Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Jeff Vader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have it...I got it! What you need to grow is moss and algae! This is perfect because you can use it as a floor covering. Also, on top of producing Oxygen, it will also produce Hydrogen - that you can collect and power your car with! And SO classy....just refer to it as "Land Coral"....

So, you cover the floor with algae and in that algae you plant a few philodendrons. They algae will be sure to keep the roots moist.

I would also remove the external vent drain from your sump pump and instead have the ground water go to a sprinkler system that is suspended from your ceiling much like the water sprayers in a grocery store.

I mean, this gets you super star Al Gore points!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Bro Dull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the links have been wiped. There's a group that posts information to the web, based somewhere near LaCrosse, but rumors say they've been silenced. And how about histoplasmosis? Spread by "bird droppings"... It's only been a major factor in the Ohio and Missouri River valleys since the government rolled out UAV's. I think they're working to expand the WI fungus with remote control drones. I hope I haven't said too much, but the word must be spread.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chip, for Rockford Illinois you are truly the metro-sexual male I have ever met (online). Most chicks should magnate to, nonetheless the Neiman Marcus designer 7 jeannes and pink bike. LOL. You friggen rock it out Chip. Mister as opposed to humidifier? Come on dude, WTF? HTFU and get to LP and lets see you at WhiteFace Climbs Friday 6am on the Pinky Pink Princess bike with the pink bento box. Even injured, a warrior your like you should be able to pull out a sub 1:00 WF climb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must say, after a brief hiatus from slowtwitch, this is the second thread I've read and I cannot stop laughing my ass off. Thanks for reminding me why I originally got addicted to this place :)
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you know that there is a fungus under the soil of Wisconsin, covering hundreds of square miles, and that it is the same organism? Is this merely the wonder of nature, or government experimentation gone horribly awry? Perhaps the government is breeding plants in the seed mills that will easily succomb to the WI fungus? Not sound like a rabble-rouser, but perhaps we should stock up on antifungals (by the pallet, I know people in commercial distribution) and find a suitable site for a freehold?
Its not just Wisconsin. Its spread throughout the upper mid-west and huge parts of Canada. Its international. Its the largest living organism on earth. I certainly believe that the government has something to do with it. Likely the Wister Institute too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have it...I got it! What you need to grow is moss and algae! This is perfect because you can use it as a floor covering. Also, on top of producing Oxygen, it will also produce Hydrogen - that you can collect and power your car with! And SO classy....just refer to it as "Land Coral"....

So, you cover the floor with algae and in that algae you plant a few philodendrons. They algae will be sure to keep the roots moist.

I would also remove the external vent drain from your sump pump and instead have the ground water go to a sprinkler system that is suspended from your ceiling much like the water sprayers in a grocery store.

This gets into dangerous territory. Are you considering the nightime spikes in CO2 emmissions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
International?!?! I had a feeling the Trilateral Commission was involved. This certainly strengthens my convictions.

Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [hammerheadny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Chip, for Rockford Illinois you are truly the metro-sexual male I have ever met (online). Most chicks should magnate to, nonetheless the Neiman Marcus designer 7 jeannes and pink bike. LOL. You friggen rock it out Chip. Mister as opposed to humidifier? Come on dude, WTF? HTFU and get to LP and lets see you at WhiteFace Climbs Friday 6am on the Pinky Pink Princess bike with the pink bento box. Even injured, a warrior your like you should be able to pull out a sub 1:00 WF climb.
Was he pulling my chain with the mister recommendation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No we need the ST Resident resident MD doctor student Jodi to weigh in here. With the rotations we have all read about, heard about and lived through I feel like she can weigh the final vote on the "fern" debacle. BTW, I never understood when one may call themsleves a Physician/Doctor? Like a law student calling themselves and lawyer or a drinker calling themselves a drunk?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

At first I thought you were joking... cause it's such a crazy idea... and maybe you were joking... but the algae/moss idea is possibly or potentially doable. The main challenge to overcome IMO is having moist soil inside the house and the disease risk (not easy to wipe up a milk spill) and also the drainage situation. The moss would have to be kept in a semi-moist state which makes living on the floor covering a bit uncomfortable, and probably dangerous.

It would have to be a house designed from scratch. The main issue is that you would need so much energy to replicate outdoor conditions... that you would probably be still leaving a substantial carbon footprint.
Last edited by: Bro Dull: Jul 15, 08 20:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did of course know that it was Nixon who used the North Korean made weather device to move the jet stream to be sure that the weather was proper to grow this "super fungi". For a few years the machine went unused as the jet stream stayed in check (I think however that was more do to the "earth tipper" that took the earth from 21 to 23 degrees shortly after WWII).

The weather device was last used by George Bush to steer hurricanes and crime ridden cities in Louisana.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You did of course know that it was Nixon who used the North Korean made weather device to move the jet stream to be sure that the weather was proper to grow this "super fungi". For a few years the machine went unused as the jet stream stayed in check (I think however that was more do to the "earth tipper" that took the earth from 21 to 23 degrees shortly after WWII).

The weather device was last used by George Bush to steer hurricanes and crime ridden cities in Louisana.
George W. or H.W.?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDMyArnIdzY

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

How do you know this!?!? You live right across the border from WI. Are you there to monitor progress? You bastards better not come after me! I took the fillings out- you can't track me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fillings? Bah!

