Finally had everything installed. For removal of the spider from the crank, the LBS was stumped at first because the crank+lock ring wouldn't stay on the lock ring removal that was clamped onto the vice. I forget exactly what they used but they had to clamp the crank down onto the lockring tool which allowed them to get enough torque to remove the lock ring.
Did a short ride today to test it out. Basically a recovery pace with a few FTP interval efforts. Power felt like it was similar to when I was using a Quarq. I recorded everything onto a Garmin 510. After I uploaded the data file I did notice a few things:
1 - Power seemed about right. Not sure how I can really prove it since the Quarq was the old baseline
2 - Since Power2Max measures left/right and the Garmin Vector peddles to so as well, Garmin Connect provided a nice power balance chart
3 - There were some dropouts during the FTP intervals (both cadence/power). I def didn't stop pedaling so I'll have to continue to monitor this
For anyone interested, here's my file: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/374950228