Prev Next
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.. That was awkward af.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
anyone else see the stink eye frodo gave wurf at the finish line? wurf was trying to be all buddy buddy. ha!

He didn't seem to have much time for him.
Jan is much more of a gentleman... and I don't think will ever be buddies with a guy like Wurf, who talks the way he does.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [vijeet88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vijeet88 wrote:
Feeling it for Lucy
Yeah and Ryf running close to 9 min/miles now... didn't see that coming.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don’t like Wurf I wonder what’s going on there.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what the things are on TO’s visor, sebi had them on his arms, Anne haug had them on her headband hat.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
vijeet88 wrote:
Feeling it for Lucy

The wheels are completely off but is really good that she’s gutting it to finish. Some of us know that feeling. Digging super deep
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
Anyone know what the things are on TO’s visor, sebi had them on his arms, Anne haug had them on her headband hat.

Cooling headbands

https://www.omius.io/
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:

https://www.omius.io/
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodchaves31 wrote:
Benv wrote:
vijeet88 wrote:
Feeling it for Lucy

The wheels are completely off but is really good that she’s gutting it to finish. Some of us know that feeling. Digging super deep

Yup, going all the way to the end. Lots of respect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders and Brownlee finally got there! Massive drop backs on the run.
Sanders not as good as last year I think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vijeet88 wrote:

I'm sure he'll follow through now on hiring a proper coach and giving them full control
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
vijeet88 wrote:

I'm sure he'll follow through now on hiring a proper coach and giving them full control
that’s what he’s gonna say on his youtube vid tomorrow for sure.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:
Brownlee is at his Ironman level...

Glad we actually went on with the race instead of giving AB the win "based on paper" as many people had on this forum🤭🤭🤭

Jan should thanks AB and Amberger for that sweet towing the swim and bike leg turns!!! Had them both burn themselves and gone with the wind and the win!!! Great racing from Jan 👊🤘👍🤙💪

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amburger is a cool dude but he does the same thing every race... all out on the swim and the start of the bike then he fades to nothing.

he needs to learn to not be a one trick pony.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awful coverage of the race, seems IM only has 6 camera's, can only tell us who's in the Top 4, shame Lange and McNamee dropped out sick as may have shaked things up a bit.

Maybe the poor coverage made the race dull but the only excitment I got (moment of the race for me) was seeing Charles re take 2nd place from Crowley.

Disappointed with Brownlee's race, I hope he sticks with IM distance now and doesn't do a Gomez as he's probably left going for Tokyo too late, without the mechanical and Penalty might he have cracked the Top 10? (I missed most the Bike)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
anyone else see the stink eye frodo gave wurf at the finish line? wurf was trying to be all buddy buddy. ha!

I did

I also noticed no one went up to wurf when he finished
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
vijeet88 wrote:

Pink?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Full respect for Ryf. I normally don’t cheer for favourites, but she is a class act. You need to be allowed to have one off day in 5 years.

Did Ryf end up taking a short Delaware street nap?

Too soon?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm already looking forward to Haug Vs Ryf next year!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beals was sick a couple of weaks before the race and spoke about being too skinny, one of the keys signs according to him things training/fitness is going sideways...to be honest, I think he only started for sponsors...hopefully he turns it around and kills a fall Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched pretty much every minute of todays broadcast from 10:30 AM ET to 9:30. I've been watching the entire day of live coverage every year since they started doing it a few years back. I think the first year was 2013 and I distinctly remember Luke Mckenzie looking like an emaciated skeleton wearing a green trucker hat. Anyhow, I digress... Every year the broadcast has really gotten substantially better, and this year it was really amazing. The commentary, guests, video interviews, camera angles, they really nailed it this year. In years past I would walk away for long sections of the Bike and middle of the Run. This year the hours flew by and it was really entertaining. I think it also speaks to the quality of the field making it entertaining as well. But yeah, kudos to Ironman for coming a long way. Even my teens were impressed that 70k+ people were viewing the event on average throughout the day.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Awful coverage of the race, seems IM only has 6 camera's, can only tell us who's in the Top 4, shame Lange and McNamee dropped out sick as may have shaked things up a bit.

Maybe the poor coverage made the race dull but the only excitment I got (moment of the race for me) was seeing Charles re take 2nd place from Crowley.

Disappointed with Brownlee's race, I hope he sticks with IM distance now and doesn't do a Gomez as he's probably left going for Tokyo too late, without the mechanical and Penalty might he have cracked the Top 10? (I missed most the Bike)

In my opinion, that was amazing coverage of the race; especially compared to 6 years ago!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compare it to Superleague or ITU!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Kona chatter [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

In my opinion, that was amazing coverage of the race; especially compared to 6 years ago!

Compared to Nice, this was an amazing broadcast. The same commentators that were awful flipped a switch and got super analytical. I was very happy this time around.

I know more than a few Australians. There's plenty of dickheads (like Wurf, who I enjoy) and plenty of reserved guys like Crowie.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 12, 19 21:23
Quote Reply

Prev Next