Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [velothree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could the Di2 battery not be placed under the saddle? I like the 1.3 (with a bar swap) but that battery really bothers me.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [mr.fincher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it can be. I have seen a couple of people who have their seat quite far forward and were able to mount the battery to the top of the seat post under the seat.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [cressidian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any tunnel/field testing data that would show where this bike is relative to the other "super bikes"? I know we have the Fuji provided data regarding improvements over the D6 but looking for something more definitive if there is anything?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure looks good but even the data Fuji released showed the their Kestral was faster than the Norcom Straight. Anyone out there able to comment on where the Kestral or Fuji rates to the P4 or better?

Many thanks.

xntrickly wrote:
Anyone have any tunnel/field testing data that would show where this bike is relative to the other "super bikes"? I know we have the Fuji provided data regarding improvements over the D6 but looking for something more definitive if there is anything?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just put my NS together last night. I'm excited to race it Sunday! I wish I had more time to get it dialed in... :/

Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have an eye on my new fuji stealth!

1st get rid of the paint and save almost 200g in weight (there where a couple of layers and bad paint!)
2nd give#m all a new mix of black an clear matte finish
3rd take your favorite parts and put it all together...

Result: https://www.flickr.com/...s/72157644280775416/

TT Fuji Stealth, Ultegra 6870 Di2, weight 8,18kg incl. saddle bottle cage

Did also some testings with homemade speed boxes. Went to a cheap chinese sunglasses case (<1$).
Nice to have the battery holes at the seatpost.

Di2 Battery and all electronic is internal!

Have fun to watch...
Last edited by: derpuma: Jun 21, 14 22:32
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [derpuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Norcom is a great bike that gets overlooked

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [derpuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really awesome! I've been wanting to strip my alloy road bike and put some minimal graphics on it, but I could media blast which would be much easier. Nicely done to you.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine, and man this bike doesn't get a lot of love around here on the forums! (please ignore my son's shoddy yard up keep)

As for the build here's what the bike currently setup as:
2014 Fuji Norcom Straight 2.1 (bought from the ST classifieds)
Stock Ultegra 11 FD/RD and Dura Ace shifters
Osymetric 52/42 chain rings
SRAM Red 165 Crank w/ Red ceramic BB
TriRig Mercury Pedals
2 Quik 60mm wheels w/ BTLE PowerTap hub
3T Brezza II Aerobars and Extensions
Zipp Vuka Cradles and Pads
Dash Tri.7 Saddle
X-Lab Delta Sonic Rear Hydration
Profile Design Aero HC BTA Setup
X-Lab Mezzo Bag (for training)
Various orange accents

Thinking of going DA 9000 FD/RD or possibly Ultegra 6870 Di2 but haven't decided as of yet.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree! I really like the shape of the Fujis and that blue color is gorgeous!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any new wind tunnel data?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking on wind tunnel data for Fuji or XLAB? Sorry sometimes people reply to my posts with nothing related to XLAB!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the fuji NS, sorry...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking of buying a Norcom Straight 1.3, a Trek Speed Concept 7.5 or a Felt IA4.

The NS is on specials at my LBS so it's really good value for what you get out of the bike.

Can those who have owned the NS shed some light on some of my questions regarding the bike?
  • Is the Norcom Straight easy to travel with? I know the Trek can be a pain in this area and I can't find any info on the Felt to date.
  • Did your LBS dial in the positioning using spare parts (stem length, spacers, etc.?). The NS 1.3 on my LBS shop floor is a runout and they won't be stocking it again for 2015, so I'm concerned they'd be out of spares by now and they will try and sell me a bike that's not dialled in properly.
  • How easy/hard is it to clean up the exposed cables/wires on the bars? The press shots look messy! Would I need to swap to a different bar and extension kit?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [NomadKev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a 1.3 about 2 weeks ago. It was a demo bike and the cables were a mess, but it was just a bad build (they didn't even route the shifter cables for the horn internally) so I am having my LBS clean it up. I can't comment on traveling with it, but it doesn't seem like much of a hassle. My LBS did a great fit job with the stock parts. I am 5' 7" male with normal proportions and the 51 cm fit nicely with a fairly aggressive position. Performance Bike recently dropped the price to $5000 for a 2014. When the frames are gone, the 2015 will likely be about the same price, since Fuji dropped the list price to $5400 (2015) from $6300 (2014). I wanted the 2014 because it was beautiful matte red versus the matte black for 2015, plus, I think they dropped one button off the end shifters so you can only change the rear gears from the end. Minor hassle to change the end shifters, though. I think a lot of the folks who are not Fuji fans have not really evaluated the new bikes or don't look at the value for the money. You can own the fastest UCI legal bike on the planet (team TT win at the TDF and fastest TT bike ever tested by Aerogeeks - http://aerogeeks.com/...ight-final-thoughts/) with Di2 shifters and race ready carbon wheels for $5k! That is a deal that is impossible to beat. Yes, the aero bar is not the best, the cables are not as clean as others and the battery is on the seat post. I can deal with that and spend the extra $2k on a lot of expensive beer.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [NomadKev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit late to the party here but I've owned my 2014 NS for about 9 months now and absolutely love the bike. For reference purposes I was on a 2011 SC 7.0 before this bike. To answer your questions though:

