Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread
Quote | Reply
Ok doods and doodettes, we're less than 30 days out from the best duathlon in America - American Zofingen and there hasn't been near enough smack going around.
Proud to say I'll be bringing my 'A' game for the 'C' race (that being Canadian Women's) for the first time. That'll leave me plenty of time to get beer and heckle people like Murphy's Law for a change.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [elvisruns2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did not register is still better than winning CWD...

js

/pink

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Last edited by: LuisDF: Apr 21, 16 11:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 bike rides since mid October, both in early December...so 2 in the last 6 months. All bikes sitting on wheels without air at this point. Will try to get my first ride of 2016 in this weekend. It is going to be messy...even in the CWD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting this on my birthday; 66 years old and still kicking ass!

Here in Shandaken at the north end of Ulster County the hills are bigger but the roads are not as steep as AZ. Do to a trip to South Beach Tri and then hand surgery, I finally got out for only my second mountain ride today and I bonked like I have never before bonked. Riding downhill from Hunter to Phoenicia I had nothing. All I kept telling myself was "at least you don't have to run 5 miles after this. I was tired yesterday for my hill run but got it done. I guess that's why I paid for it today. Swim only tomorrow. Same bike loop, Phoenicia, Shandaken, Lexington, Hunter, Phoenicia, on Friday. It will have to be better, it can't get any worse.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Apr 21, 16 12:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heading up there for 2 loops on Saturday. I'll be in great shape for CWD myself (geezer division anyway)

I need to get in better drinking shape so I'm hitting the Otter hard after the ride!

AmZof. Again. Woot!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stillrollin, which Greezer division are you?

CDW needs more old guys!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there to Sherpa for a friend, heckle the guys she chicks, and generally congratulate myself that I still have enough sanity left to not compete in this bad boy. I'll probably train on the course the day before the race to stop me from bitching a few weeks later about the difficulty of the Quassy course.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50-54. You're safe ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll try to save some beer for ya!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So who is in for Long Course? This will be my third, hoping the adage is true about the third time.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I punked out after it took me 3 weeks to recover from last years Chris Gleason middle distance. What a great race. Really wish I was racing but that bike course (and run leg) is evil.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you're down for some triyoda-inspired Irish Car Bombs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my second time at long course. I'm in the geezer division 50-54. Totally looking forward to the torture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is not official until King Murphy's Law decides to grace you with his presence.
Sadly I will miss AZ this year, but I will be at nationals in Bend. I will buy any AZ finishers a beer at the best place in Bend if you make it out to OR.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LC for me. Missed last year from a stress fracture in femur. Bike volume is down, run volume is eh, cognitive ability is dull...everything seems to say GO TIME!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my 1st LC, but unlike Jelana suggests, I doubt I'll be chicking anyone here.

Did a two loop bike / 1 loop run scout last Saturday and concluded I'm in for a world of hurt come race day.

Has anyone ever crawled for a trail run before, or will I be the first?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Apr 22, 16 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely not the first! I remember repeating-run when you can, walk when you can't- over and over in my head once the 2nd run leg began.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Bike volume is down, run volume is eh, cognitive ability is dull...everything seems to say GO TIME!!!

The only thing more epic than lack of fitness or motivation would be pulling a Hafferty and racing up to LC after signing up for short or GCG.

Tsunami - I think I've crawled the second run during 8 of my 9 LC races. That's about all you can do when the body starts revolting. Which usually starts about 3 hours in.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well ok then, it's settled. I will add knee pads to my gear list!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I don't know how you guys do LC.
Though one veteran told me he actually thought Middle Distance was tougher mentally.

Either way, my hats off to you guys. Ya crazy bastards.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steelerguy wrote:
2 bike rides since mid October, both in early December...so 2 in the last 6 months. All bikes sitting on wheels without air at this point. Will try to get my first ride of 2016 in this weekend. It is going to be messy...even in the CWD.

I am the exact opposite. Lots of quality time on the bike thanks to trainerroad but due to a real grumpy achilles almost no running.

Oh well, this race has reduced me to the "AmZof Powerwalk" more than once why should this year be any different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. short course. I don't know who in their right mind signs up for LC.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After taking 2 attempts (not counting my 2013 DNS) to complete the CWD I fully admit the decision to hit LC this year reflects a fair degree of masochism.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 Official Thread [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
''The only thing more epic than lack of fitness or motivation would be pulling a Hafferty and racing up to LC after signing up for short or GC.[/quote]
Last year there was a guy who signed up for CWD and then at registration stepped it up to Long Course. I don't know his name or how he did but he got a big round of applause at registration!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't remember it very well given my state of fatigue last year but I am pretty sure I crawled, walked, jogged and maybe even ran a little looking like the tin man from wizard of oz. Whatever it takes to get up the hills and to the finish.
Quote Reply

Prev Next