Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David went back quite a few threads did not find the answer. Was wondering on the Di2 bike P 5-6 that I ordered [ still no build dates that I know of] by chance will it the new 11 speed....
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sad but true P5 story

http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/t/11208.aspx

I don't intend to hijack this thread, so if you feel you want to followup, please private message me, use the Cervelo forum or start another thread. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bbenitezn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
Anyone know what the Maximum Torque values of the two seat post clamps are. Applied carbon paste but seat keep slipping.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [tristemmet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isn't it written on the seat post clamp?

If you keep having problems, on another aero-seat-post bike I have resolve the problem via application of duct tape. wrap around the leading edge on the bulk of the inserted portion.

tristemmet wrote:
Hi
Anyone know what the Maximum Torque values of the two seat post clamps are. Applied carbon paste but seat keep slipping.

Thanks

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [tristemmet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5n

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hgv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hgv wrote:
My sad but true P5 story

Is it a size 51 you're waiting for by any chance? They seem to be very delayed compared to the other sizes, there are many people waiting for them. My dealer is currently estimating Jan or Feb next year for them.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:
hgv wrote:
My sad but true P5 story

Is it a size 51 you're waiting for by any chance? They seem to be very delayed compared to the other sizes, there are many people waiting for them. My dealer is currently estimating Jan or Feb next year for them.

Nope. The delivery schedule alone has been a kick in the privates. Getting screwed while waiting really perfected the experience.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hgv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too am in disbelief over Cervelo's treatment of customers at this price point. I have been on "pre-order" for months and my dealer has had zero useful feedback as to when my bike may arrive. I have been looking for an alternative bike to purchase but I am still in love with the P5. I hope many of our gripes are taken to heart by Cervelo as we care about the brand and believe in the product. However if you advertise a bike for sale that you can not deliver to customers and don't offer any meaningful communication you will lose business and loyalty. In my tri-group, I am a source of endless amusement. Everyone jokes that I have the most advanced bike that no one has ever seen.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, no it's not written on the seat post clamp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David or Damon

I thought the new SRAM Red 2013 P5 three's were going to have R2C shifters? Mine did not come with R2C shifters.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhudson -- if you have not yet recieved your P5-Six Di2, then it will very likely be the 11 speed Shimano 9070 Dura-Ace Di2. We are out of stock on the 10 speed Dura-Ace and it is no longer being produced. We are still waiting on our 11 speed parts from Shimano.

Feel free to PM me and we can follow up on an estimated delivery date.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM'd for follow up.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [billy1020] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We do take it to heart. I will PM you for follow up.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David thank you for the info that will change my wheel order that I placed with the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your prompt response. I just sent an email to you with the details. - Bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now for something totally different ....

anyone yet travelled with P5, how does front end disassembly look like... and frankly cant imagine how HIGH V would fit into a bikebox?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2

Even though I've never actually had to put one in a bike case, from what I saw of putting the Six's front end together and taking it apart - esp. if all fork spacers and the High V riser are included - you may need more care, more time, more bubble wrap and more room than it takes for regular bike.

Also, the combination of many screws, many parts, oil lines, DI2 cables, little room and a matt frame surface (prone to showing scratch marks) requires patience above all things if you want your bike to look the same and feel the same it did before boxing it.

And if I may, since we're talking about the front end: how are you bike fitters who have studios but no workshop nearby facing the issue of having to cut the oil lines to remove or add fork spacers? I went through the experience once and was only saved by the grace of a mechanic, extra Magura oil and an extra set of "olives". Longest and sweatiest fit of my life.

Kona Tri Shop / Brazil | maxkonabikes.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have traveled with one. Damon mentioned way way up in this thread a packing tip or two. Amy's bike has the low mount, and not the high-V. But, you end up taking the bars and spacers completely off and removing the front brake. There are definitely more bolts to remove, but it isn't "that" difficult. It also helps to go ahead and take the fork partially out to get the bars off since cables are tight.

