Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Right, but I don't see the point in testing old (new) supersonics as you can't get them anymore. test the TTs instead if they agree to test some tires. TT vs SS vs VCS

The only reason would be for a baseline since we have some testing from them before.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Can you guys get someone to setup a youtube live session during the testing? A2 has wifi available right?

Man Geoff still uses an AOL account for his email, might be spotty

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
there are a few screens in the control room but you can't go into the testing area unless it's between runs. a phone/tablet wouldn't really be able to capture much

There are going to be a lot of people in the control room already (N=8-10). We've been restricting access to the tunnel in our past several sessions there and I do not see that changing. This time we'll probably be restricting where in the control room people can access bc Heath and I each have our favorite work areas there in front of the screens. Too many people get in the control room get in the way of our workflow if everyone is all over the place.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
there are a few screens in the control room but you can't go into the testing area unless it's between runs. a phone/tablet wouldn't really be able to capture much

There are going to be a lot of people in the control room already (N=8-10). We've been restricting access to the tunnel in our past several sessions there and I do not see that changing. This time we'll probably be restricting where in the control room people can access bc Heath and I each have our favorite work areas there in front of the screens. Too many people get in the control room get in the way of our workflow if everyone is all over the place.

yea..i get that. i was saying a live video feed would probably not be possible.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
I know this is a late addition but can we do some wheel testing. Everyone wants to know how the new Corsa Speed and Supersonic are aerowise. I am riding Jimmy's Ventum 51 tomorrow for testing.....I could also bring new Corsa Speeds, Supersonics, brand new old Supersonic 23mm as well (I have two left), along with HED JET+, and ROVAL CLX 64s.

That's not a problem but it is a problem to do it on Tuesday. We've got the tunnel booked for some stuff on Wednesday and have some time.

You figure out how many hours you want and who's paying and we're there.

Just let us know ASAP. The behind the scenes work for testing is time consuming and we're running out of that consumable time.

Hmm, well conceivably we have an:

- Enve 7 (I believe based on thread here)
- I could bring HED JET+ 6 and Roval CLX 64

I could bring 23mm Supersonic, 23mm Corsa Speed.

Just shot you a DM via FB regarding phone number to discuss.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But who's paying?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the donation and share.

As Brian said, Tuesday is maxed. We have six bikes to test in less than 9 hours. We only have a little bit of wiggle room especially assuming there will be some small time snags with equipment swaps and such.

I would love to know the answer to the Vittoria tire aerodynamics question as much as the next armchair tire enthusiast. Hope you can get it together for Wednesday. I can offer GPTTs, 4kS2s, Vittoria G+s, or Enve 7.8 SES hoops (disc or rim) to the process.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
donated a bit. would be interesting to see the results.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very chuffed this is happening.

Just donated the pittance I have left after taking the kids on holiday for a week. Look forward to the outcome.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on doing social media the day of the testing. What all do you guys want to see?

Video from the tunnel?
Kiley on the bike?
Jimmy's wild hair?
Pictures of all the bikes?
Interviews?
Live video?

Let me know! I'll be meeting Kiley on Monday.

I will also create a thread for the testing and will update it with links to videos and pictures of the testing.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 14, 17 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'd really just like for you to stream the inevitably awkward first meeting.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd appreciate a video of you, Kiley, Stover and Dan holding hands and singing "We are the World".

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, you beat me to it.

Great minds think alike!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:

Along the same lines, I'd like a photo of you guys when you meet doing an air armwrestle with your sleeves rolled up like Arnie and Carl Weathers in Predator.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahahahhahahahhah Kiley and I talk pretty frequently so it won't be awkward.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:

There's a chance both BryanD and Thomas Gerlach will be crashing in my hotel room. If that happens, those two will be sharing the second double bed. Talk about awkward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you autograph a P5x poster and give to Kiley for me? I'd like to frame it.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Very chuffed this is happening.

Just donated the pittance I have left after taking the kids on holiday for a week. Look forward to the outcome.

"Sorry son, you can't have dessert for this entire vacation. I need to save the money to donate to some guy on the internet testing air flowing around bikes"
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
afurlong wrote:

Along the same lines, I'd like a photo of you guys when you meet doing an air armwrestle with your sleeves rolled up like Arnie and Carl Weathers in Predator.

Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
You touch on it briefly here, but one thing that is missing from ALL "whitepapers" (along with error bars, which I hope you include) is a section on possible sources of error.

"ALL"?

http://www.tririg.com/...omega_whitepaper.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
You touch on it briefly here, but one thing that is missing from ALL "whitepapers" (along with error bars, which I hope you include) is a section on possible sources of error.

"ALL"?

http://www.tririg.com/...omega_whitepaper.pdf

It's a good point -- questioning the "all" statement. Jordan did mention (elsewhere) -- and I don't think he'd mind my saying it -- that it wasn't "all". He noted Josh Poertner and Tom A. as good examples of folks who use error bars in their reporting and publications. He missed accreditation of yours, but thank you for sharing the additional piece to add to the conversation.
Last edited by: kileyay: Apr 14, 17 21:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, you really are on a short leash, aren't you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the new (old) kileyay back, I am now interested. :) Donated.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
With the new (old) kileyay back, I am now interested. :) Donated.

Whose idea was to bring Pubes back in the form of the old kileyay. The entertainment factor around here dropped 10x

OK, at least can we get a "What I did while Pubes was banned from ST: my aero testing in the real world at Oceanside and associated race report"

Did he go up to Slowman's ranch after Oceanside to get a sermon on how to behave? I think this is a mandatory requirement for any proper STer going to Oceanside (not the sermon part, just go and hang out with slowman's dogs and horses).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
air armwrestle with your sleeves rolled up like Arnie and Carl Weathers

You've obviously have never seen my biceps. They are the World's Most Aero Biceps (TM & patent pending) part of the reason I have ridden sub 4:59 on < 189w in an IM.

You don't work hard in the gym to get biceps like this! (copyright)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 15, 17 6:43
Quote Reply

Prev Next