Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James, not being snarky, just can't remember... have you ever done an Ironman? I know your 70.3 palmares.

Your position of course looks great for 180km

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Straw does not match, just saying.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, finished 1 (2009) and DNF'd 3. (2010, 2013, 2015). Unfortunately I am mentally weak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've made this thread.

Now we need a thread on how to develop proper head position. A priory for me, and others as well.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm sure if you put it all together you'd be smoking fast.

jkhayc wrote:
yes, finished 1 (2009) and DNF'd 3. (2010, 2013, 2015). Unfortunately I am mentally weak.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok mine too then.

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-1 saddle going up ass (you old school cyclists are crazy with your saddle choices)
-1 for rear skewer lack of aeroness
-3 for white kit
-1 for "roadie-ish" aero position (super compact, tight hip angle, relatively slacker, lack of hip roll)
+ 4 for still punching a really small hole in the air
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does everyone agree that the old P3 is still one of the best bikes out there?
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone agrees. EOD
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's very, very fast. Only downside is lack of compatibility with certain integrated nutrition, wires, and wider wheels/tires. I don't have a side shot of this, but the watts/cda was pretty good.

https://www.strava.com/activities/984866945

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EOD?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
+ 4 for still punching a really small hole in the air

Thats' because F is really short....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm next!

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [P McCatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I call b******* on any score he gets right away. We all had to be judged from a 90 degree angle. He's cheating.LOL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Comparing my cockpit with yours and have to ask........Stem spacers are bad, but pad spacers are allowed? Serious question as I’d move my spacers from stem to pads to improve my score.

Regarding the P3, hoping to see someone address cockpit integration with the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate (and prototype nosecone BTA bottle).

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Oct 24, 17 12:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
EOD?

End Of Discussion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
đź‘Ť. Sorry I'm used to that acronym meaning something else
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah. Got it. You are part of a bomb squad? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Pad spacers are more aero than steerer tube spacers.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No sorry I did not mean to imply that. I'm just a UPS driver we use that acronym for other things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, pad spacers >>>>>> steerer tube spacers. more aesthetically pleasing as well. i believe i have read/heard that you either want your armpads basically directly on the basebar OR at least 15mm pedestaled for optimum aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
ok mine too then.

Who let the duathlete in? (And a sprint distance pic too...for shame, sir!)
Last edited by: gregn: Oct 24, 17 15:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok... why not?

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. True. But then duathlons are harder so there is that.
My position is the same regardless of distance anyway. It’s changed a bit since that race. Longer extensions. Rotated slightly up and different helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [P McCatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no points possible, must have at least an oblique side angle pic. although i can tell right now -1 for having some sort of sail on your back. also, further research has revealed that the pic you posted is not from a long course triathlon.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Oct 24, 17 14:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next