Re: Dirty Secrets [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I wonder which one I am...

Not to worry. I'm still alive.

http://lesliesexton.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Triple Zero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that I am going to be the worlds greatest solo adventure racer of all time.

------------------------------
Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Seriously...who's the jackass who dug this thing up again? Now I'm going to have to waste about 2 workdays re-reading all this funny crap. Thanks. Double thanks if I get fired. Jackass.
I second this!! the jackass that started it has no heart!!! Do you have ANY IDEA how much time will be spent now rereading most of this thread!!??

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I peed in Monty's hot tub last weekend."

That's just hilarious. I missed you guys last weekend. I was supposed to be celebrating year 17 with hubby, but family friends showed up, so romantic dinner turned to dinner with 7 + kids. I've been looking at the Xantusia pics and think my time would have been better spent there:)
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Flaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea. no heart ...

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [paul0578] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
- I am never satisfied with my own results, even if I exceed my own expectations. Thats why i tri, trying to come to terms with that.

- Lastly, i feel like my job/life is a hoax. I get paid too much to do seemingly very little. I might be underestimating my own knowledge, but i feel like my coworkers would never admit to the concept.
Ok, you are competitive. What makes us good is almost always what makes us bad. Competition is my #1 quality--it's the reason I push myself to the brink of destruction in order to do great things...the problem that results...is...well...I push myself to the brink of destruction (which makes everyone around me suffer). My #2 quality? Adaptation. I'm AD/HD...and while changes rarely ever phase me (with the unique exception of unprepared or missing items on race day--I would even adapt well when things were missing when I was still debating on one of the highest collegiate levels), I can't manage to keep an organized schedule for the life of me (I have a pretty schizophrenic training log that never seems to follow my organizer's outline for the week...)

If you feel you get paid too much to do little, you had better be doing two things--taking time off to volunteer. And second, DONATING MONEY TO WORTHY CAUSES. I could put the charity I'm raising money for here, but I honestly believe charitable endeavors ought to be pursued financially and otherwise (the latter being more important, I believe) as an end unto themselves, particularly for those who are raking in the larger bills. I'm willing to bet if you see first hand what the money you can bring in can do (ESPECIALLY for something like basic causes in public health...most of which are admittedly overseas) you will find your work has a very new and unique purpose.

Seriously, don't take me too seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [NOYFB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have been training for 2 Ironmans this year, and am convinced I'm going to blow it up on both race days I am secretely an elitist. I think I am more fit than anyone in my shop I think everyone in the Air Force is a Nancy My wife is a school teacher, and can't wait to have kids. I, on the other hand, have no desire to ever have kids. I'm too selfish I am disgusted my smokers and partiers, even though I used to do both I have way too much John Mayer, Stephen Speaks, and Jason Mraz in my Ipod ( I like accoustic guitars, but cannot play) I act shy whenever someone at work asks me about my races, but secretely I love it My wife is nowhere near as interested in doing tri's as I am, but we bought her a $ 3000 frame anyway. I'm still trying to rationalize this decision Even though I'm out of the Army in 10 months, I still can't stop buying expensive triathlon "shit". The 2009 Orbea Orca looks nice.... I keep a picture of serious cat behind my computer, because he's f@#$ing serious
Actually, a friend of mine is a student at USAFA, and in his first 2 years, managed to knock out two IM's, which isn't that shabby on top of all the other stuff (although, I know a lot of D1 swimmers, and maintain that those who are academically committed still probably have a rougher schedule)

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Irondawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

a friend of mine is a student at USAFA, and in his first 2 years

WTF? He did an IM his Freshman year? Or two his Sophomore year? Man has that place has gotten soft. Unless he was on the 8 hour a week plan, but still...he should be learning useless knowledge like I had to, or out drinking beer trying to be as much of a real college student as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did one his freshman year (don't ask me how). I should clarify that acquantance would be a better way to describe the nature of our relationship (and that is still quite generous). AI do have a friend from my high-school debate team who has trained with him for a lot of runs and says it's not un-doable, you just have to have an abundance of energy to get everything done...which I can only imagine is a gross underestimation. I do know his time was over 15:30 though, so clearly he didn't blaze through it, and I get the impression he's all kinds of mentally tough, which leads me to believe the training was lacking and he just forced himself through undue amounts of pain.

