Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NICE! :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yah, you drop the video in our desktop player. See below.

Awesome...

Quote:
We're going to let current beta testers sign up tomorrow evening and lock in at $7 a month (30% discount)

...Awesomer!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, it's up. There's a link on the top of all the pages to sign up.

You can also go to www.trainerroad.com/profile/account-information

We're pretty excited!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Nate it's a great price!, can you clarify when there will be a feature to "build" our own workouts on trainerroad?

I didn't see an answer in uservoice, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,
question about the membership for the beta testers. If I decide to pause my membership do I still get the discount rate when I reactivate it?

Looking forward to more sufferfest videos.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Dealz wrote:
Nate,
question about the membership for the beta testers. If I decide to pause my membership do I still get the discount rate when I reactivate it?

Looking forward to more sufferfest videos.

No, when you re-activate you'll get the price of that day. But if you lock in we'll never raise your price while you're an active member..

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate - great product, way cool. I'm doing my little part to contribute to your vacation savings account: I just registered/paid. Yes! :_)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[
We're going to add file export, but we don't have it done yet. So far wko, sports tracks, garmin connect and training peaks are on the list.

.[/quote]
Awesome I will be signing up this week. Any timeline set for the file export? With winter upon us and trainer season in full-bore this would be huge.

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [prosh8905] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we're going to do it in February, but it's been requested a lot recently so we might move that up.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hoping to be the first paying customer this morning, waiting patiently for the e-mail. Alas, the work browser obviously had better plans to foil my competitive nature and all I was greeted with was a blank page when I clicked on the link. I will try again at home later today!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:
I was hoping to be the first paying customer this morning, waiting patiently for the e-mail. Alas, the work browser obviously had better plans to foil my competitive nature and all I was greeted with was a blank page when I clicked on the link. I will try again at home later today!

ah, are you on IE 6/7? That's probably the issue. The form is there, its just on the bottom of the page. If you scroll down you'll be able to see it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, running IE8, getting the trainerroad webpage, but it's blan in the middle with only the usual links at the bottom but not to any form. I'm sure I'll be fine at home though so will wait 'till then. Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Locked-n-loaded. I just completed my subscription. Thanks for the beta discount Nate!

I would like to submit a feature request. What would be the best way to do this?

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [VanDrunken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clicking the "New Ideas" button on the right side of the screen will bring up a suggestions dialog.

http://recipher.co.uk/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VanDrunken wrote:
Locked-n-loaded. I just completed my subscription. Thanks for the beta discount Nate!

I would like to submit a feature request. What would be the best way to do this?

Recipher is correct. That's the best way.

We're going as fast as we can, but there's a lot of stuff left to do and a lot of room to grow :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found it. Thanks guys.

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used the software today for the first time while doing "Local Hero" from Sufferfest and loved being able to see my data on the bottom of the screen. So much easier than having to glance at my TGT watch.

One question though: I have a cheap Performance Star Trac 2000 Fluid trainer which is not listed on the software. Right now I just set it up as a CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro Trainer but that probably means my power is not accurate. I know you guys are swamped, so I was hoping I could do some research about the trainer and send you all the data to make your life easier and hopefully get my trainer on the list. What specifically should I be searching for?

If not possible, then its cool, as long as I can see a number on the screen, I can just train and attempt to make that number higher!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
Used the software today for the first time while doing "Local Hero" from Sufferfest and loved being able to see my data on the bottom of the screen. So much easier than having to glance at my TGT watch.

One question though: I have a cheap Performance Star Trac 2000 Fluid trainer which is not listed on the software. Right now I just set it up as a CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro Trainer but that probably means my power is not accurate. I know you guys are swamped, so I was hoping I could do some research about the trainer and send you all the data to make your life easier and hopefully get my trainer on the list. What specifically should I be searching for?

If not possible, then its cool, as long as I can see a number on the screen, I can just train and attempt to make that number higher!

Great!

First, post it here:
http://support.trainerroad.com/...ed-to-power-formulas

The very best method is to get your hands on a power meter and ride a few sessions and send us the data. Sometimes we're able to find them for you though, so post your request in that forum and Reid will pick it up and scourer the internet.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

So far, I'm really having fun torturing myself with TrainerRoad. I have kind of an open question about race day strategy with VirtualPower. I like how I can get VirtualPower FTP numbers from TrainerRoad and have my workouts tailored to that. On race day, I will lose power measurements, since I don't have a PowerTap or anything like that. I'd still like to do a better job of managing my races using the knowledge and metrics I'm getting from TrainerRoad. Without power, what do I fall back on for metrics?

I have been wearing a heart rate monitor while I train, and at least have a lactate threshold number from my first 20 minute FTP test in TrainerRoad. Should I base my efforts on heart rate relative to my lactate threshold? Will that be a decent alternative?

Maybe someday I'll be able to spring for a PowerTap, but that's not in the budget for this year...

Thanks!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate

Really quick question... Would I be correct in understanding that the program receives the ant + signal so that it requires some form of receiver? Hence the recommendation is to use the Garmin ant+ USB stick.

The wahoo fitness key also receives ant+ signals so if I could somehow attach the fitness key to my laptop could I use that or is the trainer road program only written to receive the signal via garmin ant+ USB stick?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Nate,

So far, I'm really having fun torturing myself with TrainerRoad. I have kind of an open question about race day strategy with VirtualPower. I like how I can get VirtualPower FTP numbers from TrainerRoad and have my workouts tailored to that. On race day, I will lose power measurements, since I don't have a PowerTap or anything like that. I'd still like to do a better job of managing my races using the knowledge and metrics I'm getting from TrainerRoad. Without power, what do I fall back on for metrics?

I have been wearing a heart rate monitor while I train, and at least have a lactate threshold number from my first 20 minute FTP test in TrainerRoad. Should I base my efforts on heart rate relative to my lactate threshold? Will that be a decent alternative?

Maybe someday I'll be able to spring for a PowerTap, but that's not in the budget for this year...

Thanks!

That's a tough question.

Some people can just dial in RPE like a ninja...I can't do that though. If you can't, I'd say use the HR and do some test rides outdoors at the HR and see how it feels. HR changes a bit due to heat/time of day/caffeine/ect so give yourself a zone rather than just a number.

You can help find that zone based on our LTHR and how it corresponds to VP for you, but it's going to be a bit different outdoors, so I would do a LTHR test outdoors too.

A lot of people have done races with HR zones and had great success, so it's not a bad choice at all.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mooseknuckle69 wrote:
Nate

Really quick question... Would I be correct in understanding that the program receives the ant + signal so that it requires some form of receiver? Hence the recommendation is to use the Garmin ant+ USB stick.

The wahoo fitness key also receives ant+ signals so if I could somehow attach the fitness key to my laptop could I use that or is the trainer road program only written to receive the signal via garmin ant+ USB stick?

Thanks

Yes, we require some form of receiver. The wahoo dongle is only iphone based as far as I know. We've never tried hooking one up through an adapter and I'm not sure what would happen.

If you figure out a way to hook up a wahoo stick to a laptop and get TrainerRoad to pick it up let me know! That would be cool!

We have only coded/tested for the ANT USB Stick (it usually has Garmin branding on it).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool - thank you for the info and quick reply!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate
will there be drill work outs like single leg drills, spin ups etc. ?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh good grief

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next