Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nicolas,
I'm off in the Alps at the moment with my MTB & my road bike with the P2M on it.
I'll check for the calibration certificate when I get back, but I don't recall seeing one when I opened the box (& I was looking for it).
As I said, let me check when I get back & I'll email customer services again direct if I still can't find it.
All the best,

Gery
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gerry,

did you order through the European or US Shop?

The certificate is pretty stealth - unless you open the manual you won't see it.

Have fun in the alps - nothing less than 300 watts on the climbs, please ;-P.

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm located in the UK, so direct via the European shop I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nicolas...can you email the instructions to fit my chainring to "quocngo@gmail.com"?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Quoc,

sent it. In case it hits the spam folder - can you check there and mark it as "not spam"?

Thanks
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have advice for getting the lock ring off the back of the Rotor 3D+ spider? I don't have a vice but using a wrench and the thing is really on there. I saw another thread that suggested applying some heat with a blow dryer but no luck at all. It is def not from lack of trying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Quoc,

the Rotor factory can be a bit overzealous at tightening the lock ring at times... My suggestion would be to head to the closest car workshop and just ask them to use their vise. Once you have opened it using a large monkey wrench or similar is usually enough.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Last edited by: power2max: Sep 12, 13 0:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a hard time also (on my Rotor 3DF crank which I think has the same lock ring). I bought a $24 light duty vice from Home Depot and mounted it on my garage workbench. I applied heat but could not get it off with the special tool mounted in the vice. But when I mounted the crank arm in the vice (wrapped in a shop towel to keep from scratching it) I got it off pretty quickly using a large wrench.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [chadfikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I have no vice or a work bench to mount to so I'll have to find an LBS that can help out. Between the sensor not fitting onto my Rotor Aero 110 BCD Ring and this lockring hassle, it hasn't been the best experience so far. I hope it works well when all is said and done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally had everything installed. For removal of the spider from the crank, the LBS was stumped at first because the crank+lock ring wouldn't stay on the lock ring removal that was clamped onto the vice. I forget exactly what they used but they had to clamp the crank down onto the lockring tool which allowed them to get enough torque to remove the lock ring.

Did a short ride today to test it out. Basically a recovery pace with a few FTP interval efforts. Power felt like it was similar to when I was using a Quarq. I recorded everything onto a Garmin 510. After I uploaded the data file I did notice a few things:

1 - Power seemed about right. Not sure how I can really prove it since the Quarq was the old baseline
2 - Since Power2Max measures left/right and the Garmin Vector peddles to so as well, Garmin Connect provided a nice power balance chart
3 - There were some dropouts during the FTP intervals (both cadence/power). I def didn't stop pedaling so I'll have to continue to monitor this

For anyone interested, here's my file: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/374950228
Quote Reply
PSA - new prices, Praxis Works, free shipping [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

I hope you don't mind the cross posting here, but in time with Interbike we have a major update to announce. We have decided to serve you - our customers - direct going forward and are passing the benefits on to you in three ways:

• Prices of all power meters are lower - the $899 for the Gossamer stays, the Rotor 3D is now $1,099 (previously $1,349), 3D+ 1,249 (previously 1,449)
  • We ship all power meters for free in USA and Canada
  • We are proud to announce a partnership with Praxis Works to bring the best shifting chain rings
  • We continue to serve all 50 US States free of tax.

Details can be found on our site: http://bit.ly/19eaLAa

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Last edited by: power2max: Sep 18, 13 5:26
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - new prices, Praxis Works, free shipping [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the Euro prices also decrease, or is this just for North America?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - new prices, Praxis Works, free shipping [cambridge_dixie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dixie,

this is for North America and brings our prices in line with those in Europe.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far I'm enjoying the product I bought a Rotor3D unit about a month and a half ago. Thanks for starting the thread to give us a place to ask any questions though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the Rotor tool now an add-on to the Power2Max Sensor only purchase? I see it listed under package contents that it's still included, but first additional option under the sensor is for the tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also wanted to give you my thumbs up review.

got mine early June (3 1/2 mo ago). Install on Rotor 3D was easy after using the special tool and my "kung foo grip" and a very large crescent wrench. Damn! I just tightened it "as hard as I could" and figured that would do (since there was no real way to measure the "suggested" torque value.

It appears to be working flawlessly since install with Garmin 500 and/or 910XT. It has been an amazing training tool. It loks nice and price was very fair compared to other options.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw this via DCRainmaker's blog--very impressive!! I've been toying with a new powermeter (to replace an aging unit that I don't feel like paying to have overhauled with the price of these newer units!!) and this might well just push me over the edge!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:

But unfortunately for those of us in the southern hemisphere, the NZ prices stay the same :(
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - new prices, Praxis Works, free shipping [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, was gonna say this for Australia (the agent is based in NZ anyway)!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - new prices, Praxis Works, free shipping [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@DrAloha: great to hear you like your power2max :-)

@geauxtri: we separated out the tool to give people the choice - sometimes people have the tool already or friends have it, then they don't need to buy it.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
@Quoc: please don't modify the battery compartment, it will compromise the integrity of the sensor and you risk destroying it. Please modify the chain ring instead. I will send you a picture of one.

@Gerry: the calibration certificate is in the manual, inside the cover. I will check with Michael regarding the spare screws.

Best
Nicolas
Hi Nicolas,
I need to install Q-Rings. Could you pass on that picture also please and any links to installing the Q-Rings? Thank you.

P
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, not sure how to post the picture here. Can you PM me your email, then I can send you the picture.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any plans for a lower-cost BB30 option? It looks like FSA doesn't make the BB30 version of the Gossamer anymore unfortunately...not sure what other options there are (maybe the FSA Omega?)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input Asad. Nothing to report at the moment, if there are news I will put it up, of course.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - new prices, Praxis Works, free shipping [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cape_Horn wrote:
power2max wrote:

But unfortunately for those of us in the southern hemisphere, the NZ prices stay the same :(

Yeah, but you get to live in New Zealand...unfair for the rest of us :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next