Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello John,

I got this from Japan through a dealer here. I know you can get it from any Shimano dealer. Just have them order it. Here's the part number:

Let me know if you can't get it there. I'll try to find a way to get this to you from the Philippines :)

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hobie1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hobie1, would this work?
http://www.backcountry.com/...e2-a969-001b2166c2c0
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trucker-- I don't think that one will work because I'm pretty sure those wires are all 'female' connections that the deraileur cables plug into and you need the 'male' end of the wires and hence the deraileur cables...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hobie1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hobie1 wrote:
Hello John,

I got this from Japan through a dealer here. I know you can get it from any Shimano dealer. Just have them order it. Here's the part number:

Let me know if you can't get it there. I'll try to find a way to get this to you from the Philippines :)
I had to order one of the RD cables shown above as i nipped the RD cable in the axle nut an must have crimped the wire inside - In the UK, i ordered a replacement from Madison via my LBS and it cost £7 - prob the cheapest bit of Dura-ace in the catalogue!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Withrow is right. We need a MALE connector as the plugs from the harness are female. Only the Rear Derailleur cable will be the cheapest solution. Mine cost me $24 including shipping to me.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on people successfully hacking a satellite solution for the 9070 system yet? I won't be able to get my hands on my P5 for another two months (I'm in the UK, it's in transit in the US, and the taxes to bring it over here to build it would be like 1500.00GBP) and so can't compare all the electronics myself.

I'm hoping to have the info for a working satellite hack in place when I arrive in the US and build the bike up (and pre-order any hard to find parts, like the 7900 series RD cable seems to have been). Any help or suggestions on who to chat with would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TriPigeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriPigeon wrote:
Any word on people successfully hacking a satellite solution for the 9070 system yet? I won't be able to get my hands on my P5 for another two months (I'm in the UK, it's in transit in the US, and the taxes to bring it over here to build it would be like 1500.00GBP) and so can't compare all the electronics myself.

I'm hoping to have the info for a working satellite hack in place when I arrive in the US and build the bike up (and pre-order any hard to find parts, like the 7900 series RD cable seems to have been). Any help or suggestions on who to chat with would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pretty detailed review of the hack you'll need to do. http://dinosarti.com/...k-out-of-my-di2-9070

The 9070 parts are super easy to find as Shimano is shifting everything to the new e-tube system. It's the older 7900 stuff that is basically discontinued now. You can buy the extra set of TT shifters and the cateye buttons now and have the hack completely done in advance. Then when your bike shows up, all you'll need to do is plug them in and mount them to your bike. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candace: Are there any plans for a two bottle Delta-sonic system? For Iron distance races, I use a front bottle, use the downtube bottle holder for a tool kit/spare, and I need two bottle holders in the back, one for my Perpetuum bottle and the other open for changing out bottles on the ride. The Delta sonic is too limited with only one bottle holder for this use.

Also, any thought to making the mounting arm bend downward so the bottle won't sit up so high? You can't easily do a running mount with pedals in the cleats with the bottle sticking up so high in the back (this more relevant for shorter distance races). I had a Hydro tail for my P4 that was adjustable so I could get the bottles lower and avoid the problem.

Thanks for reading.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi wylie,

At the moment no two bottle Delta Sonic system as this would be a big project for our engineers and they are busy working away on other projects! We have 4 different rear dual bottle carriers that will mount to your saddle though depending on what you have.

Our 1st lot of Delta Sonics had a more sloping angle and we found when tested that the bottle would launch more...even with our Gorilla cages! So we made the angle steeper to avoid this. If you want the cage to be a little lower you can use our Aero Cage Optimizer to drop it down. There's a picture of one on a Delta Sonic on the link.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome Withrow, thank you for the details!

Ironically the bike will show up long before I do, frustrating!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CanadianStekare wrote:
equalme wrote:
If I were to shorten the bar some more, is it a big hassle since the shifters and cables are already routed?

