now, here is the original i took. this should put to rest the photoshop debate (or did i just photoshop the reflection onto the hood of my car?????)
Interesting... I assumed the guy that asked me to take it down was the one that took the photo. I asked him if he was but I didn't get an answer, so I removed it since it wasn't mine. But if he's not the author he has absolutely no right to ask anyone to take the photo down. I mean, it's just a guy on a bike on a public road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doubleedevil wrote:

I think the lesson learned here is that if you are going to provide spy shots for us, we'll need you to get a better camera.... :)
Canon 7DII should cut it.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doubleedevil wrote:

The most interesting thing about this is finding out who asked you to take it down, if not a ST affiliated person (Jordan, Dan, their legal team), or anyone affiliated with Cervelo.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

he's even riding it like most people do during an Ironman...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I guess I was wrong...first time for everything 😁
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That made me laugh out loud.. Perhaps the rider asked that it be taken down? Bet we see the new bike on the course in Kona and I bet there will be an announcement on the bike shortly. Just my speculation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doubleedevil wrote:

I grabbed your photo when you originally posted it on the other thread. I was asked not to post the photo when you took it down (probably the same person who asked you to take it down). Said person asked nicely and wasn't demanding one bit. I can understand why they didn't want it posted.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
doubleedevil wrote:

I grabbed your photo when you originally posted it on the other thread. I was asked not to post the photo when you took it down (probably the same person who asked you to take it down). Said person asked nicely and wasn't demanding one bit. I can understand why they didn't want it posted.

Was it BryanD?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this thread

http://cds-0.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
stevej wrote:
doubleedevil wrote:

Was it BryanD?

LMFAO.

No

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I look at a possible photoshop I tend to look for little details that might not be obvious or can be overlooked by the person or persons doing the photoshop. In this case my first thoughts are to examine the rear license plate of the white car. Although heavily distorted it does seem to have the color scheme of an Arizona plate (although this could be argued against and be easily explained as a detail that one "wants" to see). Also, the approaching dark minivan and red truck in the foreground do not seem to have front license plates, which according to my sources is not required in Arizona. These details suggest that the location of the photo as described by doubleedevil would be accurate. Doubleedevil also notes the reflection on his hood. This detail alone would suggest either this is an unedited photo or you sir (doubleedevil) have some serious photoshop skills.

My vote is this is a legit photo... unedited... but I have been wrong on numerous occasions before.

Spigot
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

he's even riding it like most people do during an Ironman...
*I have no inside info on the new Cervelo*

At least it has a downtube bottle mount..............

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

At least it has a downtube bottle mount..............

I think I see the forever useless accessory bolt as well!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disc brakes - Disc brakes everywhere!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find interesting is that clearly running the downtube along the trailing edge of the front wheel was important, similar to the andean. But, why not have a seat tube that acts as leading edge for the rear tire? Surely you can make a seat tube that makes a better leading edge than a tire.

Also, still not convinced that the base bar attaches in the middle of the head tube. It may simply be the extension hardware above the base bar (probably a mono spacer like on the SC). Then there is some storage that mounts behind the basebar and extension hardware.

Third, I expect that disk brakes means the death of 650c wheels. I mean why would a wheel company invest in 650c wheels with brakes. Currently at least new 650c wheels can be used on all the 650c bikes already sold, but now any 650c disc brake wheels will be limited to 650c disc brake frames, which will be a very small market.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that bike is a new design, it looks very much like the very first Cervelo prototype they made when they first started out.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423127327461174694/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [SlovTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup disc brakes seem to be the trend :p Not liking it one bit, hope manufacturers will have rim brake options as well, as I and many others have too much invested in wheels already. Also not sold on the beam frame either, isn't shrouding the rear wheel more aero??? I'm sure they will come out with #'s that will show the frame and disc brakes are faster though.

I do appreciate the innovation and creativity but personally not a big fan. If this is what Cervelo is introducing I'll be sticking to my P5 unless something better comes along, see what Cannondale, Spesh and others release???

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Epic-o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epic-o wrote:
I love this thread

Agree, getting interesting!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply