Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Grill wrote:
Me. :P

I thought the thread title was "best long course bike position"?

I do 100 mile and 12hr TTs on it, so if I fancied a swim and a run I don't see why I'd change it...
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking down most of the race (which puts my head more out of the wind), just so happened to be looking up the road when the photog snapped the picture. My neck would be sore too if I held it like in the picture for the whole race!

We're pretty lucky down here in Texas to have Scott Flathouse taking pics at most of the big races, which he then posts on instagram.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote BBLOEHR. Interesting enough, he is on 172.5mm cranks. I think I have him convinced to switch to 165mm which would get him even more drop once he raises the saddle.

Photo courtesy of Scott Flathouse

Then there is me:

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Aug 9, 17 14:12
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
" Only 8 inches of drop seat to pads."
--------------------------
Do you mean cm . . . 8 inches is quite a big drop.
D'oh. Yes of course cm. I live in one of the two countries left not using the metric system.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That position would be pretty impressive for a 10 mile TT. Kudos if he can hold that for 2-4 hours and then stand up straight, let alone run a marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
That position would be pretty impressive for a 10 mile TT. Kudos if he can hold that for 2-4 hours and then stand up straight, let alone run a marathon.

He's faired pretty well with some of the fastest amateur bike splits at a bunch of 70.3's and has backed it up with a 1:20-1:22 half marathon.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by this thread it's a good thing I just ordered an Aerohead...
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
wsrobert wrote:
Grill wrote:

I do 100 mile and 12hr TTs on it, so if I fancied a swim and a run I don't see why I'd change it...

Do you mind sharing your CdA? I have seen pictures of your position and the eyeball windtunnel says maybe sub-0.19, but then again the eyeball isn't always right.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I vote BBLOEHR. Interesting enough, he is on 172.5mm cranks. I think I have him convinced to switch to 165mm which would get him even more drop once he raises the saddle.

Why would you want to encourage more drop? It's unlikely to make him more aero (in fact it will probably have the opposite effect when he raises his saddles height) and is far more likely to have power production issues.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Grill wrote:
wsrobert wrote:
Grill wrote:

Do you mind sharing your CdA? I have seen pictures of your position and the eyeball windtunnel says maybe sub-0.19, but then again the eyeball isn't always right.

Can't share, but you're close with last year's position on the Plasma 3. This year is much lower than that.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
stevej wrote:

Why would you want to encourage more drop? It's unlikely to make him more aero (in fact it will probably have the opposite effect when he raises his saddles height) and is far more likely to have power production issues.

I'm actually not. Just saying he could get more drop if he so chooses. But I do think he should be on shorter cranks, mainly to help his running and also open up his hip angle. I would just raise the pads 7.5 mm once going to 165mm.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
stevej wrote:

His position looks very nice. Judging by his stem length it looks like he's on a much larger bike than the rest of us which allows him to get nice and long. Or am I way off base on that
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine, as set up by Dan

I can ride it all day long.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like the best way to get some good advice out of this thread would be to claim that I think I have the best form of all and then let all of you rip apart my position until I feel like a windsock... but I can't bring myself to even claim it.

I'm happy I found a position that I can hold comfortably for 112 miles without coming out of aero, but compared to some of these shots I see that I definitely still have some work to do.. but please if you still feel like criticizing feel free. I'm always looking to improve on my YouTube/trial & error built position.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8/10.

-1 for head position
-1 for chip placement
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8/10

-1 for head position
-1 for extension choice

also, your bike is too small
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9/10

your helmet choice actually works pretty well with your head/back position, eyeball wise.

-1 for being in the little ring, ever.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9/10 for kiley

-1 for not having a disc. what a proletariat.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm.

6/10

-1 for elbow width
-1 for head position
-1 for stack height
-1 for only having lame watermarked finisherpix of you on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We should need to post a link to our ironman results and files, and not just the bike split...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My money is on Rob Gray. That guy holds just as aero a position as all these photoshop queens on this thread and does it for an entire Ultraman bike leg for 2 days (OK OK, you guys did some of these positions in real life but not UM). Sorry guys, but once you can hold Rob's position for that, long you're in the running to dethrone him.

End of thread.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-3 for caring about anything other than the bike split

Quote:
We should need to post a link to our ironman results and files, and not just the bike split...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, he is not as aero as I am. He would have to shave off 1/3 of his body to get close.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
My money is on Rob Gray. That guy holds just as aero a position as all these photoshop queens on this thread and does it for an entire Ultraman bike leg for 2 days (OK OK, you guys did some of these positions in real life but not UM). Sorry guys, but once you can hold Rob's position for that, long you're in the running to dethrone him.

End of thread.

Sorry Dev, not sure where you're getting that rob gray is aero.

that bike position blows.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

End of thread.

Paul where is your pic
Quote Reply

Prev Next