We used an Aerus biospeed bag to travel with hers, and had no issues. The high V might make it a bit more tricky, but I still think that it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

The most difficult thing about the matte finish is keeping the white clean. What I find works well is using some chain lube on a clean rag to remove any smudges or grease from the white matte finish.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon,

how do you cope with having to cut the oil lines? Do you carry the "olives" and extra oil, and then put everything back together yourself? And bleed the system? Or is there a way to remove the spacers without having to go through this?

Kona Tri Shop / Brazil | maxkonabikes.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Max Kona Bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about when traveling? If your bike is fit properly, you are good to go. Just remove the front brake. There is enough rear brake line shoved in the front stem to give you room to move the bars off. So, for travel, there is no need to bleed the lines, etc. In fact, I think that the hydraulic brakes will probably travel better than cabled brakes since there is no brake cable to kink, etc.

For bike fitting, etc. we were 'fortunate' in that our fits didn't need any real tweaking. So, it was measure three times and cut once. If I were doing it again or wasn't sure of MY fit, what I would do is the following...this is me (NOT Cervelo).

- Get a bunch of normal 1 1/8" spacers.
- Fit the bike higher than the I think that I will ride it.
- Use the normal spacers to 'fit' the bike so that the brake lines to not have to run through the aero spacers.
- Adjust the fit as needed using normal spacers above and below the 'stem' until the fit is right. You should still be able to get by without cutting the brake lines.
- Ride the trainer until I'm sure that the fit is good since you can't seat the bearings etc. if the fork is not cut and the star nut installed.
- Once the fit is set, then cut the brake lines, install the aero/integrated spacers, and run the lines, etc. as for a final fit.

The only 'trick' to the above would be the gluing of the fork and the compression of the bearings to hold things in place when the fit was not quite right and you were using normal spacers instead of the integrated spacers. That is a SAFETY issue since you aren't able to use the compression cap since the fork would likely be too long to be concealed in the stem as the bike is designed. Riding the bike at least a little bit on the trainer to dial in the fit would be the safest way. That's what I might do for a fit if I were building it for myself. If it's a customer, and if I worked in a shop, I don't know if I would take the same steps...I'd try to get the bike fit before they leave. But, you could still use normal spacers under the stem, and set the bars a bit high if you didn't want to cut/bleed/etc. the cables multiple times as they go lower in their fit. And, they incrementally cut the sleeve with the star nut.

But, to travel, you remove the spacers with the bar, tape them or secure them to the bars and pack it. It would be nice 'if' there was a way to use/change the integrated spacers without bleeding/cutting/etc. the lines, but I don't know if there is right now.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option to give yourself some wiggle room with stack, is when you do your hopefully final fit, do it with with a small or medium sized aero pad spacer under your pads (spacers from various manufacturers will work, like the vision ones).

This way, if you need to go lower, you can remove the pad spacer, if you need to go higher, you can put a taller pad spacer in.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandon,

I just picked up my P5-6 frameset yesterday (WOOOHOOO!!), and wonder if you and Amy had a bit of time to chat and give me a look at your bikes? I want to take my time and get the bike set up perfectly.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah problem with high V is where does it fit in the box - living in asia means airtravel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David/all,

I finally got my 51cm P5-6 a couple of days ago - 2 weeks short of a year wait :) So far, it is all that I hoped for and is coming together nicely. Unfortunately it came with Ski tip extensions and I use S-bend. I am finding it hard to find and 3T carbon versions and the wait looks to be over a month.

Has anyone changed to the Profile T2 Cobra extensions from Vision Tech ones? I noticed that the Profile have a different shape where the hands go and it seems like it would feel quite different. Are there any other S-bend options out there? I really can't stand the idea of waiting another month or more....

Many thanks,
Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.ebay.com/...acat=0&_from=R40

two on sale right there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next