Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not ordered any of that specific bike.
Cervelo shows Jan 2013 as availability date for 58 P5-6 Red (so maybe in the next 30 days?)

They have lots of 58 P5-3 Red and framesets available.
ATC has been ordering the dash-6 upgrade kits and turning the available 3's into 6's.
So really, you could get your desired frame and build today.

You should be a solid 6'2" or more to ride a 58.
J. Mott is 6'3" (rides a 58 P3) and got a comfortable fit on a 56 P5

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check this guy out. I think that he is a motorcycle painter. He's done a couple of bikes for a good friend of mine, they look sweet if you are in to custom paint jobs.

Solomon Harris with Cutting Edge Illusions cuttingedgeillusions.com

I doubt he's cheap though!!

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the information. Sounds simliar to what my LBS is telling me. And I am 6'2". According to my shop (they fit me for my P2), I should be on a size 58 P5 frame to make it fit like my P2. I don't recall my stack and reach values off the top of my head and I'd have to search for the paperwork from my fit since I recently moved. I'm deferring to their experience in sizing me and placing me on the proper size bike.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6 feet 4 inches here (193cm) and the 58 fits perfect.
Still little adjustments needs to be done!

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AustinTriCyclst wrote:
I would say the availability is not geographical (in the US).
Any bike shop can order them at any point and many sizes are available today with more coming in the next 2 months.
51's have been particularly hard to get but that seems to be loosening up a bit.
Its up to the LBS to get them on order (and then be a squeaky wheel till its delivered).
I know my LBS would have ordered stock of all sizes at the first possible opportunity. They have had stock of sizes 54, 56, 58 pretty much since they became available in the UK. I'm waiting for a 51, and I know others who have also been waiting a very long time for them. I've pressed for at least an idea of when it might arrive, but all the distributor was able to say is that it will probably arrive before summer. So it's just a bit galling when someone is able to get one just two months after ordering it! I'm still having to work on the basis that I won't actually receive the bike in 2013 because nobody is willing to even commit to that.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike finished except for that nose cover + positioning of the saddle and some other finetuning!

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AustinTriCyclst wrote:
Its up to the LBS to get them on order (and then be a squeaky wheel till its delivered).

I ordered mine in January 2012 directly at the Danish distributor. I believe the distributor ordered from Cervélo more or less straight away after I ordered. I'm still waiting (on a size 51 P5-3). Latest I heard a week ago is "not earlier than end of January".

I believe the PON deal has screwed up a lot of the distribution in at least nothern Europe with new distribution channels etc. From the outside it looks like a big mess - neither the Danish distributor, the German distributor that the Danish distributor talks with, the UK distributor (as Steve referred to) or the Canadian HQ can seemingly give any estimated delivery date.

A little anecdote. At work we found a supplier of the highest quality of tubing for a medical device with all the right certificates, physical properties etc. When we found out it was impossible to get anything delivered without 6 months of waiting time they were abandoned without thinking twice about it. I guess Cervélo is lucky not to be in the medical industry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David my local Cervelo dealer is not very knowledgable on the P5 and that is why I am asking my questions here.

1) If I purchase a P5-Six upgrade kit will a 2013 P5-Three have the EXACT parts of a 2013 P5-Six? With the only exception being that I might have RT6 instead of RT8 depending on what I have on my P5-Three.

2) Are there any differences between a 2012 P5 - Three frameset + the Six upgrade kit and purchasing a 2013 P5 - Six frameset?

These questions are driven by me trying to decide what do I loose if I purchase a 2012 instead of 2013 P5 - Three. I know the components differences when you purchase a complete bike but what is not clear is what difference there are in a frameset? I thought there were no differences but the dealer indicated there was a bar adjustment change between 2012 and 2013. The dealer also indicated there was a change from s bend to ski. or maybe it was the opposite as in ski to sbend.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by: bartturner: Jan 19, 13 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, it is cheaper to go that route and you end up with an extra fork :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bartturner wrote:
1) If I purchase a P5-Six upgrade kit will a 2013 P5-Three have the EXACT parts of a 2013 P5-Six? With the only exception being that I might have RT6 instead of RT8 depending on what I have on my P5-Three.

Yes, the difference between the Three frame set and the Six frame set is the fork/bar/brake spec. So, if you order a Three and take advantage of the aero upgrade kit, you will have a Six with RT6 brakes.

If you are thinking of the '13 SRAM Red build, then the P5-Three bike, plus the aero upgrade, gives you exactly the P5-Six SRAM Red. The P5-Six Red ships with Magura RT6 brakes.

bartturner wrote:
2) Are there any differences between a 2012 P5 - Three frameset + the Six upgrade kit and purchasing a 2013 P5 - Six frameset?

The 2012 P5-Three frame sets originally shipped without the Magura brake set (included a mechanical Tektro rear brake). However, I would be surprised if there are any left with that spec out there. If it is a frame set that your local shop already has, then confirm with them. If they are ordering the frame set for you, have them confirm with the distributor.

bartturner wrote:
I thought there were no differences but the dealer indicated there was a bar adjustment change between 2012 and 2013. The dealer also indicated there was a change from s bend to ski. or maybe it was the opposite as in ski to sbend.

