Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Jeff Vader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Only way Lance can see himself in JC is if he wears a bra on his head like that 80s movie.
ROTFLMAO.... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Cliff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so, ummm... how do you two feel about powercranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Turned off by the PED reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have very strong feelings about power cranks. First, I've seen some studies that say they ultimately slow you down if you use them. Second, I think they could only be sold to triathletes because you guys are always looking for a gear advantage. I don't know a single bike racer that uses them (although I have heard of rumors of a guy using them in the local training crit). The bottom line is that there are no magic bullets. Train hard, ride lots. You get faster. Stare at your zipps all day without riding, and you won't get faster. Ride hard man and be free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Cliff. Do you remember these kids from EC39785A? They've really grown up fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxd1cAgyOg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff... did you see my post about the Lemon Eucalyptus? I think it's a must for your workout space. I described it a couple of pages back before you came online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This is sort of like when a former poster used to argue with himself - as two screen names.

Shit, I need to go to the other computer to respond...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey Cliff. Do you remember these kids from EC39785A? They've really grown up fast.

http://www.youtube.com/...=YHxd1cAgyOg

How the heck did you stumble on them? I'm looking at it again and I'm not as sure as you about the ID match. Unless you got it out of the file.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jeff... did you see my post about the Lemon Eucalyptus? I think it's a must for your workout space. I described it a couple of pages back before you came online.
I appreciate the suggestion but will have to pass. I don't like cough drops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

http://www.youtube.com/...=YHxd1cAgyOg

How the heck did you stumble on them? I'm looking at it again and I'm not as sure as you about the ID match. Unless you got it out of the file.
Yeah its confirmed. They guys from the umbrella division sent it over. They thought I'd get a kick out of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I appreciate the suggestion but will have to pass. I don't like cough drops.
Go back and find the post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Another suggestion regarding your workout space is to have a Eucalyptus Lemon tree indoors. I have had one for four years now and it has made a big difference to the internal aroma and asthetic ambience. The small tree grows to about 40 feet outside (but typically about 15 feet in cooler temperatures found in most of the US. It can be grown as an indoor pet however... it just needs plenty of light and pruning. The citrus eucalyptus scent is excellent when exerting yourself as it counters the natural tendency of your nasal and sinusoidal mucosa to produce excessive mucous and inhibit respiration. The leaves, unlike most eucalypts, are sword shaped, which looks very pleasing to the eye. I wouldn't have it placed too close to the Tuberous Sword fern however (if you go for that fern choice) as the leaf patterns are similar.

Be careful when you massage a Eucalypt though. The one I have is prone to the leaves falling off and this is quite upsetting when the purpose of the massage is to benefit/soothe the plant. If you get this tree, or any Eucalypt for that matter, and you are performing regular massages on all your plants, stick to the trunk, branches and capillary limbs.
I always massage the whole plant. Is that wrong?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I always massage the whole plant. Is that wrong?
There isn't any book on this that I'm aware of. I have just found that Lemon Eucalypt leaves can fall off if you aren't careful. So I only massage the leaves if I have the time and patience to be delicate.

Nice to know that you have already started massaging. You probably won't see any effects until a few more days. No more than once a day though... Having said that, I haven't tried it more often myself from memory.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
(And as an aside, extremely large amounts of water can kill you, too. The condition is called Water Intoxication.)
I beleive the real term is (and cause of death would be) Hypnatremia. Stop letting facts get into the way of our fun and paranoia!

I didn't remember how to spell it, so I cited Wikipedia's article (which doesn't contain the medical term, either).

Sorry for interfering with your paranoia. ;-)

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So are you guys serious or just really need attention??
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Meebo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with Death by Tray... but not Vader on this point. I was hoping I could help with the ferns issue but there seems to be a lot of thread hijackers.

Jeff - please keep us informed of your plant choices and layout plans. You never mentioned how much natural light the room has either... that could be critical to selection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just be aware that ferns are bisexual. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

"Each spore germinates and grows into a heart-shaped gametohyte (prothallus) which is smaller than your little finger nail. This haploid gametophyte bears male and female sex organs (antheridia and archegonia). With respect to populations of gametophytes, ferns are typically monoecious with both male and female sex organs on the same gametophytes. Unlike the unisexual gametophytes of a moss, a fern gametophyte is bisexual. Like mosses, ferns have a primitive method of fertilization that involves a multiciliate sperm that swims through water to reach the egg. The gametophytes and sporophytes of ferns are photosynthetic and autotrophic."

Finally, watch out for falling spores - there are millions of them. ;-)

One cannot enlighten the unconscious.
Stuff that rocks: <fawning links here>
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [JHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just be aware that ferns are bisexual. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

"Each spore germinates and grows into a heart-shaped gametohyte (prothallus) which is smaller than your little finger nail. This haploid gametophyte bears male and female sex organs (antheridia and archegonia). With respect to populations of gametophytes, ferns are typically monoecious with both male and female sex organs on the same gametophytes. Unlike the unisexual gametophytes of a moss, a fern gametophyte is bisexual. Like mosses, ferns have a primitive method of fertilization that involves a multiciliate sperm that swims through water to reach the egg. The gametophytes and sporophytes of ferns are photosynthetic and autotrophic."

Finally, watch out for falling spores - there are millions of them. ;-)
Thanks jHo

I like ferns even more as a recommendation.
Last edited by: Cliff: Jul 17, 08 20:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about a career change to mixed martial arts. Do they have professional masters categories?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read the OP, then the first comment and almost spit into my computer... usually "htfu" is overused and annoying.. but that execution was great. GJ.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [jseifarth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I read the OP, then the first comment and almost spit into my computer... usually "htfu" is overused and annoying.. but that execution was great. GJ.
Thanks. That's cool. By the way, what does "htuf" mean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea what "htuf" means bud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that a new form of meth?
Quote Reply

Prev Next