I take it u went to USAFA? I spent 3 or 4 days there a while back for a debate tournament, it was one of the most extravagent tournaments I've ever been to...and I got a sertain supreme satisfaction hearing the coaches lecture all the smokers (there are a LOT in the debate community...about 40%-70%) that going outside to the wrong areas means snipers WILL SHOOT ON SITE. I mean, hey, that just means my health insurance won't be paying their medical bills for emphysema/lung/whatever other kind of cancer.

I'm sad to have left the team b/c I just missed spending a full week there for the national tournament--which would have been the best I have probably seen yet--but I guess 20 hrs a week prepping debate cases on top of a full course load isn't worth it when I can spend 15-20 outdoors training to offset any academic frustrations I'm having at any given time... These truly are happy days for this AD/HD academic :-P.

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was. She's the one that told me she liked our relationship because we were so "honest" with each other.

Funny thing, she kept coming back to me and asking me to be her friend after that. I finally stopped answering her because it was like clubbing a baby seal without the aerobic benefits.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [ltcaesar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • I am the most disciplined, successful slacker I know
  • I have so much disrespect for fat people
  • My eyes well up at the most marginally sentimental stuff
  • My underutilized tri bike is overly expensive and I would rather look at it than ride it
  • I regularly ride a 1993 Trek 2300 that is fluorescent green
  • There is an epidemic of nose picking occurring in cars in Colorado for which I participate
  • If it wasn’t for progressive taxes I would be a Democrat
  • I think tattooed chicks are hot
  • My wife and kids are slobs around the house
  • I vacuum the dog hair off my carpet every morning
  • I get a woody over having a clean garage floor
  • I fear I am OC
  • When I was young I lived at the dead end of a one-way street. I never left the house.

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I opened this thread for the first time in about 2 years just to see what secrets Al P Duez would share.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [snackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK after all these years, I'm jumping into this thread...

While training for IM a few years ago, I was in pretty good shape, enough to be recommended by a friend to do a photo shoot with a photographer. Well, the photographer sent my photos into a magazine (I knew this was a possibility) and one was published...

in Playgirl.

Embarrassingly, I bought the mag. but never opened to look. It's still in it's sealed plastic bag. Hey, I got $200!

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa!!! I don't think I could ever look at myself like that either. You know, the girls are going to ask what issue your pic is in.....
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, the girls are going to ask what issue your pic is in.....

I'm not sure who buys those magazines, but I think its more for the M2M section of craigslist. We are not as visually stimulated as you guys are. Don't get me wrong, a hot guy is great to look at, but you know, naked you are kind of silly looking.

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Last edited by: Katy: Apr 22, 08 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
but you know, naked you are kind of silly looking.
Oh the places this could go....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, you're probably right. A dude can look good from the waist up, but from the waist down we usually look like clowns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is fun...

when I run out of underwear I where running shorts

I dont have a computer on my bike right now so i use my GPS

I drink to much in college, stay up till 4 am on saturdays and wake up at 9 to do what I plan to be an easy 12 miler but it ends up being under 6 minute pace

I get drunk after my race at away track meets ( the frats like guys in short shorts)

Sex counts as an ab workout because Im to lazy to do an ab workout

after dumping my girlfriend, I became promiscuous, but it's college so I got to get it outaa my system

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
but from the waist down we usually look like clowns.

Oh, so you did see my picture...

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as it doesn't involve photos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot one:
  • I always wanted to be a male stripper with girls sticking dollar bills in my gstring,

However posing for a still shot naked would be a bit awkward. What do you do? Give that far off pensive look with your fist under your chin? It's like a cheesy glamour shot but naked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
but from the waist down we usually look like clowns.

Oh, so you did see my picture...
Please don't tell me you put one of those clown noses on it...

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Nice calves :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pssst...that's not a clown nose...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hrm, it's not really a dirty secret, but when I was doing EMT training I ran on a guy that fractured his...unit...by sticking it into an UPRIGHT vacuum cleaner while aroused. (Nice 2nd degree burns as well, yes the vacuum was running.)

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply

Prev Next