Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Michellie Jones?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to go to "archive" on the new forum menu and then jump over to the right margin.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dropped out.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
High compression socks: see also "American Basketball Association"...

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the rate I am going, I might drop out of the on line event too. I think I need a gel and some salt tablets...
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're all the rage- the compression socks. Odd looking but... Where would one buy them?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at how many pros are wearing them! Does this mean we are all going to be wearing them next season (actually, I would wear almost anything if it helped my running, no matter how geeky it looks!)

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice how much more fit Griesbauer looks this year? She was always a bit chunky(for an elite triathlete) but she looks to have lost some serious weight.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2:42 worked then, and i think it would still work today

Remember, Scott et al ran those low 2:40 times pushing way more watts on the bike than the current crop of guys due to the inferior aero gear of the day. Not to take anything away from the current top guys, but they are turning in roughly the same times on the bikes as Scott and Allen where on ancient bike equipment and they are not running any faster. It's a fact that actually surprises Dave Scott. He's told me he's surprised that the current guys are not running faster!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd looking but... Where would one buy them?

How did ST miss this trend?

Reminds me of what we used to wear with our baseball uniforms those many years ago---we called them "sanitaries"...too funny.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize that....but why?

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here.

It's really heating up. Wow. Ficker looking pretty darn good. 12:30 down- no way. She's out of it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where would one buy those rather odd stockings?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It's a fact that actually surprises Dave Scott. He's told me he's surprised that the current guys are not running faster!

Yeah, I wonder what Scott and Allen really think of what is happening today----all these advances in technology on the bike, yet the times are basically the same as years ago. A true testament to what these "old-timers" were able to accomplish with that sort of gear.

And no compression socks, either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca just picked off MVH and put in a min on Alexander, now he is 3rd ....

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Where would one buy those rather odd stockings?
Skins

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Last edited by: Fix: Oct 13, 07 16:12
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They didn't really say, just that it was a few small things that could have been bothering here - such as, she did an open water swim race a few weeks ago and burst her eardrum. I think they also mentioned some issues with her knee/foot?.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Last edited by: callidus: Oct 13, 07 16:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Odd looking but... Where would one buy them?

How did ST miss this trend?

Reminds me of what we used to wear with our baseball uniforms those many years ago---we called them "sanitaries"...too funny.
We didn't. There have been several threads about them. Rappstar's a big proponent, iirc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is a great runner though..... I am not counting her out! Gotta stick w/ the Austin peeps though! Any my chance to win the hat....
Macca and Ficker......

Comon Desiree.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who the hell is leading this thing?...reports said Lieto (or MVH), camera still on Thunderbear?...i'm confused

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad, but I have to say I'm tired of seeing her...seems like she's on every page of Triathlete...

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [fireluv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What site are you tracking? My Ironmanlive is going nuts...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McGlone and Major making some major moves early on. They look great. Again pacing is key.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [triaustinscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcCormack's stamping some authority. He's in third already at 7 miles. 4:36 down. Kate Major seems to be doing well too.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply

Prev Next