• Mine doesn't have Di2 but even not having it, I don't think it would be a pain to travel with. I drive to all my races at this point so I don't pack the bike. However, I have stripped the bike down to re-cable it twice and reassembly wasn't difficult. With Di2 I would imagine it would be a bit easier.
  • I bought mine barely used off the classifieds here on ST, so no LBS was involved. As for fit, the guy I bought mine from was ~the same height/weight that I am. The bike is a size "S" AKA 51. When it came to fit, I had already ordered a 3T Brezza II base and extensions and immediately pulled off the Oval stuff (kept the stem though). I think the TriRig Alpha is a better and WAY more adjustable bar than the 3T but it was considerably more $$$ so I went the cheaper route this time. After I got the bike assembled with the new bars/extensions and saddle I used an app called "Bike Fast Fit" to dial it in by myself. It worked pretty well and I did a few 50, 60, and 80 mile rides without too much discomfort. Then I got a RETUL fit done and have been peachy ever since. Not much was changed it in RETUL fit but the small changes helped with comfort.
  • Yep, that's what I did and it made life a lot better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if a TriRig Sigma stem will fit on a Norcom Straight?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Otis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told the Sigma stem would not fit the NS
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [mr.fincher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got 1.3
loyal customer of performance but beyond unhappy at this point. really bad design of arm support, the damn things snapped after 1 ride literally broke in two.
assembly was a mess as well. any suggestions on what kind of aero bar clip to get so that the damn things wont move?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bypasskid wrote:
I just got 1.3
loyal customer of performance but beyond unhappy at this point. really bad design of arm support, the damn things snapped after 1 ride literally broke in two.
assembly was a mess as well. any suggestions on what kind of aero bar clip to get so that the damn things wont move?

what did you end up doing? looking to replace mine as well
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [lambdatri1049] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine also broke. I got the ones in the link below. You just need to dremal one of the bolt holes bigger. They work great.

https://store.profile-design.com/p/21123/F35aAlloyArmrestKit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
Here's mine, and man this bike doesn't get a lot of love around here on the forums! (please ignore my son's shoddy yard up keep)

As for the build here's what the bike currently setup as:
2014 Fuji Norcom Straight 2.1 (bought from the ST classifieds)
Stock Ultegra 11 FD/RD and Dura Ace shifters
Osymetric 52/42 chain rings
SRAM Red 165 Crank w/ Red ceramic BB
TriRig Mercury Pedals
2 Quik 60mm wheels w/ BTLE PowerTap hub
3T Brezza II Aerobars and Extensions
Zipp Vuka Cradles and Pads
Dash Tri.7 Saddle
X-Lab Delta Sonic Rear Hydration
Profile Design Aero HC BTA Setup
X-Lab Mezzo Bag (for training)
Various orange accents

Thinking of going DA 9000 FD/RD or possibly Ultegra 6870 Di2 but haven't decided as of yet.

I'm looking to do the same Brezza 2 on my new Norcom. The 760 stem is so wide at the clamp, I wasn't sure it would fit but it looks like it does.

Would you mind posting a pic of how the cables get routed with your set up? A front and closer in pic? Any help so I can make up my mind would be appreciated!!

Also, has anyone bought a new 760 stem (or figured out another common stem that works)? The MSRP is stupid expensive at $250. Wondering if they actually cost that much.