Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dirty Secrets
Quote | Reply
--I don't know how to fix a flat.

--I ride in cotton t-shirts.

--I use beer and wine as recovery drinks.

--Once in a while I wear underwear with my cycling shorts, just to see what it's like.

--I skip workouts for Mexican food and margaritas. (A lot.)

I am so bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [snackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 and 4 are unforgivable. you are to leave and never come back or you will be burnt!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

--Once in a while I wear underwear with my cycling shorts, just to see what it's like.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh god why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/reply]NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh god why?!?!?!?!?!?!?![/reply]

Just to see what it's like. It's really not the disaster people make it out to be.

I guess no one else does very bad things. Shoot. I can't hang out with all these perfect triathletes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on be honest, there is more to confess isn’t there?

Quote | Reply
I agree with Francois, 2 and 4 are unforgivable... no wonder you can't get dates with triathletes... ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear Tshirts -on a regular basis
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [bughead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah...and you know what we say about riding with a T-shirt ! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [bughead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not around me you don't bughead!!! :-)

-

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

i don't wear cotton in races. just around. just b/c something costs $70 it doesn't mean it's better. oh wait, this is triathlon, never mind, what am i thinking.

oooh, i also have a cheap helmet!
Last edited by: snackattack: May 16, 05 12:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
--Once in a while I wear underwear with my cycling shorts, just to see what it's like.[/reply]

Well, it might have saved you some . . . discomfort on one of your rides, right? Maybe it's a safety measure. ;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yeah...and you know what we say about riding with a T-shirt ! ;-)
No, what do you say?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-i wear underwear with my tri shorts

-for all of my rides i wear tri shorts, even the long distance training rides

-now i am an average to a slighty above average athlete only

-i need to loose 10 pounds, but drink too much wine and Tattinger to do so

-my weekly volume is just an inth in comparison to most of you (anywhere from 5-9 hours a week)

-the heart rate monitor i have is somewhere in my gym back...only worn twice

-all winter long i was on my trainer less than 3 hours total

-on fridays, usually i have happy hour by 4pm

-oh, and I can't fix a flat either, but carry around the stuff in case I need to wing it (this is my number one fear...getting a f-l-a-t)

kittycat
Last edited by: kittycat: May 13, 05 7:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So does this mean a nice amber ale is not a recovery drink?!?! All these years of training wasted!!! (sighhhh)

As for t-shirts, in my book that makes you a cool anti-poser. Don't sweat it. Really, don't sweat it because you know what happens to a female in a wet t-shirt...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snackattack,

You won't find ANYONE as cheap as me. Just ask around. I'm a honorary member of TSR. So I'm with you on that, people do get caught in spending WAY too much money in this sport.

But #2 and #4 are unexcusable. Send me your address and the portuguese chapter of TSR will send you an official www.tri-oeiras.com bike jersey :-) As for #4... uh... you don't need to send me anything ;-)

Paulo

-

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Yossarian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can't play...you were not at AZ Camp in march...Bughead was and we teased her about the t-shirt thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll agree that 2 and 4 are just plain weird, but problem number 1 can really be a problem. What do you do if you flat and can't fix it? I was stranded once because I foolishly didn't bring a spare and learned that it sucks being 20 miles out of the closest town on a gimpy bike.

A lot of maragaritas are never a problem. Without exception every time I have had a lot of margaritas my problems all go away.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/reply]

I carry around the stuff and a cell phone. If i got a flat, I might be able to wing it or wait for a kind hearted cyclist to come by and help. I would just call someone though. Hopefully I wouldn't get dragged into the woods and killed while waiting.

What the hell is so weird about cotton? it feels better on my skin. I do have jerseys. I have two Terry jerseys. I wear them, but I like the feel of cotton and it absorbs the sweat and clings to my hot bod. I knew you all would freak. Man.

Smartass Paulo, a Portuguese jersey seria muito bom! Muita obrigada! Desculpe meu portugues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ESTUPIDA! didn't you read that Paulo is CHEAP!?? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You go ladies!

--I occasionally bike in halter tops to even out tan lines.

--I once ran a marathon in a cotton sundress, to see what it's like.

--I need to lose 10 pounds, but I've been known to eat nothing but cookies for dinner.

--I can fix a flat, but my spare tubes are strapped to my bike with electrical tape. So is my frame pump. And my left cycling shoe is patched with duct tape.

--I match my race-day nail polish to my bike and/or my outfit.

--I've never done an ocean swim, and if I have anything to say about it I never will.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [BPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking of sweets, i eat a chocolate sundae with 3 or 4 scoops of ice cream at least 2 times a week.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [BPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are a lady, those aren't dirty little secrets, those are popularity points.

If you happen to be a sick guy somewhere, I banish you to the lavendar room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big believer in sticking with whatever works, so if cotton turns you on then more power to ya. But don't you find that sweating in cotton is on of the most miserable experiences to go through? And if it is a warm day and you get your cotton shirt soaked from sweat and then is is wet and clammy against your skin in the wind all day long and you are constanly shivering from being cold and wet or you are simmering from being hot and wet......ewww! And if the cotton shirt is too big I hate the way it flaps in the wind. And if it is too tight it feels even worse.

The underwear thing just makes no sense because why wear 'em if you don't need 'em? I don't know if you are a girl or guy, so I guess that makes some difference. With all of the rubbing, crushing, wedging and *ahem* adjusting that I go through each ride I can't imagine throwing more material down there to contend with. And see above about the wicking thing...that's critically important to the 'boys downstairs. I just remembered a line from the Robin Williams movie "Good Morning Vietnam" : "I'm hot and wet. That's fine if I'm with a woman, but it ain't no good in a goddamn jungle!" Same rule applies to my drawers.

If I had a flat and a cell phone I honestly can't think of a single person I could call to come bail me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It would really be funny to see what its like, if you wore them on the outside of your cycling shorts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

It might prove beneficial if one is riding in cold weather and one's cyling shorts split without one knowing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next