Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriGirrrrl wrote:
so if I sign up, can I use it both with my CT and with my rollers and garmin? ie I already have a cheap windows machine for the CT but could imagine using this also with my rollers (and likely mac laptop as I will need to put rollers in hallway so I don't kill myself ) does signing up mean I can use your software on both computers???

When you sign up, you can use our software on as many computers as you want (mac and pc). As long as you're the one using it we don't care about anything else.

Rollers are harder to get an accurate VirtualPower curve for. The rolling resistance is going to be affected by the weight of the rider + bike. We only have a few curves in for rollers at certain weight, and those are from people riding their rollers with an SRM and giving those curves.

You can't compare VirtualPower to other power meters directly because of the y-offset that's due to rolling resistance. You can read what I'm talking about here: http://blog.trainerroad.com/...-curve-virtualpower/

In your case, I would do the training on your CT, then do recovery rides on your rollers to change it up and make it easy on your mind. That CT is such a good tool for training.

You can check if we support your rollers at http://www.trainerroad.com/virtual-power

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
TriGirrrrl wrote:
so if I sign up, can I use it both with my CT and with my rollers and garmin? ie I already have a cheap windows machine for the CT but could imagine using this also with my rollers (and likely mac laptop as I will need to put rollers in hallway so I don't kill myself ) does signing up mean I can use your software on both computers???

When you sign up, you can use our software on as many computers as you want (mac and pc). As long as you're the one using it we don't care about anything else.

Rollers are harder to get an accurate VirtualPower curve for. The rolling resistance is going to be affected by the weight of the rider + bike. We only have a few curves in for rollers at certain weight, and those are from people riding their rollers with an SRM and giving those curves.

You can't compare VirtualPower to other power meters directly because of the y-offset that's due to rolling resistance. You can read what I'm talking about here: http://blog.trainerroad.com/...-curve-virtualpower/

In your case, I would do the training on your CT, then do recovery rides on your rollers to change it up and make it easy on your mind. That CT is such a good tool for training.

You can check if we support your rollers at http://www.trainerroad.com/virtual-power

I have a powertap so would get power readings off that - just realized the garmin would not really be needed.
I plan to mix it up a bit this winter - rollers for some handling skills, CT for the resistance....
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooo, if you have a PT then that would be a very nice setup!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, How do you adjust the y-intercept to match the PT numbers using the kurt kinetic?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'd like to do that automatically through calibration one day, but we aren't there yet.

In my blog post, I'm just doing it by hand via excel.

If you have a power meter, you could adjust the tire tension until the numbers were dead on. Then you'd be good to go.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Tacx Bushido doesnt seem to want to pair. I have the Tacx Ant+ adapter. Is there anything special I need to do? I used the virtuapower thingy on 1% slope instead. Is there anything in the works for increasing the slope?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Silvercivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silvercivic27 wrote:
My Tacx Bushido doesnt seem to want to pair. I have the Tacx Ant+ adapter. Is there anything special I need to do? I used the virtuapower thingy on 1% slope instead. Is there anything in the works for increasing the slope?

The tacx bushido uses a custom ANT implementation so we can't read the data. We've asked Tacx to let us play but they said no :(.

Word on the street is that tacx is going to have a firm ware update to the bushido so that it transmits power just like the other power meters, that would allow you to pair it like a power meter.

For the slope, do you mean doing another power curve on another slope? I'll ask Reid about that, I think he has a bushido so we could generate another curve. Could you send an e-mail to support@trainerroad.com? That will give Reid a task and we can get on top of it.

We'd like to control the bushido wirelessly via ANT+, but again, Tacx won't give us the keys to their implementation :(.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, any idea when Trainer Road will be able to have workout intervals set by the user? Following Endurance Nation's training plans and just started using Trainer Road to see what kind of numbers I'm pulling and the 10 minute intervals segments on the Free Ride's make it hard to get an average.

Seems to be a nice setup, just hope I can figure out how to utilize power numbers soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [RottieGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah, so we've started making a workout creator, but that's a ways out.

I think we should make it so you can select an area on the graph and get your average power, NP and IF for that interval. That's pretty easy and we can add that to the web.

