Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might have been squeezing in a cool down run. Maybe looking for his good friend Dr.Tommy to cheer him on. Maybe he was out exploring the course. He was there to learn and get a feel for the race.

Or maybe he was just trying some new lines on the womens!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]So she does that insanely difficult Alpe d'Huez triathlon, then IM Korea ~3 weeks apart and then wins Kona!

Dev[/reply]

Imagine how fast she would have been if she had not been dumping water on her head as she ran. ;)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at Torbjorn...he had the right idea for cooling...wick the moisture away and the sun off...plus at 2:59 pace Ms. Wellington is actually generating just enough airflow for evaporation of the liquid off her body....4 hour marathoner generally aren't doing that great a job :-).

How about Rachel Ross with that 3:18 run..thats silly fast...she needs to get on the Paulo plan and he'll take the 15 hour a week age group winner to prozone!
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

How about Rachel Ross with that 3:18 run..thats silly fast...she needs to get on the Paulo plan and he'll take the 15 hour a week age group winner to prozone!

How 'bout I guy named BULCOCK :-) dominating the 40-44 field!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, Dev. Torbjorn was dumping water on his head, too.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But his body was pretty dry...his clothing was wicking the moisture away quickly...that's the whole point...no insulating layer of hot liquid (and he was moving relatively fast so he had cooling effect, not like the 4-7 hour walk-runners in Chicago...). But hey, if you guys don't believe it go vaseline up :-)...or next time you are on a treadmill or trainer with no airflow dump water on your body instead of wiping down :-)
Last edited by: devashish paul: Oct 13, 07 20:46
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't doubt the source - but I know what I saw! #51 passing Dede a mile from the finish line...

no 51 was greg fraine winning the 45-49 ag with a 3.07 run
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, Jonnyo was #51. That other 51 may have had some other numbers attached to the front of it.

Jonathan Caron

BIB

STATE/COUNTRY
Penticton BC CAN /

PROFESSION
Teacher

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, I meant that he appeared to be no 51 as he passed dede - he was 651.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you were racing today?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read that Sister Madonna missed the bike cutoff by 30 seconds.

Ouch!
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chrissie was 6th at Ironman Korea. Including the pro men.

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chrissie Wellington was fit onto her new P2C by the Bike Boutique in Singapore. FIST Certified. Thanks for the nice comments!

T1bicycles
Cycling and Triathlon Accessories
Import and Wholesale
Dusseldorf
Germany
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, her time in Korea was 9.54. and yes, this was her very first IM, it was in horrendous heat and humidity. I think she finished 5th ot 6th overall and beat male pros like Pete Jacobs, Justin Granger and Luke Dragstra. We all know now that she is the real deal

T1bicycles
Import and Wholesale
Dusseldorf
Germany
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan, that is the single best post of the day. When we fitted Chrissy in Singapore we quickly found out the P2C works best for her. The golden rule still applies: the best bike is the one that fits you best, not the most aero or expensive one.

T1bicycles
Import and Wholesale
Dusseldorf
Germany
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [bdistel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you sound like a proud father

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am definitely not her father, but I am damn proud of what she did out there today. She is not just an amazing athlete, but has an amazing personality as well, I guess we all saw that today. the TBB squad sees it in Thailand every day.

T1bicycles
Import and Wholesale
Dusseldorf
Germany
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [bdistel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys are having a huge year...congrats

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done Ben, and pass on my best to Alex if he hasn't passed out yet!

Architeuthis
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you mean this 51?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey was Chrissie Wellington racing on Team Timex as an Age Grouper Last year?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
saying that an american comedian dane cook came up with, used by many in southern california, bad ass motha fucka

That was an expression long before Dane Cook was even born... not that I ever used it ;-)

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Cervelo sponsors TeamTBB, of which she is a part. TBB is The Bike Boutique of Singapore. So she isn't directly sponsored by them.

So what's the Singapore connection?

Quote:
Hopefully this will convince everyone who should be on a p2 but thinks the p3 is sexier to buy the p2. It's the bike most people should be on...

True dat!

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Hey was Chrissie Wellington racing on Team Timex as an Age Grouper Last year?

Nope. None of us knew who she was. She passed me on her way home near Honokohau Harbor and her grin was so amazing. It was a very cool thing to watch.

RR
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"She passed me on her way home near Honokohau Harbor and her grin was so amazing."
-----------------------------

She was wearing that amazing grin throughout the entire run, through the pro women's press conference, and at midnight at the finish. I suspect she is still grinning today. :)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply

Prev Next