Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran off this after 75 miles rides on a few occasions, only raced it i n OD and 40ks. It was mid 29mph on 350 watts.

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to... 4h31 in 177.5 km in Vitoria (Spain) with 230w for 78 kg
Last edited by: luarca: Oct 21, 17 4:10
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [luarca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of people are wearing the aero head. Hmm.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me. .22 in the A2 wind tunnel at 6'2", 180

Fishbum wrote:
Which one of us has the best bike position for either 70.3 or 140.6. narrowing it down to those two should help eliminate the TT guys.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
Gonna try to get my ass to a velodrome before next season, I did some changes (less drop, narrower, tilted bars) that seamed to make me faster at home but slower race times this year has disappointed me.

8.5/10

-.5 for helmet ugliness
-2 for ponytail
+1 for speedo + short sleeve aero top
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
I ran off this after 75 miles rides on a few occasions, only raced it i n OD and 40ks. It was mid 29mph on 350 watts.

3/10

-6 for no side profile shot
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [luarca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luarca wrote:
Trying to... 4h31 in 177.5 km in Vitoria (Spain) with 230w for 78 kg

8/10

- 1 for having a white disc cover
- 1 for head position
-1 for having a dimond
+1 for filtering it to black and white for more dramatic effect
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
me. .22 in the A2 wind tunnel at 6'2", 180

Fishbum wrote:
Which one of us has the best bike position for either 70.3 or 140.6. narrowing it down to those two should help eliminate the TT guys.

0/10

-10 for, in spite of only posting/having pictures of yourself in the wind tunnel, not having a side profile shot
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooh! I want a score!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Oct 21, 17 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
mortysct wrote:
Gonna try to get my ass to a velodrome before next season, I did some changes (less drop, narrower, tilted bars) that seamed to make me faster at home but slower race times this year has disappointed me.

8.5/10

-.5 for helmet ugliness
-2 for ponytail

Hmmm, I give him a +2 for not being so self conscious that he wears that helmet. Those POCs look like someone stuck a Manta Ray on your head, nevermind wearing the banana hammock. This guy is pretty much giving the fashion police the finger.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
ahhchon wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
I am going to 165 and re look at seat position this winter when I get on a new bike. Always trying to get better and find room for improvement.

what could you possibly be buying that is a significant upgrade from your current setup. just because you're a dentist, doesn't mean you have to feed the stereotype... lol

As Steve said I am interested to try 165 cranks, which is debatable if it will help or not, but I want to try at least. My rear bottle placement is not ideal, but with that saddle i am locked into that current bottle placement. Will try a Dash saddle in 2018. Frame still looking at the Felt option, have had some people tell me that its a longer top tube but I have not looked that far into it yet not even really sure if a longer top tube I would need just considering all options.

I think I also benefit from being able to fit into a small helmet when a lot of guys are stuck with a bigger brain and having to go with a med or large.

you fit into a small aerohead? i'm like 8 inches shorter than you and i have to wear a medium.. i hate having long hair for races!

idk compared to the trek, but the felt ia has a longer top tube than my parlee. going to 165 will allow you to raise your saddle 2.5cm, which in turn will lengthen your top tube.

dash saddle is awesome. i'm guessing you'll get the one with the built in bottle holder, cus you're a dentist ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a cover, but a Hed Jet Disc Black
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8/10

-1 for your socks
-1 for not quite enough reach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
My money is on Rob Gray. That guy holds just as aero a position as all these photoshop queens on this thread and does it for an entire Ultraman bike leg for 2 days (OK OK, you guys did some of these positions in real life but not UM). Sorry guys, but once you can hold Rob's position for that, long you're in the running to dethrone him.

End of thread.

Sorry Dev, not sure where you're getting that rob gray is aero.

that bike position blows.

but I heard that getting your head low makes you more aero - my head is almost as low as my seat in that pic - it has to be fast

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, you're right.... I should definitely have worn my argyle socks with humping bunnies. Thanks for the tip!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I feel left out. What's my score? See pic above.
Last edited by: ffmedic84: Oct 22, 17 11:11
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

A little late to the party. Not the best or fastest but its comfortable.

6/10

-1 for head position
-1 for using water bottles at all
- 1 for steepness of aero position
- 2 for humblebrag kona pic
+ 1 for p5
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no expert.
-3 for helmet/ head position
+1 for a cool bike
+1 for getting criticized by the person who started the thread but hasn't put any pictures of himself up.

9/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha only Finisher Pics I've bought in the last few years.

What do you mean by steepness of aero position?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok. Fire away.

Last edited by: Fishbum: Oct 22, 17 12:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what extensions are you using?

Because of my back issues I am needing to raise my position and go narrower. I just have to sort out extensions and I believe you are running the ZIPP 110's??
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. Zipp Evo 110 plus a 13 degree pitch.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell Yea I would get the dash saddle with the water bottle holder, its the most expensive right????? Only buy the most expensive it must be the best?

Yes i fit into a small helmet = small brain = takes me a long time to process information.

This is my offseason project when once I decided when the offseason starts.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
mortysct wrote:

8.5/10

-.5 for helmet ugliness
-2 for ponytail

Hmmm, I give him a +2 for not being so self conscious that he wears that helmet. Those POCs look like someone stuck a Manta Ray on your head, nevermind wearing the banana hammock. This guy is pretty much giving the fashion police the finger.

Except for the helmet and bike I could have sworn this was Faris!

Certainly wins the Retro Category so far.. but that cheeps-cake should buy that pic.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I might buy the pic if they have some decent sale soon. 60-70€ for a set of pics where like 4-5 is even useable is too much. They took 80% of the bike pics in the sharp turns, so you sit up and do a weird tongue-thingie in every darn pic.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply

Prev Next