Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I guess Norman is out now, so I will fall back on my rookie pick of Alexander.
Crowies' playing his cards just right.... I had him picked from the start!

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my favorite words from ironmanlive today: Failed to create the database connection

//semi retired - old school = http://www.iwilltri.com //
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I read that Natascha crashed, switched bikes and is now back in the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The coverage is really, really bad. They keep cutting away from the action to show people talking at a desk?!
The audio is all over the place, mix-minus's are totally screwy and none of the hosts are listening to what the others are saying. Also their knowledge of what is actually happening on the course is pretty lacking.

I've read a lot lately on ST about how this event has grown up but from the looks of this broadcast its being run by amateurs.

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, about time ST starting working again.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still say it's crap to show anyone the leaderboard with times of your competitors. That drives me crazy.
Last edited by: Markus Mucus: Oct 13, 07 13:39
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is it even legal to switch out bikes? i mean whhhels, chains, but bikes?

//semi retired - old school = http://www.iwilltri.com //
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey any spottings of Luc Van Lierde? What about Desiree Ficker?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard Luc's name a couple times, don't know exactly where he's at....Ficker, not sure....coverage has been up and down more than a cheap hooker who likes it on top....
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. It's completely unneccessary to actually show the commentators at the desk.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The coverage is really, really bad. They keep cutting away from the action to show people talking at a desk?! \\

Sadly I have to agree with you. Last year they had a half dozen cameras, all feeding shots the entire race. This year they have two, one on 2nd place man and one on the second place woman..What is going on there.....
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever watched a bike race?

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Welch on the beach with a couple of women....allrighty then, let's bring some prestige to our sport!
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, but I read that on one of the updates. I'd copy and paste it but alas, the site is down again.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the same thing about Natascha getting a new bike? Do pros get to use special "pro assistance?"
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:41 eastern daylight time and I still can't get on ironman.com. Is anyone else?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [guywithabike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have and I think that is stupid as well. Race your own race, your own pace and if someone catches up to you, race them. Personally, I think it is outside assistance.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy shit...the rugby...england just beat france!!!

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the feed going but I'm not touching anything else for fear of losing it....!
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still say it's crap to show anyone the leaderboard with times of your competitors. That drives me crazy.

Why? If they don't put it on a chalk board people will just shout it from the sideline. What's the difference?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the island gods may have gotten some retribution from Normann. Hope it comes down to a sprint finish for Macca and DeBoom.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paula: "It's a go ugly early day," describing having to go hard early during one of kona's hotter-weather days. Now, see, you just don't get that even from the NFL guys.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
barely, you arent missing much, Thank God for ST.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy....
Quote Reply

Prev Next