Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [tri-hog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-hog wrote:
I am doing IMTX in May again. Last year during a training ride I was hit by a side window of a truck on the course during a training ride and almost wiped out so I decided I would stick to my trainer most of the time (I have a 1 and 5 year old). I am rding 4 days a week right now and I was wondering how you would choose your rides? I rode to a 5:12 on the course last year riding it every weekend at what I thought was a good pace. I am pdm163 on your sight if it matters.

That's a tough question. I'm going to admit right now that I'm probably not the person to ask. Our stuff is done by an experience coach..and I'm just a programmer and okay triathlete.

That being said...I'll give you some advice anyways since this is slowtwitch :).

I think you're doing the right thing looking at your career page: http://www.trainerroad.com/career/pdm163

I'd do those longer 3 hour rides we have ( if you have any others you want, let me know ). You could tag on some SST workouts before or after those rides. During the weekdays, I'd do a mix of big threshold rides and sweet spot rides. To choose those rides, just go to the workout section on the site; there are filters for the types of workouts.

Basically you want to do a lot of threshold, a lot of SST, long rides and some VO2 to ice the cake.

Buuttt...the rest of slowtwitch probably has some really good advice.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tri-hog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to give you props for a very impressive completion of the Rockhouse ride on your profile! That is one tough ride, looks like you nailed it perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a bump for you Nate. I assume you are on other forums since word of mouth is all you need to get this off the ground. Once people try - they will be hooked! Truly some great programming/ideas. Love overlaying on movies and especially dropping Sufferfest videos on - makes them even harder now! I've brought 3 more on board myself. Best of luck in the future!

Re: Trainer road.com [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago, I was in a meeting with the CFO of a fairly large company. He said that they did $2.7 billion in annual revenue and their average transaction was $29.00.

Here's to your first billion, in $10.00 increments.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rroof wrote:
Just a bump for you Nate. I assume you are on other forums since word of mouth is all you need to get this off the ground. Once people try - they will be hooked! Truly some great programming/ideas. Love overlaying on movies and especially dropping Sufferfest videos on - makes them even harder now! I've brought 3 more on board myself. Best of luck in the future!

Thank you! We are going to start advertising soon now that we have some members to fund it. But I agree, word of mouth has been really good to us :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer86 wrote:
A couple of years ago, I was in a meeting with the CFO of a fairly large company. He said that they did $2.7 billion in annual revenue and their average transaction was $29.00.

Here's to your first billion, in $10.00 increments.

Holy crap! I don't know what I would do with a billion. I just want to make it so I do this as my full time job, pay for my kid's college, go on vacation, ect. Normal stuff.

OH and get a SWEET ass super bike! Di2 + Zipp wheels! S-Works Shiv or P5! That's the real dream, but don't tell the wife!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hearing everyone talk about the sufferfest videos has intrigued me, never done one of those before. Can't wait to try one out. Kudos on a killer program!

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wareagledusty wrote:
Hearing everyone talk about the sufferfest videos has intrigued me, never done one of those before. Can't wait to try one out. Kudos on a killer program!

I recommend starting with "A Very Dark Place"

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! Thanks, looks like a real ballbuster

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [awo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awo wrote:
Received my ant+ stick last week and have been enjoying the program. I use my iPad with the Splashtop app so I can have the iPad in front of me with Trainer Road and a movie, works great.

awo, great suggestion on splashtop...I had never heard of this and never even though to use the iPad as a monitor. Figured I would throw this back out there in case anyone missed it. I don't have a laptop stand, don't like wearing my glasses on the trainer, and hate putting in my contacts just for an hour ride. Laptop on the ground was hard to see, but my iPad fits perfectly on the aero setup. Splashtop is the bomb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I am friends with Nate and Reid, meaning this isn't a totally unbiased opinion :), I've gotta hand it to these guys for making something pretty awesome. Talk about removing the barriers to training with power and providing motivation to spend more time riding all in one fell swoop!

Great job, doods.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed! Its awesome how accessable these guys are too, always there to help. Im turning on as many of my friends as possible to this thing!
I cant wait for the day when we can all race virtually!

The only complaint i have is that im hooked on riding with power and am now in the market for a powertap so i can ride outdoors and race with it too.

