Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'll answer my own question...Laird married volleyballer Gabrielle Reece

(bastard!)

EDIT: LOL...i go to wikipedia for 5mins & someone beats me to it

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Last edited by: show pony: Oct 13, 07 10:14
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Usually you don't get any breaks until after the turnaround boats"

Spot on, as usual, Monty.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, enough anthem talk.

We've got a race to watch. Focus!
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's nicely positioned to come out of the swim, it will be interesting to see if she can make the leap from 70.3 to IM as well as MJ.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally, someone talking sense :).

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man, they have really stepped up the coverage from past years. This is fantastic. The breakways shots to pre race interviews with specific racers is a nice touch. So far this is A++
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Divorced now aren't they?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just like I thought, the gaps are forming, and it appears they swam into the current on the way out, over 25 minutes at the turn. A few men have taken the lead, but in the top 6 are Gallo, Zeiger, and my dark horse pick, Leanda Cave. SHe is a great swimmer, beating all the men pros in Florida 101..She will have a bit of time to settle on the bike before Michelle catches her, which will be a good stragedy for her..Gallo and Zeiger will fade, but Zeiger will probably lead the bike for an hour or three......
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo's a fast swimmer, isn't he? Can he hang with the top swimmers here?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree on the coverage thus far, except for the breaks...awesome, awesome...can't wait for the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems the same as last year to me...

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is where you start to see the different dynamic of the seperate pro start for the women - real race favourites like, Jones, Cave, Zeiger etc. . who can swim with the top men are in a better postion to get a great draft than the slower swimming women who swim 55+ who may have to swim almost the whole way on their own!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Dr. Tommy!!! If anyone has done the climb from Penticton up Apex mountain, this climb is as hard as Alpe d'Huez and Dr. Tommy does it around 46 minutes at the end of his 6 mountain 8 hour ride...he's no slouch on the bike and put down a 2:56 at IM Cour d'Alene. He's pretty lame on Alii Drive though on taper week. When everyone else is running at 5:45 pace, Dr. Tom resists the temptation to test himself and caps it at 7 min miles!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, sorry. My bad. They're expecting a baby in January.

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expect Natascha to have a good swim. I did an OLY in August and she started with the PRO men (ITU racers mostly) and I was impressed with her swim considering she probably had to swim most of it by herself (without a wetsuit).

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, a little talk about Hellreigel...havn't heard his name much lately. Talk about a sentimental favorite!

<and I know "Dr. Tommy" is not Hellreigel...>
Last edited by: Mike C: Oct 13, 07 10:19
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't remember the Helicopter/boat shots like this from last year.
Better commentary this year.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck, it is totally bogus that the women pros start with the pro men. Its completely ridiculous that MJ can swim along with the top men and get towed to a huge buffer. While, we're at it, let's throw Grant Hackett in there to tow the pro men.

Like the NYC marathon, the top pro women should have their own start. This is totally bogus and this ruling has to change....if they want equal prize money they should have equal conditions....which means the front runners don't get a tow off the other gender and that applies to the men too....we don't need anymore complaints of the likes of Joanna Zeiger claiming to get clobbered by pro men!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did McGlone start? I haven't heard her name. Although with the number of feed losses....

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water conditions appear to be great, I am very curious about the age group swim times already.

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 women leading well into the swim!

Shows you how important technique and efficiency are, over pure strength.

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, if they dont draft off the pro men they'll draft off the AG men...in the current format the strong survive, or even excell (as we're seeing today)

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm pretty sure she started. There was a little interview with her before the start.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it is getting tatical betwen the men. They have let Gallo take the lead, rather than keeping the pressure on, so the front group is bunching up again. There are some breaks, but still a fair number in the lead group. Unless one of the fast men makes a move, it will hold together with lLinda being the pack mule.....
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good luck in the rugby Julian

- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply

Prev Next