Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you feel how bad Torbjorn's legs feel? OWWWW..... He looks rough. A trifle desperate to get himself composed in that aid station. I would want to tear all that clothing off. Wet, clammy, heavy.... His knees are barely coming up.

Welch says he looks smooth. I think he looks terribly heavy. Gad zooks- the man is putting ice in his trousers......

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's going on in the women's race?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're going through 100 miles on the bike and it is a firefight right now. We won't know who has enough ammo until they get out on the run. It is a splendid race though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no way the feed goes down with Ben Fertic.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"What can MVH run? Honest estimate?"

2:48. he's quite adept at nice distance races. IM might be a tad long for him, but he still does well. he doesn't typically come off in the lead group in this race.

he's one of the very good runners. but when the very good runners ride this hard, they tend to become mortal. i remember when peter kropko came off the bike as one of 5 or so in the lead pack. i thought he had it won. he'd run a (probably slightly short) 2:36 in a european IM. he was a fabulous runner, one of the only runner-swimmers ever at this race. he fainted 5mi into the run.
Yeah, MVH came off the lead close to DKT in Bradenton and dropped WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the heat there after going harder than he wanted on the bike.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I bet Macca's first mile is sub 5:45...he's flying!!

I am afraid Tjborn's form doesn't look very good. I think this does not bode well for him. We will see.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AAhhhhhh. So beautiful there- can you just smell the air in Hawaii- the sea. Such a beautiful day there. I so wish I was there. just a beautiful venue and such a remarkable race today.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What's going on in the women's race?
Cave down to 3rd behind Wellington and Griesbauer.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So true.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am afraid Tjborn's form doesn't look very good."

funny thing, dave scott's form never looked very good either. hey, i know torbjorn isn't the world's greatest runner. but isn't that just his form? or has he got another, better, way of running?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that tjorborn's konasuit is already causing nipple chaffage.

Oh and the official leaderboard over on ironmanlive still shows the guys at mile 109! Classic!!

is that norman singing with or without you kaeroke style to macca in the background?

//semi retired - old school = http://www.iwilltri.com //
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surely the top guys know how important it is to rest for THIS race though? don't you become more susceptible to illness etc when coming off the big mileage and actually beginning the taper? i know i was well rested for a race this year and i got sick 2 days before.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. he's a bike man and this is his undoing.

We need to pick up the video on Macca and DeBoom. I wager we see an utterly different form there... those guys looked loose and ready. Lethal.

I think it's bear season..... Do they hunt bear in Australia?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Betting on a Deboom-Macca sprint down Alii.

Wouldn't that be cool?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, Scott was clunky and duck footed. That worked a long time ago- before we had so many hot runners. I think the bar is higher now and we have faster, smoother runners. Macca and DeBoom are quite a bit more elegant on the run. Torbjorn... no slighting him... but that get-up, that laboured style...

Is that a bullseye on his back?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I posted this further up, but every year, there is all the Joanna Zeiger hype out of the water...where is she right now?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You knom, 3-4 days after the race, some of these people will be in the best shape of the year. Rest is rather overlooked for THE race of the season for many people and over used for other races through out the season.

I need to laminate that and post it somewhere when I build up and taper down for my next IM.

Very good words.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see that either Macca will throw down an amazing marathon time or blow up spectacularly (like before), as an ex-fan of his I would like to see Torbjorn or Alexandra win but I rarely get what I want. Either way the sport wins if it's spectacular, I hope the feed holds long enough to see it!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think my predicted Stadler/Macca gunfight at high noon will be between DeBoom and Macca... Unless Macca simply disposes of DeBoom early on.

These fellows... all of them... just marvelous. Such a beautiful sport. Look at the grace and strength of these people. It never fails to take my breath away.... This is the big show... right now.

More Red Bull!!!!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run start 1. Torbjorn Sindballe 2. Chris Lieto 1:28 3. Marino Vanhoenacker 6:27 4. Chris McCormack 9:27 5. Craig Alexander 9:46 6. Luke McKenzie 9:51 7. Timothy DeBoom 10 minutes 8. Francisco Pontano 10:09 9. Eneko Llanos 10:12 10. Luc Van Lierde 10:28

i liked the german update, I wish theyd do one in spanish. and for next year they should just GIVE a slot to mike dell so we can get some uninterrupted covg. Man hardly any updates on females. I havent heard bently or desiree for a long time

//semi retired - old school = http://www.iwilltri.com //
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too. Good to see your name Sir. Hope all is well.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"I am afraid Tjborn's form doesn't look very good."

funny thing, dave scott's form never looked very good either. hey, i know torbjorn isn't the world's greatest runner. but isn't that just his form? or has he got another, better, way of running?

I have surprised myself at predicting winners or near winners by looking at form. I believe I am beginning to understand this stuff. While it may be possible to gut through occasionally, if one is not an efficient runner it is hard to hold off the efficient runners, who could run close to a 2:40 if pushed, more than 10 minutes behind over the course of an entire marathon. So, he needs to run close to 2:50 to come close to winning. He looked like he was struggling to me. But, who knows what will happen. That is why they run the races.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heather just said that Chrissy W ran well when it was 120 degrees on the run in IM Korea....120 degrees??!?!?! Is that true? Is that poetic license? Is that fabrication?

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More Red Bull!!!!

Just cracked open one myself.

And I think I'll have to get a run in tonight after all this....!

Marino looks pretty darn good so far on the run, very light on his feet, though a little "bouncy"...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo Tom....have you seen the times that Dave Scott put down in Kona with his style. He did a 2:42 in the Ironwar, and that INCLUDED T2!!!! These guys can't touch that!
Quote Reply

Prev Next