Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [veryoriginal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to pay you to do the hacking ?! I don´t think I can do it. I have a Cervelo P5 Six with DI2 11sp. If so please let me
know the price and when it could be finish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to pay you to do the hacking ?! I don´t think I can do it. I have a Cervelo P5 Six with DI2 11sp. If so please let me
know the price and when it could be finish.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jesper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure. Where are you located? Pm me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Denmark !
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice, are there any aero differences between the Stealth pocket 200 and 300?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends if you use the bag correctly or not ;)

You will want to match the bag height to your stem height, so that the bag is level with your stem. If it is too high, there will be drag from the bag. Too low and you will have turbulent air in that pocket which is no good either.

Stealth Pocket 200 - 2.5" high, Stealth Pocket 300 1.9" (say 2") high

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
Where is your DI2 control box? Pictures if possible please
In aero bars, under aero bars?
Don't know where to put mine.
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can put it under the elbow rest or inside the stem. It will fit in both areas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a bike bag that can hold a p5 with the aero bars attached? I would like to do some traveling with my 54cm p5/6 but with all the hoses and etubes running around under the top cap, I would like to find a bag that would hold the bike with the bars still on. I was told that the aerocomfort 2.0 from scicon would do the job. Just looking for a second opinion. thx!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
You have made guesses and predictions but here are actual details and official numbers and pictures of that Cervelo P5

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...5_unveiled_2538.html

I was super impressed with the bike and can't wait to spend more time on it.

Hebert, it seems like you are in good company on the P5. Mark Allen is being fit on one too! I figure this needed to be captured in your P5 thread!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candace, where is best spot to put spare tube etc. anything from Xlab?

Also, does anyone know what the screw at the very bottom is for? Is there a custome hydration system that goes there like the Felt DA1?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SoCalKQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally after I already didn't think the bike will make the way to me, my dealer phoned me, that the bike arrived...

It was really worth the waiting... altough i nearly gave it up.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi good & MTM,
Yes, the P5's TRP mechanical rear brake fits under the frame's BB cover. One of the design requirements for this project.

Hi Damon,
Can you confirm which TPR rear brake was in the design requirements?
http://www.trpbrakes.com/products.php?catid=182
I assume it is the T920 - http://www.trpbrakes.com/...tid=182&subcat=0

my dealer used a T925R http://www.trpbrakes.com/...tid=182&subcat=0, but had to bodge a bridle arrangement as the brake cable outer does not run the full length internally to the noodle at the brake caliper -
Thanks

Gerry
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gerry,

The P5's TRP mechanical rear brake is part number BRL-TRP-925-R-23MM. We have lots of these in stock, and any Cervelo retailer should be able to hook you up with one.

This brake is most similar to TRP's stock "T925.1 Rear" linked here: http://www.trpbrakes.com/...tid=182&subcat=0

The difference is, our "23" version has the cable noodle swapped left to right to better clear the P5's brake cover. TRP's stock version can work well, especially with standard width rims, but can sometimes touch the cover a bit with wider rims. The cover's not structural, and wind tunnel testing suggests its aero effects are negligible, so you could always leave it off if you like.

Nick's excellent TriRig Omega brake is another mechanical rear brake that works well on the P5.

Are you having difficulty with the Magura hydraulics? I did at first until I got the hang of it. Now they rock!!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SoCalKQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Ideally, and aerodynamically, behind the stem or behind the saddle.

Behind the stem you can use: Stealth Pocket 200 or 300 (depending on your stem height)

Behind the saddle you can go with a rear carrier and use the bottle cage as your storage - we are coming out with something that will make this look very neat! Announcement forthcoming. Or get a Carbon/Super Wing dual rear carrier (if you need 1 cage back there for your hydration) and tuck it inside the carrier or in the other bottle cage.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,
thanks for the reply.

I have the Magura brakes in a box, but not fitted them (as yet) as I wanted to use the dura-ace Di2 7970 STI brake levers and unless i do a hack for the buttons, i lose the functionality of the brakes on the outriggers, which is one of the strengths of using Di2 on the TT bike.
Can you confirm the intention is to use a full length brake outer from the bar to the caliper? if so, which hole on the top tube is the correct one to run the rear brake cable down? see fig 8 on the P5 manual - http://www.cervelo.com/...b-c6c28594836d-0.pdf - the dealer used a short length of outer and terminated it on the RH hole and then run the bare rear brake cable down the inside of the frame, which doesn't seem right - if i use the centre hole i assume i can run a full length cable down and it will stop against the noodle.

As I said, the dealer fitted a TRP 925R and bodged a bridle arrangement, which is far from perfect.

thanks again.

Gerry
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gerry,

I see what you mean. If you're up for a Di2 hack I'd say that's the best of both worlds. Highly recommend it if you have the means (sorry, couldn't resist the movie reference).

Okay, the brake you have isn't the perfect one (as you've noticed), but might be made to work okay.

To answer your question on cable routing:

The P5's ICS (internal cable stop) has four holes: the three obvious cable routing holes in the bottom and one slot in the back wall of the ICS bucket.

- The two outer holes are for the two derailleur cables. The housing stops there and the bare cable continues into the frame and around the corner.

- The middle hole is for the brake cable. With the included aluminum housing stop, the mechanical brake housing stops there and the bare cable goes into the frame and around the corner.

- With the intended mechanical caliper, the brake inner wire comes out through the bottom bracket cable guide's "trumpet" flare. One end of the flex housing seats in the "trumpet" flare in the BB guide, the other end at the brake.

The brake is where there are a couple of different cases.

- With hydraulics, the hose passes into the frame through the middle hole in the ICS (without the aluminum housing stop of course), or through the rear slot. The hose comes out the bottom bracket in the centre slot and connects to the brake.

- With other mechanical calipers (like yours or the TriRig Omega), typically the "trumpet" flare isn't ideally placed. Without that, there's no housing seat, so I suggest using full housing as you propose. It can go in through the middle hole in the ICS or the back slot, doesn't matter. Then it comes out wherever is convenient. For the Omega the hydraulics' centre slot is natural. For your brake, have a look and choose where it seems best to you.

Be patient, good luck, have fun!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,
Great stuff! - Many thanks indeed.:)
Gerry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am having trouble getting the stickers off the the seat tube....I got the one off the top tube, but the seat tube sticker is much more stubborn. I have tried the hair dryer, and WD 40. I don't want to hurt the finish...what do you recommend?

Many thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

Removing the plastic sticker is easy of course, just pull it off. To remove the adhesive, I've used rubbing alcohol on a paper tissue or towel. Acetone could also work, but is harsher, so give the rubbing alcohol a chance first.

Obvious in hindsight, but I remember discovering that using a clean section of paper towel seemed to help. :-)

After the stickum (technical term) is all gone, I typically finish off with Pledge.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is the problem...the one on the seat tube is like a piece of cement! It doesn't pull off...I can't even get to the stickum.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Jun 12, 13 6:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

Well that's a problem I've never come across - the sticker is designed to be removable. Can't get even a thin fingernail under a corner?

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it the white "Kenstone Metal Company" sticker? If so, goo gone and a gentle credit card scraping worked wonders for me. It took a while bc I was being very careful, but it didn't scratch the frame. It was a pain, but it finally came off.

http://toddbyers.blogspot.com/ | @ToddByers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, a finger nail will not fit under. Can I use goo gone on it?

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno, what chemicals are in GooGone?
Basically, if it's safe for paint it's safe for epoxy.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply

Prev Next