Would that get you going?

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using trainerroad.com now for 2 weeks. I love it.

I usually ride my trainer sessions with my father, and he is very interested in getting started with the program as well. Would it be possible to run 2 separate trainer road programs simultaneously on the same computer? For clutter sake, it would be nice if we didn't have to add another stand and computer to our space. Thanks for a great product!

Real People. Real Coaching. Real Results. http://www.ts2coaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [IndyRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IndyRider wrote:
I have been using trainerroad.com now for 2 weeks. I love it.

I usually ride my trainer sessions with my father, and he is very interested in getting started with the program as well. Would it be possible to run 2 separate trainer road programs simultaneously on the same computer? For clutter sake, it would be nice if we didn't have to add another stand and computer to our space. Thanks for a great product!

In the future yes...today no.

We plan on having online group workouts, then going back and doing multiple people on the same computer.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Yah, so we've started making a workout creator, but that's a ways out.

I think we should make it so you can select an area on the graph and get your average power, NP and IF for that interval. That's pretty easy and we can add that to the web.

Would that get you going?

That would be great. I can do my prescribed workouts then breakdown my averages.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [RottieGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, we have a whole plan for workout annotation/coaching analysis. That should fit really well with this. We just have to build it :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Custom workout maker - great news!

------
Scott McMillan, M.Sc
Twitter@Factor9Coaching | Factor9Coaching.com | Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Scott McMillan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott McMillan wrote:
Custom workout maker - great news!

+1

I love the product anyway, but this really is a must have. So many of us are on existing plans that it must be putting a lot of people off signing up.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Shg101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+3 for custom workout editor! I'll probably enroll now to check it out but that functionality is a deal-sealer. Any idea how long until that capability might be ready?

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wareagledusty wrote:
+3 for custom workout editor! I'll probably enroll now to check it out but that functionality is a deal-sealer. Any idea how long until that capability might be ready?

Reid's started on it. We're trying to decide if we should do this before online group workouts, power beam pro support, lemond power pilot support and some other stuff.

I think after today's release we're going to do some bug squashing and change part of our back end architecture to accommodate custom workouts.

But we agree that it's a +1000 feature :). It's the most requested feature we have right now.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just need everyone who's signed up to get one friend to sign up. If that happens, we can quit our day jobs and get workout editor out in like 2 weeks. :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet! I'm signing up today... every one counts! :-)

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
signing up as soon as my 910xt arrives with the ANT stick!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well Iam paying and still waiting to use,,,,,,,no ant stick till I get my 910......(was on beta and wanted the deal) I hope when I get it, This computer idiot can figure out how to use it with my sufferfest videos...........Looking forward to trying it
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Well Iam paying and still waiting to use,,,,,,,no ant stick till I get my 910......(was on beta and wanted the deal) I hope when I get it, This computer idiot can figure out how to use it with my sufferfest videos...........Looking forward to trying it

If you have any problems let me know. I'm working on some more video tutorials that should make things crystal clear.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up. Biggest reason I signed up now is so I could feel better about requesting you make that custom workout creator the next priority. It's mandatory for coached athletes, and since my trainer workout each week changes just a little bit, asking for you guys to add it every time seems a little demanding. :)

Glad to see Krietler rollers are on the supported list, but do you worry that bike differences would matter along with rider weight, too? I suppose once I learn how to ride mine (never tried them and they aren't here yet), I can see what the power differences look like with different bikes and tires. Any chance of user created power curves coming? Or do you feel like they'll have to be user submitted and created by you guys for quite a while? (Yes, I realize you let people send you data to create them, I mean the ability to just plug that same data right into the app to generate them locally.)

Plus I want you to quit your jobs and do TR full time. If you need investors....

--Donnie
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [djb_rh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to chuckle at your post.......If you are just getting rollers for the first time, I would like to see what your power profile will look like after the first few rides ;o) .
Welcome to the darkside..Krielters will last you 30 years
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I might be a smidge ahead of myself with this roller talk! It just made me curious, though.

For now I'll be happy with Computrainer support, I think! Well, and a custom workout creator. ;-)

--Donnie
Quote Reply

Prev Next