If you're gonna do something tonight that you'll regret in the morning...sleep late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am trying to get my Sufferfest videos into the player for trainer road. Not to sure what I am doing wrong but it won't let me drag and drop them to the player.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
I am trying to get my Sufferfest videos into the player for trainer road. Not to sure what I am doing wrong but it won't let me drag and drop them to the player.

Hmm..It could be the encoding type of the video. Try converting one of the videos to h.264 as seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bky8n6cTVMA

If that doesn't work, drop me an e-mail at support@trainerroad.com and we'll get it fixed.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found that if you accidentally drag the wrong format video onto the window, you need to exit the program and restart to be able to drag the right one onto the window
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodboyr wrote:
I've found that if you accidentally drag the wrong format video onto the window, you need to exit the program and restart to be able to drag the right one onto the window
ooo, good to know. I'll try to fix that.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First let me state......................There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions..................................And I agree I am one of those, now that is out of the way......................Used trainer road for the first time. Could not get the ont off the screen...........Hit the font square and that seemed to work. When the workout finished,message on the screen said soem thing like..............." You can put to HR for speed" or somthing on the screen. For the life me I could not get that message that was across the screen turned off......................This has got to be something incredibly simple...Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
First let me state......................There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions..................................And I agree I am one of those, now that is out of the way......................Used trainer road for the first time. Could not get the ont off the screen...........Hit the font square and that seemed to work. When the workout finished,message on the screen said soem thing like..............." You can put to HR for speed" or somthing on the screen. For the life me I could not get that message that was across the screen turned off......................This has got to be something incredibly simple...Thanks

I think that's a bug. We display text during the workout, and you may have closed it while the text was up and I didn't clear it out. I bet a restart of the workout fixed that.

sorry about that, just added it to our bug list.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate:

Once you got me squared away, the Computrainer & Trainer Road worked together nicely. I use the computrainer heart rate monitor ear clip & it reads fine. When I downloaded the .tcx file to put it into Apollo Raceday no heart rate info came with it. Do you read heartrate out of the computrainer?

http://bigmikega.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
rroof wrote:

Thank you! We are going to start advertising soon now that we have some members to fund it. But I agree, word of mouth has been really good to us :).

I'm pretty sure I deserve some sort of royalty for all the word of mouth advertising I have given TrainerRoad!! Hmm....I'll take $.05 for every ride posted!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wareagledusty wrote:

I want to know how many more Sufferfest videos have been sold due to the integration with TrainerRoad. In my opinion, it's twice as good to do these using TrainerRoad than just the Sufferfest video by itself. No guessing when you have TrainerRoad running! #GetItDone #ChopWoodCarryWater #DoTheWork.....all that stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [BigMikeGA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike, that might be a bug. Someone else just e-mailed me about it. It's on my list to check, hopefully I'll have time tonight.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it comes to most interval workouts, you're looking for high quality effort with little concern for how you spend your recovery time. I frequently recommend that my riders "do what you need to do in order to make the most of your recovery" and that often means backpedaling, i.e. no-resistance pedaling. The intent is simply to keep the blood circulating and the muscles clearing/recharging without furthering your fatigue - and even spinning at 60rpm with dead-heavy legs can prevent the recovery necessary to make the most out of your subsequent work efforts. So don't hesitate to use a gear combo and/or cadence that feels recuperative (big word for restful) keeping in mind that the better you rest, the better you'll perform when it truly matters. And that applies to most facets of training.

Head Coach at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh cool. That's Chad Timmerman, our coach for TrainerRoad. Hopefully he can answer some training questions.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some longer workouts are in the works right now, and I'll be dumping a bunch of 90-minute interval workouts into the pool very soon - shooting for the end of the month. 2 to 2.5 hour workouts are on the list, but beware...they'll be brutal in terms of TSS/stress.

I'd also be happy to put together some recovery "workouts", but I'm befuddled by the idea. Recovery is one thing, workouts entirely another - downright opposites in terms of physiological response. As you may or may not know, workouts literally tear us down and tell our bodies that we want greater capabilities. We then recover (rest + nutrition) and allow the healing process to effectively expand our capabilities and make us stronger and faster riders, Training 101.

Are you saying you'd like some lighter-intensity workouts, something along the lines of aerobic endurance and/or tempo efforts to perhaps keep piling on the stress, just a lighter form of stress?

Head Coach at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next