Remember that night you got all drunked up on your snowmobile...that "dream" you had about aliens and the anal probe....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

You know...the thing that always made me suspicious when Hurricane Katrina was on the Weather Channel heading towards the Gulf Coast was that they were forecasting the hurricane was going to hit the New Orleans area like four days in advance... and it barely changed path on it's predicted bullseye track. And nothing really happened by the government to prepare until it was too late. It would make sense that the government knew in advance and had something to do with it.

Having said that... the idea that the US government has a device that can control weather is very hard to imagine. I understand chaos theory, that a butterfly farting in China can cause hurricanes in the Atlantic... but those effects are all random. To be able to control weather would require something almost unimaginable in force and energy. I don't think it's possible... but I wouldn't be too surprised if it existed... given the evidence you've shown and that where there is smoke... there is usually a fire.
Last edited by: Bro Dull: Jul 15, 08 20:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been in therapy for that dream. The probe was not the worst aspect. The terrifying part was that it was performed by Wookies wearing Richard Simmons and Ellen DeGeneres masks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HOW TO LEAVE THE PLANET

1) Phone NASA (tel. 0101 713 483 0123). Explain that it's very
important that you get away as quickly as possible.
2) If they do not cooperate, then try to get someone at the White
House (tel. 0101 202 456 1414) to bring some pressure to bear
on them.
3) If you don't get any joy out of them, phone the Kremlin (tel
0107 095 295 9051) and ask them to bring a little pressure to
bear on the White House on your behalf.
4) If that too fails, phone the Pope for guidance (tel. 010 396
6982).
5) If all these attempts fail, flag down a passing flying saucer
and explain that it's vitally important that you get away
before your phone bill arrives.

WHERE YOU SHOULD BE HEADING

Where everyone else in the galaxy is heading. Stay in the
swim, hang out in bars, keep your ear to the sub-etha. Send all
information home on postcards for the benefit of the next wave of
Earth emigrants.Current information says that everyone else in the
Galaxy is heading for a small planet in Galactic Sector JPG71248.
It is clearly the most wonderfully trendy zillion tons of hunky
rock in the known sky.

WHAT YOUR TRAVELS WILL BE LIKE

Difficult and unbelievably dangerous.
Space is notorious for having all sorts of terribly
frightening things happening in it, most of which are best dealt
with by running away very fast.
You should therefore take with you:
1) A pair of strong running shoes. The most useful type are of
outrageous design and mind-mangling colours; experience has
shown that if, while strolling through the ancient swampworld of
Slurmgurst you come unexpectedly across an appalling alien
monster with Lasero-Zap eyes, Swivel-Shear teeth, several dozen
tungsten-carbide Vast-Pain claws forged in the sun furnaces of
Zangrijad, and a terrible temper, it is in your immediate best
interests that the monster should be for a moment
a) startled, and
b) looking downwards.
2) A towel. Whilst the monster is temporarily confused by your
footwear you should wrap the towel round its head and strike
it with a blunt instrument.
3) A blunt instrument (see above).
4) A green Eezi-Mind Anti-Guilt jacket or sweat shirt, for wearing
after incidents such as the above. Guilt is known to be an
electromagnetic wave-form which is reflected and diffused by
the material from which these shirts are made. Wearing them
protects you from worrying about all sorts of things, including
your unpaid phone bill.
5) A pair of Joo Janta 200 Super Chromatic Peril-Sensitive
Sunglasses. These will help you to develop a relaxed attitude
to danger. At the first hint of trouble they turn totally
black, thus preventing you from seeing anything which might
alarm you.
6) All the lyrics to any songs you like to sing whilst traveling.
It is very easy to make enemies by continually singing a song
you don't know all the words to, particularly on long space
journeys.
7) A bottle of something. There are very few people in the Galaxy
who won't be more pleased to see you if you are carrying a
bottle of something.

MEDICAL KIT

In case of physical injury, press the button relating to A)
part affected and B) nature of the injury simultaneously

[ ] leg [ ] broken
[ ] arm [ ] bruised
[ ] head [ ] wrenched off
[ ] chest [ ] mauled by Algolian suntiger
[ ] other [ ] insulted

This page will instantly exude appropriate waves of sympathy
and understanding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL. Record10Carbon.

I guess we've veered somewhat off the subject of ferns.
Last edited by: Bro Dull: Jul 15, 08 21:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice try, G-man. I know they'll triangulate me if I use the phones.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with the full moon you wont see or hear the black helicopters.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll go for a helicopter ride as long as I can wear a helmet and spit tray...

Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [CliffC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case anyone is confused I changed my username from Bro Dull. I didn't like the former one as it had connotations that I was dull. Also in PMing with Matt (learn) here, I realized that there is no real reason to be super paranoid about anonymity etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Cliff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just sold your identity to a Mexican family who are going to purchase an over priced home near mine.

Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Cliff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I didn't realize that genetic alteration was going on in the wholesale sources for nurseries. I am totally against this too. Very passionately against it. If you are interested in doing something about this together, that will hurt these plant mills somehow, you can send me a private message.[/reply] Of course it is going on, has been since the 60's. They are also inciting us to mix our genes more liberally. You can muddy the waters of plants and humans all you want. I for one have saved some genetic material in my freezer to help re-populate once it has all gone down. If you believe your genes are pure, I suggest saving some of yours in the freezer. Use a metal container, and be sure to use rubber gloves throughout the process.
Last edited by: Death by tray: Jul 16, 08 7:08
Quote Reply

Prev Next