Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, some idiot decided I should expand my tax practice now that the kids are older. The same idiot forgot that she also likes to be athletic. Bad combination. Digging myself out of a deep fitness hole after our April 30th tax deadline.

Still working on getting Tetsuoni to make a 1 loop trail run division for Cdn Womens CPAs named Cathy.

I would be SOOOO there for that, with framboise-y beers for you and the rest of the motley crew!

It's worth the price of admission to have random guys coming up to me in the parking lot, saying, Are you CeeCee? Can I have one of your Canadian beers?

We can usually smuggle over about 10 cans ;-)

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
CeeCee! Bringing the goods.

So - are you going to be putting the Canadian Womens into the CWD this year??

It's been far too long since I've had a piss-warm Appletini. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [sevenride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just give in....listen to that voice calling for you to come suffer with the rest of us
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it's the weekly nightmares of Mohonk Mountainmen jumping out from behind trees and me peeing all over myself or the memories of that dastardly third lap that keeps drawing me back to the Spring Farm Trailhead ...sort of like ML to the beer tap.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
Sadly, some idiot decided I should expand my tax practice now that the kids are older. The same idiot forgot that she also likes to be athletic. Bad combination. Digging myself out of a deep fitness hole after our April 30th tax deadline.

Still working on getting Tetsuoni to make a 1 loop trail run division for Cdn Womens CPAs named Cathy.

I would be SOOOO there for that, with framboise-y beers for you and the rest of the motley crew!

It's worth the price of admission to have random guys coming up to me in the parking lot, saying, Are you CeeCee? Can I have one of your Canadian beers?

We can usually smuggle over about 10 cans ;-)

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
CeeCee! Bringing the goods.

So - are you going to be putting the Canadian Womens into the CWD this year??

It's been far too long since I've had a piss-warm Appletini. ;-)

That idiot is a moron.

If you can't be an athlete - be an athletic supporter.

Not even gonna ask where you hide the cans.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sevenride wrote:
I'm not sure if it's the weekly nightmares of Mohonk Mountainmen jumping out from behind trees and me peeing all over myself or the memories of that dastardly third lap that keeps drawing me back to the Spring Farm Trailhead ...sort of like ML to the beer tap.

A place where the beer flows like wine.
Where homely duathletes instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.
A little place called AmZof.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sevenride wrote:

1st lap: This kinda suck but I am ok, this is fun!
2nd lap: Feeling great, I am soooo going to kill this race!
3rd lap: WTF I was thinking... I am going to die :(

LOL

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ML - Sorry to hear you'll be hiking it with one of my local buds that I'm bringing out for his first attempt at LC. He's been nursing a calf muscle tear and hasn't run in about 6 weeks. Guess the beer handups for you blokes will be that much easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh Yeah! It's on.

Thanks. C'mon down, I'll save you that spot on the rack again! And drink your beer!!

CeeCee wrote:
Here you go:

[/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

That idiot is a moron.

If you can't be an athlete - be an athletic supporter.

Not even gonna ask where you hide the cans.

Yeah... so I went out for a 4km training jog last night in flat old cornfield land here in SW Ontario. Not looking like I could even manage a 1 loop 8km trail run.

I still think you guys should bring a crew to Barrelman in the fall. Make it happen and I will buy the beer!

Sept. 18th...... http://niagarafallstriathlon.com/

Alternatively, Montreal the week before that. Race on the Formula 1 course! It's a qualifier for Du Worlds 2017, so there will be great competition.

Sept. 10th .... www.esprittriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I'm gonna live. But I'll never play the piano again. ;-)

Got out for a road ride tonite, went pretty well.
Had to wear my old (roomier) road shoes, and keep the one latched loosely in the toe area, but I can still pedal a bike.

At some point, I'll hafta try some running.
That'll probably come in handy next weekend, right?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't run now, haven't biked since Sun.

Well, now your bike and run training is like your swim training...never slowed you down before.

Bummer, I probably would have broken the rest of my toes a few seconds later by connecting with the cat...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I showed this picture to a friend today and there reaction was OMG !!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
Can't run now, haven't biked since Sun.

Well, now your bike and run training is like your swim training...never slowed you down before.

Bummer, I probably would have broken the rest of my toes a few seconds later by connecting with the cat...

LOL. Thx, I needed that.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've slipped to pg 2 so I'll ask, what are "Mohonk Mountainmen"?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my second rain soaked run of the week done, so I guess I can consider myself prepared for that, just in case.

Final ride around the raindrops tomorrow, Mother's Day induced taper then replenish the supply of Captian's Daughter (getting nervous it may be one of those lean beer years) and we're off.

Let's do this!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mohonk Mountainmen noun (proper): gnomes that hang out above Spring Farm between 6pm-6am that magically switch the caution tape on the run course redirecting the fast doods that KNOW THE COURSE, but miss the turn and run an extra two miles on the opening run anyhow.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
Got my second rain soaked run of the week done, so I guess I can consider myself prepared for that, just in case.

Final ride around the raindrops tomorrow, Mother's Day induced taper then replenish the supply of Captian's Daughter (getting nervous it may be one of those lean beer years) and we're off.

Let's do this!

Yes, I ran in the downpour this morning on the muddy trails at Bethpage ST Park just to pay my dues. I think the long range forecasters are trying to set us up, forecasting rain or showers every day next week then beautiful and sunny for Sunday then rain again again Monday. I'm not falling for it and unlike three years ago when I had two rain jackets with me and was wearing one before the start, I will wear one on the bike if necessary.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just plan for rain. That way you won't be disappointed.

It's likely gonna be swampy for the runs, regardless.

Builds character.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, I remember that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just seems more appropriately AmZofian if it's raining, cold and sloppy. If it ain't, you really haven't experienced AmZof.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Just plan for rain. That way you won't be disappointed."

"It just seems more appropriately AmZofian if it's raining, cold and sloppy. If it ain't, you really haven't experienced AmZof."

And this is why I'm not riding/running outside in the rain. I want to save myself for AmZof so I can really savor the experience, should it be raining, cold, and sloppy next weekend.

Last edited by: Tsunami: May 6, 16 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
We've slipped to pg 2 so I'll ask, what are "Mohonk Mountainmen"?

A creature of sorts, which vaguely resemble man, that freely roams about the Mohank preserve dressed in a kilt with bag pipes slung to its back and a growler of Keegan's Ale in its arm. I've spotted this wretched creature only once on my third and final run loop in 2012. It was there, in the middle of the final meadow as I emerged from the woods half broken, smirking at me, then it was gone. Haven't had a good night's sleep since.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [elvisruns2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registration is still open on active.com

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you have been slacking off on your marketing

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much like our inspiration Powerman Zofingen in Switzerland, the worst the weather, the more epic the race

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next