Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
In North America, we expect to start in December on some of the '13s. Outside NA could be a little later or earlier.

So am I correct in assuming that when the dealer said that they could get me a size 58 P5-6 that Cervelo has in stock that it would be a 2012 spec bike? And not a 13? I opted to get the bike in Feb-Mar since that's when they said the next group would be in. I was thinking of bumping up delivery, but I want a 2013 spec bike and not a 2012. And is the Feb/Mar timeframe accurate?

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
medic001918 wrote:

So am I correct in assuming that when the dealer said that they could get me a size 58 P5-6 that Cervelo has in stock that it would be a 2012 spec bike? And not a 13?

Probably. Not sure on the specifics but that is a fair assumption to make.

medic001918 wrote:
I opted to get the bike in Feb-Mar since that's when they said the next group would be in. I was thinking of bumping up delivery, but I want a 2013 spec bike and not a 2012. And is the Feb/Mar timeframe accurate?

That does sound in line with what I know. Again, without specifics it is tough to give you a definite answer but it sounds like you are on the right track with your shop.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. I definitely won't be bumping up delivery of my order than. I'd rather get the current year bike (2013) so that it is the "latest and greatest" for that kind of money. I think they changed the crank to the aero crank, gave it the flat finish and the seat is an Adamo (which is MUCH better for me than the F'izik). Having you guys here with information is great and you saved me from being disappointed! It'll be worth the wait through the winter.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

Do you have any pictures of the Aduro in the X-Lo configuration? I can't seem to find any when searching.

Also, any idea if it is possible yet to buy the Aduro bar seperately and if it should be done through a 3T or a Cervélo dealer?

Lastly, has any size 51 shipped to customers yet? I think I saw someone on here posted they had got a 51, but now I can't seem to find the post.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the difference and how do I identify a 2013 frame (as apposed to a 2012)? Are there any changes, upgrades, or improvements?

Thank you.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Nov 16, 12 3:31
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most visual difference: glossy (2012) to matte (2013) paint.
The group set of 2013 is with the whole new Sram red 2012 yaw group. (except Rotor crankset etc)
That's about it I think.

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think i have a photo of an x lo set up somewhere. I'll look for a better one, but in the mean time, you can see it here:

https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=3&theater

This rider has tweaked things to get the Garmin into a better position since this photo I believe.

Some 51s gave shipped. Not a huge number yet though...
J

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Axotol is right about spec changing. But when it comes to the frames, there are no differences. 2012, 2013, potato, potawtoe...

The satin finish was a running change so you will see some 2012 bikes with that finish. Structurally, no change.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
I think i have a photo of an x lo set up somewhere. I'll look for a better one, but in the mean time, you can see it here:

https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=3&theater

This rider has tweaked things to get the Garmin into a better position since this photo I believe.

Some 51s gave shipped. Not a huge number yet though...
J

Thanks for the quick reply.

Good to see a photo of it - I think I can place my Garmin better without a BTA water bottle :-p

Please post if you find a better photo of the X-Lo setup.

Good to hear that 51s have started to ship. It means there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

No info on how availability is for the Aduro bar when purchased seperately (for a P3-Three)? Or should I contact 3T to get an answer on that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, help me - Sram or Di2?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MaxApp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you guys stop posting images... those of us who have been waiting for 51's and not in NA are in agony.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like This.....[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Help you choose between the two? Oh man... that is tough. I am a Shimano guy myself, however, Red is lighter and the front derailleur is likely more aero than Di2 so.... I think this might be a case where I would say SRAM.

But then again, I am mechanical type of guy....

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pictures. It seems like it is possible to mount the pads closer to each other without anything else getting in the way, is that correct (assuming you make some wedges or a bridge to have something to bolt them onto)?

Is it a size 51 you have?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in N. America and am coming up to very close to a year anniversary of my order, so I feel your pain. In fact, I could have taken my deposit and made a nice profit selling short euro bonds over the last year :)

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine is a 56
I'd like to get my pads closer, but can't without some Frankenstein fix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, didn't think it looked like a 51 either, but got a little confused by some of the other posts.

I was thinking of making a bridge of aluminum between the original pad holder holes with holes in it to mount the pad holders closer. That would of course require that there is space in between for the bridge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:

Also, any idea if it is possible yet to buy the Aduro bar seperately and if it should be done through a 3T or a Cervélo dealer?

Of course Cervelo dealers but also indipendent bicycle dealers can buy ADURO from a 3T distributor, see 3T distributors list in 3T web site

http://www.3tcycling.com/contact-us
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Claudio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Claudio wrote:
MTM wrote:

Of course Cervelo dealers but also indipendent bicycle dealers can buy ADURO from a 3T distributor, see 3T distributors list in 3T web site

http://www.3tcycling.com/contact-us

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the answer.

Do you know if it's available yet and if not when it will be available to buy separately?

I haven't seen it for sale anywhere and it's not listed on 3T's page yet, so I have a feeling you can't get a hold of it yet unless you're buying a complete P5-Six?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just a little confused about sizing. I took some measurements of my 54 P3 and I got

Stack: 57
Reach: 52

Looking at the chart, it is suggesting that a 51 P5 with the low or x-low bar would be ideal. Am I reading this correctly?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have to go from a 54 to a 51 so that's not surprising, the more drop you have the more likely you need to go down a size.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are not correctly referencing stack and reach, 54 P3 is shown as ~ 50/43 not 57/52

you must be doing armpad stack/reach which would give you a 48, or 51, or 54
Last edited by: jeffp: Nov 17, 12 20:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

the bar is currently on delivery, comes with high and low mounts in the packaging. I know some of the distributors have it in stock already. The Ultra Low mount itself is an accessory and I need to check what the status is. Guess available as well but bive me a day or so (sunday today) and let you know.
Quote Reply

Prev Next