Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [140.6shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great! Tell us about your build...Di2 + quark? 10 speed? anything else? what's your fame size and what's your body dimensions

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave...it is pretty cool. I just wanted to post some pics about the ride to maybe show folks that the bike is worth any wait you might have. Also, to let people know that the gang at Cervelo have been really great to me in terms of trying to deal with the availability and the minor issues I've had .... yes, I had to wait - but not very long at all - and they kept me in the loop in terms of the bike. This was a warranty replacement for my P4 (which I really loved as well) - the bike is Di2...was an "adventure" in terms of the build - just takes a bit more patience .... but the end result is pretty sweet (in my opinion). The Quarq is an amazing tool - have used them consistently for 2 years now - and they rock! Even this "older" FSA one. The BBadaptor works great for the FSA stuff (thanks Jakub for your help with that). It is a 58cm ride - and after being fit with Retul - the bike is an awesome fit for me - no spacers and a bit less aggressive than my P4 (which may have been too aggressive). Feels uber comfortable (on the trainer). I am 6'3. Now I need to really work on the engine in order to "justify" having this bad boy!

Last edited by: jar70: Jan 20, 13 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jerredchurst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jerredchurst wrote:
I just ended up running the o-rings for the garmin mount under the stem cap/cover.

I'm pretty sure you do NOT want to do that.

Damon has posted that the stem cover is structural and required for safety. Having something that prevents the cap from making a flat seal is putting all sorts of unpredictable pressures on the cap and the screws. I would not want to hit a huge bump at 25 MPH with that setup.
Last edited by: matto: Jan 20, 13 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi David,
I apologize if this question has already been asked. I should be picking up my new 2013 P5 three Red next week and was wondering what wheels come with it? On the website it says Mavic Cosmic Elite, Vision Team 650c (size 48), should I assume that a 51 cm has the same wheel in 700c? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the picture is bad? There was not any stress or tension when doing this... The o-ring is tiny and basically flattened out. The bolts went right in just as they did without thr o-ring. But I didn't force anything to make this work.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trithink,

The 51 comes with 700 Mavic Cosmic Elites. Can't wait to see your pic!

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I can't wait to post them!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jerredchurst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here: o-rings squash to nothing.
Seems like the best solution for Garmin + BTA bottle.
Isn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [yonadav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...another little option that might be worth exploring is the $15 option from xlab

http://www.probikekit.com/...-computer-mount.html

I used it on my P4 with a BTA bottle....it actually worked pretty good once I got the angle right....and it might actually work better on the P5....

I haven't tried it yet - but I think it would work?

Quote | Reply
Searched this entire thread, still unsure how much faster an 'apples to apples' P5 is over a P4.

I'd like to know, a P5-3 with the Aura* bars, no bottle between the aerobars (but one on the frame), versus a P4 with Aura* bars and a UCI bottle on the frame.
Or a P5-6, fastest config versus a P4 with ventus bars, fastest config.

Does anybody know? Baseless speculation is okay too ;)

*or another bar on both the p5 and p4.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This may be a slightly weird question, but is the P5 seatpost compatible with the current P2/P3 seatposts? Basically I want to know if I can put a P3 seatpost into a P5 frame.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ant-R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baselses speculation:

P5-3 vs P4, same bars, same brakes, round bottles on frame - P5 would be like 2 or 3 seconds faster per 40k

P5-6 vs P4 fastest configuration - ~20 to 25 seconds faster per 40k

Ant-R wrote:
Searched this entire thread, still unsure how much faster an 'apples to apples' P5 is over a P4.

I'd like to know, a P5-3 with the Aura* bars, no bottle between the aerobars (but one on the frame), versus a P4 with Aura* bars and a UCI bottle on the frame.
Or a P5-6, fastest config versus a P4 with ventus bars, fastest config.

Does anybody know? Baseless speculation is okay too ;)

*or another bar on both the p5 and p4.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ant-R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the wind tunnel data, the P5 probably isn't much faster than p4 with ventus, centre-pull brake and p4 bottle.

Likely 5w or less.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Larbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larbot wrote:
If you look at the wind tunnel data, the P5 probably isn't much faster than p4 with ventus, centre-pull brake and p4 bottle.

Likely 5w or less.

The P4 is definitely a bargain right now if you don't mind the bottle and rear brake.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Chris10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris10,

No, the P3 and P5 have different seat post shapes. Close, but not quite the same.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jar70 wrote:
Well...another little option that might be worth exploring is the $15 option from xlab

http://www.probikekit.com/...-computer-mount.html

I used it on my P4 with a BTA bottle....it actually worked pretty good once I got the angle right....and it might actually work better on the P5....

I haven't tried it yet - but I think it would work?

I haven't gotten my P5 yet, it's supposed to ship this month. I don't know if there is a spot to mount that where the torpedo bottle goes. I would be curious if someone can take a photo from above of their cockpit with a bottle in place on a P5 Six so we could see what it looks like. That mount may be as simple as drilling a hole and having it mounted. I've been a bit worried about where to mount my computer actually. Hopefully my shop can help me come up with a solution that looks like it belongs on the bike. On my P2 it was just mounted to the stem. But I don't think it'll be quite that simple this time around.

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Larbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know what rear brakes besides the magura brake fit on the P5? I'm trying to find a standard one that fits. I know they were supplying a tektro brake at one point, but does anyone know the model number?
Last edited by: zachboring: Jan 21, 13 11:46
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P5-3 or P5-6? The P5-3 can fit basically any front brake.
Caroline Steffen, who is sponsored by Campy, rides a SuperRecord 11:

Quote | Reply
I am talking about the rear brake. The front is fine. But I can't seem to fit a normal caliper on the rear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zach,

I was just looking into this for MTM and wondered if I should just post it here... I think you are looking for a rear brake that works in the seat stays. Originally the P5-Three frame sets shipped with a special made TRP922. It is an inverted version of the brake so that the cable enters from the non-drive side when mounted on the bottom of the seat stays.

Unfortunately, our last batch was sent with the wrong hardware. The mounting bolt is too short and the spacer/washer was the wrong dimension. The result is that we now how a shipping skid full of non-usable brakes. We are currently working on a solution with the supplier, hopefully we get some hardware to make them work. For now, I might be able to piece one or two together but that would only be a couple.

We made a full switch to Magura brakes on all P5s. Even the Magura levers are designed by our own aerodynamicist to reduce drag (it's all about the details). I also want to point out that there is no mechanical front brake that will work with the P5-Six brake cover configuration.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds great. I wan't concerned about the front brake as I have a p5-3 and have a solution there. Let me know if you could piece it together becasue as of now I don't have a rear brake.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd kind of hazard a guess that the Tri-Rig Omega brake might work? It is center pull and fits a normal brake mount. I have not tried it, but I that would be my 'first' non-Magura choice.

ETA: If he doesn't post here, I got confirmation from Tri-Rig that the Omega brake does indeed work front and rear on the P5. So, as David said it would NOT work with the P5-6 front end as designed with the brake covers, but it would work on the rear.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Last edited by: -BrandonMarshTX: Jan 21, 13 12:39
Quote Reply

Prev Next