Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
nchristi wrote:
Trimes just posted a spy shot on Facebook. No info on where this is coming from. Could this be it?

I call photoshop. Either that or the camera/phone causes some really bad imperfections.

Notice how the rear rim is not uniform depth all the way around? Also, is it a single speed rear wheel? Based on how much of the hub/rotor seems to be visible, maybe he's running a classic 12-19 freewheel?? :)
Zooming in, the pixelation (sp?) looks different all along the beam, etc.

That said, I'm far from a photo expert....

There's a cassette on there. Hard to see but its there.

I think the photo is zoomed in from a phone. Hence why it looks like crap.

Yeah, but its gotta be a teenie tiny one, no? Again, there doesn't seem to be any/much cassette blocking the view of the hub...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the looks of that frame it would be great if they could resurrect the Barrachi name because the beam and front whell cutout resemble it. I think that they should leave the whole P line of bikes for their double triangle triathlon/TT bikes and let this unique frame stand out with a unique name, a unique name that represents the history of the company.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait. Why'd you pull the pic?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leaning more and more towards photoshop, as well....look at the "gull-wing" base bar. So either something completely new or fabricated.

Time will tell....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I highly doubt photoshop.

That looks like the FVL logo on the kit and his standard cycling shoes that are in all his posts.

Compare here:

https://www.instagram.com/...aken-by=frevanlierde

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trimes FB also removed the picture...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dun dun dun.

Sounds legit.

And if so, holy whoa that was funky.

Anyone grab it before it was pulled?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..and the more the photos get pulled, the more legitimate it becomes in my mind. No one cares about the obvious photoshops on the first page. Why is this new pic so secret, unless its real.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Wait. Why'd you pull the pic?

I don't think he pulled it. His last edit on that post seems to have been 13:47.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just missed it 😭😭😭😭😭

tweets.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See if this gets pulled...

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grabbed it.....

The more I look at it, the more I think it is photoshopped....follow the horizontal line from the back of the headtube back towards the seat...the photo gets blurred / distorted around the back of the rider's left leg.

And there is just no way the anlge of that beam (and size of it) can be right....it would intersect the down tube in the middle of it.

Not to mention the whole bike looks way too small for the rider (FVL?)....

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Sep 20, 16 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes the Andean look like a a thing of beauty

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have it. Is slowman going to ban me for posting previously pulled photoshop pic?? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man. Thanks. Could be the angle, but the base bar comes out halfway up the head tube and extensions come out from the stem? Interestingggg.

Also FVL does ride Q rings...

tweets.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Makes the Andean look like a a thing of beauty

Actually, it makes complete sense if you remember the original, misspelled thread title....this "bike" is a mash-up between a Dimond and the Andean.....a DimondBack.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Dun dun dun.

Sounds legit.

And if so, holy whoa that was funky.

Anyone grab it before it was pulled?

I took a screenshot :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
I grabbed it.....

The more I look at it, the more I think it is photoshopped....follow the horizontal line from the back of the headtube back towards the seat...the photo gets blurred / distorted around the back of the rider's left leg.

And there is just no way the anlge of that beam (and size of it) can be right....it would intersect the down tube in the middle of it.

FVL has usually ridden a small bike for his size. IIRC his P5 was a 56 (small-ish) or 54.

I noticed the rear wheel as well but that could easily be distortion from motion blur, image processing, the effect of heat coming off the asphalt (I forget the term), etc. If this is a photoshop, somebody put in a ton of effort to photoshop something weird.

I think the beam is for hydration system identical to Ventum's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) FVL notoriously rides too small a bike

2) Imagine an integrated water bottle a la Ventum on the top tube. Now you can imagine how that would fill into that curve near the seatpost and makes a straight top tube. Total speculation here. I am guess behind his like is a similar scoop thing where the bottle would craddle on the front side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
I grabbed it.....

Willing to put money on it?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rotors aren't even shrouded? Sloppy. I am joining Tom A: there's no way this thing is faster than its rim brake equivalent. I am 100% sure they will say it is faster than a P5, though, which is a little more believable.

Looks like road design and engineering has gone to hell at Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember when the teaser shot of crowie on his new shiv was posted on here. We had a very similar debate compared to this new spy shot.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Steve- here's the big question... will you be riding one ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's new bikes like these that will force me to buy that new PRsix. I hope Pubes is right and something truly exciting does get revealed in the coming weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [AC$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AC$ wrote:
So Steve- here's the big question... will you be riding one ;)

Not immediately. I'd like to see how much adjustability there will be up front to make sure I can get the fit I want.

That said, I love my SC. Fits me like a glove, sharp as hell (aesthetics), has great options for hydration setups and spares/co2, and is fast as hell. It has everything I want. Plus, I'm trying to pay for a wedding in a April. All money saved goes to that for now. I'll ride my SC all next year and then decide what I want to do around this time next year. Maybe a new SC will be out by then?

Edit: and I'm not fan of the disc brakes. Completely unnecessary IMO.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Sep 20, 16 16:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next