The P5-Three frame sets do not include the bar. I believe the only change in extension bends applied to the P5-Sixes with the Aduro bar. We had S for a short time and now ship with Ski.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
The 2012 P5-Three frame sets originally shipped without the Magura brake set (included a mechanical Tektro rear brake). However, I would be surprised if there are any left with that spec out there. If it is a frame set that your local shop already has, then confirm with them. If they are ordering the frame set for you, have them confirm with the distributor.

Hadn't noticed the P5-Three frame sets now shipped with Magura RT6 - thanks for the heads up. Do you know if it is possible to get the mechanical Tektro rear brake if you want to use bars that have integrated brake levers (i.e. not supporting the Magura levers)? I assume it's quite limited which brakes fit under the BB brake cover.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DM me. I will check if we have them in stock on Monday.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to Cervelo's Facebook page, they finally have P5's in stock with SRAM red. They said they have the threes and the sixes. Hopefully that means mine will be shipping very soon!

Pics to follow when it shows up.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
medic001918 wrote:
According to Cervelo's Facebook page, they finally have P5's in stock with SRAM red. They said they have the threes and the sixes. Hopefully that means mine will be shipping very soon!

Pics to follow when it shows up.

Shane

I would guess that's only for North America, not for Europe. IIRC what I heard a week or so ago is that P5-Three bikes with SRAM Red is probably not going to be available in Europe before March or April.

Edited to add: I'm talking about size 51. 54, 56 and I think also 58 seem to have been available for a while.

Be aware Cervélo has also tweeted 'local' North American offers on bikes, kind of risky on an international network like Twitter checked by people around the world if you ask me :)

David - thanks for the fast answer. I just sent you a message.
Last edited by: MTM: Jan 19, 13 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it applies to North America, that would make me pretty happy since I'm in the US. I already sold my P2, so I've been a bit nervous that this one wouldn't come in and I'd be on my road bike for the season or racing my P5 with little time to get it dialed. Not looking like that'll be the case. Now this does mean that my bank account is about to get a bit lighter...

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a list of what mechanical brakes fit under the bb cover? Building up a frame and was just curious before I went and found out what does or doesn't work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My best guess is it applies to North America (Canada and US).

Just to be clear, in my message above I was talking about size 51. I've edited the message to clarify that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to use any other brakes other than the Maguras on the P5-Six? My impression is that the "beard" needs to attach specifically to the Magura but just want to confirm. I'd really like to get the Six version with regular brakes but I think I'm outta luck. I hardly use my brakes on my tri bike anyways and would prefer not to have to deal with any further things that I can't just fix myself if things go wrong (especially in travel).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdgreena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the maiden voyage was today and only 1 screw came a little loose. Far anyone who thinks or was told the Quarq doesn't fit - Just look at the pictures.

Thanks to the guys at ATC in ATX... Adam, Kaleb & George. Also, B. Marsh aka - Coach, for helping me get things straight on the new ride. Now I just need to get some miles on her so I can give her a proper name...

Still struggling with where/how to mount the Garmin. I just put it on the bracket that the water bottle holder goes for now.

SP

Last edited by: 140.6shawn: Jan 19, 13 20:38
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [140.6shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ended up running the o-rings for the garmin mount under the stem cap/cover.

Last edited by: jerredchurst: Jan 20, 13 5:48
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jerredchurst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an idea I could try easily. Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So happy to join you all on this thread! Recently picked up a used 2012 P5-6 54 frame locally. It took me a while to rebuild her, she has a few more parts than the average bike. I am also using a Quarq Rotor 3D crank so I decided to order the Rotor BBRight to 24mm bottom bracket. Pressing in the BB was fun, it was a super tight fit. First ride was amazing! The bike is so stiff yet rides quiet and smooth! So happy I was able to pick one up!

I am missing some of the brake pad hardware. The previous owner was running wide rims and did not know how to adjust the brakes and just removed the 'extra' spacers. I have also noticed that the 2013 P5s come with a hex head bolt on the rear brake to make adjustment easier. Does anyone know if one can order a brake pad hardware kit? I would like to get the spacing back to normal so the front brake covers match up with the fork better.

I would also like to remove the bearing cap that was installed and replace it with a thin spacer. Trouble is that I have to remove the brake cables to add the spacer. The current front cable has no slack in the line. Is there a kit to order new brake hose and olives?

The P5 manual was very helpful! Thank you Cervelo for putting one together for us!

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by: dross: Jan 20, 13 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got my ride built up and ready to roll. Just in time for the Calgary winter! Time to build the engine a la Kurt Kinetic (on my P3...).

Thanks to Damon, David and especially Jakub...these guys are top notch - extremely helpful, patient and willing to go the extra mile.

It's the reason for the "stable" of Cervelo's!!! Thanks again guys!!!

Quote | Reply
I'm waiting to pick up my 2013 P5 three Red next week (and fork upgrade whenever it arrives). I sold my Quaq S975 and was planning to pick up Quarq Red as soon as I replenish funds. How did you like the new Quarq Red? Siffness? Shifting? Anything else that may impact my Quarq upgrade decision?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished up my 2nd 40 mile ride in 2 days and had no issues with anything on the bike. Well other than the seat not being broken in yet but that will just take saddle time. I did add the single bottle adapter to the back and had just gone back to carrying under seat bag. Now one wont fit so I will probably breakdown and buy the one that attaches to the top tube to store a tube and co2. The bars are taking some getting used to because my other was Visions and the base bar was wider and beefer. It will come though.

To round back to your question... I have no issues with the Quarq set up or the way it felt. I would say go for it!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next