Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there enough clearance on the frame to run HED jet plus?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the hed jet c2 and they fit.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Keith-OH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it's specific to the Norcom, but anyone with an oversized pulley get rub when running a disc? I run an 11-25 cassette and when in the 25 it rubs on the disc. Thankfully don't need that gear much in FL

Last edited by: rjrankin: Aug 21, 18 12:17
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine rubs with a disc cover.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw one of these on clearance at my local Performance. From the looks of it, the stem is running flush with the top tube like this. I assume this means the workers cut the fork when assembling and I can no longer add in the 20-40mm of spacers anymore, right?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [caverunner17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. Look around for a used or new fork that’s uncut. They may even order you one at a pretty good discount to move the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [New3901] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Picked my 2.5 up from Performance yesterday for $950. Working on replacing the aero bars with Profile Design T4, the shifters with Dura Ace and swapping the crank to my 105 5800 one.

Anything special to cut the seat post? I normally use a fine bladed hacksaw on my carbon fork steers.
Last edited by: caverunner17: Jan 11, 19 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [caverunner17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez that is a crazy deal for a new decent TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a Norcom Straight 2.3 for giveaway prices.

Looking at running a BTA for hydration. Any good options for storing a flat kit? Aero bottle on the down tube?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Fasterthanslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put flat kit in bottle cage behind the seat (and use bta for hydration).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [velothree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone having issues with seatpost slippage? I've put in carbon paste and tightened to 4Nm, but it still slips by the end of the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it is. I saw one guy posting an ad in the US for his 2015 2.5 (still in the box) for US$1500 and was gonna offer around $1300 for it and ship it to myself in Japan. However, I came across a new, black/red 2018 Fuji 1.1 frame/fork/seat post and stem for US$1500 here in Japan from a LBS. I started doing a bit of research about the Norcom Straights and the 2.5 frames apparently are exactly the same as the 1.1, but made with a less expensive carbon fiber, and the 1.1 has reinforcing ribs internally for strength.

I will be doing my first triathlon, and considering that I already have Campagnolo Bullet 50s, I can buy new bars ($300), new derailleurs (Ultegra $100), new cranks (105s $200), a seat ($100), a chain (Ultegra $40), levers (105s $150), cables ($100) and I could be set up with a pretty nice tri-bike for $2500 or so.

Many of the issues about previous 2.3 or 2.5 models in the $2500 range were the bars, which wouldn't be an issue since I would be upgrading to bars that had internal wiring.

Do you guys and gals think this is a good deal for an entry level bike?
Quote Reply

Prev Next