Thanks!

It's simple. Just unscrew the aerobars from the mounts, detach the wire (there is a connection between the sifters and the rest of the bike). You should remove the shifter and grip tape, plus any other electrical tape as well, but that's simple.

It took me an hour for both my aerobars, taking my time to ensure everything went correct and smoothly.

Remember to measure 2x, cut once!

Thanks bro. I'm assuming I have to loosen the shifting cable from the derailleurs then right?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a TTer and not a triathlete, I am never going to attach a bento box or other bag to the area on the top tube that sits behind the stem, but what I would love to see is a "mini water bottle" that would sit in that area. The cage would be similar to an Arundel Chrono, in that you would just snap the bottle into the cage (the fact that the bottle would lie horizontally on the cage I would think would make it less launch-prone). It would be better than a BTA setup because not everyone has room between their extensions for a BTA bottle, there can be computer mount issues with a BTA setup and getting the bottle in/out would be easier than with a BTA setup (and would not affect steering).

I know there are some who can do a 40K TT without liquids, but sadly I am not one of them. This would be great for that and even the 20K -ish TTs where you may need a little drink here and there, if only for psychological/comfort reasons.

I'm not sure if there is enough of an installed base of P5s to justify developing a product like this, but I wish it existed.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [equalme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I have the shifter somewhat apart, but I don't see how I can free the cable from the aerobar without completely removing the derailleur cable.

I took off the 4mm and 5mm screws but the cable is still wedged between the shifter and gear housing.

Any idea?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to detach the cables at the derailleurs and pull them out. There is no easy way to shorten the aero bars on a non-Di2 setup without removing the cables.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any tips on rerouting the cable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

I was recently looking at the BBRight specs on the downloadable drawings. A question, are the BB shells of the P5 and new P3 frames the 'press fit version' or 'direct fit version' of the BBRight ?

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P5 uses the PressFit BBright. Pretty sure the new P3 does too. I think the only Cervélo that uses DirectFit BBright is the R5ca (Project California) - and perhaps the new RCA, but it doesn't seem so from their web site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

I just accidentally chipped some of the white and black paint on the downtube. Any suggestions on the matte color of paint to use to patch the chip? It's more cosmetic, but knowing it's there is frustrating.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
3T Aduro x-lo Armpad Base Question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

hopefully you can help me out. I try to get the the x-low setting on my aduro, and no one can give me an exact answer in this. i have attached a picture of all my parts i got, do i have all the parts which i need to go x-low? i got a second aerobar bridge from cervelo last week but it is the same like the "low", the screws are to short and the armpad holes does not fit for boths holes in the aduro bar when using it flipflop. also i can´t find any manual for the aduro bar which would made this easier.

thanks enlightening the x-low dark

martha

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon or David,

Any suggestions on how to prevent premature rusting of the top bearings on headset with Aduro?

Have had mine two months and took out fork to bond insert and noted rust is already starting. Is this something one should do monthly? or more frequently?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very interested in this issue. I had the same thing happen to my left pad; snapped right off. I replaced the bolts with longer ones; no problem since but I'm always thinking about it when the road gets bumpy.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi equalme,

I like to remove the BB cable guide. Then you have access to hook the cables with a normal (J-bend) spoke.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Greg,

MTM got it: the Cervelo R5ca is the only model which uses the DirectFit BBright standard. All other Cervelos, including the P5 and new P3, use the PressFit BBright standard.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Canadian,

The typical easiest method is to use finger nail polish. There are various matte top coats available now.

Good luck,

Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Aduro x-lo Armpad Base Question [martha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi martha,

Great photo, thanks, makes your question very clear!

As you guessed, you do not have the X-Low extension mount. It's very similar to the Low mounts you have, but not identical.

The X-Low should be available through any Cervelo retailer.

Nice extensions on the top in your photo. What kind are they? They look like they could be quite comfortable!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply

Prev Next