Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [inv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You thought wrong

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [inv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price - that is interesting.

Next time maybe we should test bikes "as sold" by price starting at $3,500. Test all those bikes and the winner is tested against $4,000 bikes as sold etc..,,

That way those bikes that are in the X price catagory but the bike comes with crap wheels, no name tires, place holder seats, 105 Shimano etc.. will demonstrate thier true value vs aero capability.

That would be an interesting comparison. Faster, more features and less expensive.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
argmac wrote:

So much for freedom of speech!

Just because it irks me, "freedom of speech" is a right guaranteed by The US Constitution from infringement by the GOVERNMENT. Private enterprise is allowed - and does - restrict freedom of speech all the damn time.

xkcd has the graphical illustration, perhaps this should be displayed on the forum pages ;-)

Last edited by: doug in co: Apr 13, 17 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely the $595 is only a maybe expense depending on who ultimately purchases the bike?
They may require the post and/or stem to be cut as much or more than they have been for the test in which case they won't need replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [DeanV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bike is coming from my shop and the owner of the shop wants a bike back in the condition it was before the testing. Therefore, a new stem and seatpost are required and have already been ordered.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Added my $50 to the Go Fund Me

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Added my $50 to the Go Fund Me

So, is all filled or are there donations needed?

Jeroen
Tri-Run.com

Edit; just saw the link, donated $ 150 so just a few bucks away from the goal. Have fun at the tunnel

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: tri-run: Apr 13, 17 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The parts for the P5-X have been ordered. You can donate if you want! Thank you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD comes through with the P5-X, and you all deliver a big boost to the funding, with a generous commitments from both Dans and many others. Really pleased with all the support here.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Edit; How could I say no to a collaboration endorsed by Kiley, BryanD and Dan?
Last edited by: GreatScott: Apr 13, 17 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I threw some beer money towards the fund. Really curious to see how this plays out.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
argmac wrote:
Massive mistake from your side. This is a god-damn forum, not pubmed for Christ's sake. Do you ask all the site sponsors to provide peer reviewed studies on all their marketing claims? The implications are that you can spread Marketing BS as long as you sponsor the site. But you can't publish data that can make the sponsors look bad unless your data is backed by methods approved by the site owner.

So much for freedom of speech!

Just because it irks me, "freedom of speech" is a right guaranteed by The US Constitution from infringement by the GOVERNMENT. Private enterprise is allowed - and does - restrict freedom of speech all the damn time. There is (almost) nothing that makes you look more foolish than complaining about "Freedom of Speech" on a forum like this.

Second, and related the above, we - meaning Slowtwitch - are potentially liable for anything written/posted here that could be considered harmful/libelous/defamatory/etc. There is an obvious, logical, and implied skepticism when Cervelo presents its own data. When someone else is presenting data that is seemingly objective, that same skepticism may be withheld. This has the potential to be problematic. Let's take this a step further. In addition to wind tunnel testing, Kiley might also be proposing to subject these frames to impact testing to judge their "safety." The implications of such testing are massive. This was part of a "debate" I had with Publius (RIP) on another thread. The impact of negative information is outsize relative to positive data.

Negative data is typically viewed as more truthful. It would take a lot of positive data points to offset one negative data point. The damage that can be done to the reputation of a company is massive. Outside of any potential legal liability, Dan is a long time pillar of the triathlon community and is understandably reticent to allow someone who has shown a penchant for cutting down companies to present his "data" on this forum without some vetting of that information. Why should Slowtwitch enable someone who has - at least superficially - demonstrated that they have an axe to grind tear into those companies who actually support this sport?

Trolls have in fact won the internet. https://theoutline.com/...-the-trolls-have-won

And the response is always the same from most of these people, who - in person - are decent enough. "I thought it was obvious I was just playing a role; I was just being a devil's advocate..." Bullshit. You're sniping from the cheap seats. All these companies have real skin in the game. And if you don't think as a part of this community that you have some responsibility to support the companies that help make this sport possible, I'm sorry. We here at Slowtwitch feel that we do have that responsibility.

Touche' Jordan; I nominate your entry for Post of the Year!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,

The question that I would ask myself is " Do I really want to walk that Pacific Crest Trail?"
Or, "Do I want transparency on this website with the potential to make it bigger than ever?"
I am not speaking in your behalf...but if I was you..."I would look myself in the mirror and say that today is the day that I man up"
Let the truth prevail...these individuals are qualified to do this.
Let the chips fall where they will.
The truth is what your audience wants to hear.
Thank you for your donation to their cause and for allowing it to be published on your site.
And thank you for an awesome forum that could be even better.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Bernoullitrial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man up? What are you a high school football coach??? He's worried about, among other things, legal liability. And his posts on this topic are already his evidence in that potential lawsuit that he publicly expressed healthy skepticism and that he s going to require some level of knowledge and professionalism about this--exactly what I' telling him to do if I were his lawyer. Privately, I suspect he is saying " hell yeah, go for it Kiley!" Are you going to man up and foot the legal bill if things go south for him based upon something he allowed to be published on his site?? That's the question you should ask yourself today.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 14, 17 4:08
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bravo.
dan has been quite clear the he needs to properly vet the people and the process. and anyone who doesn't understand the legal liability he faces is hopeless on this entire subject.

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I may come for a few hours as an independent observer and snag pics

I was thinking they should use you at the human on top of said bikes! Or maybe they can use slowman and you take pics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you guys get someone to setup a youtube live session during the testing? A2 has wifi available right?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
BryanD comes through with the P5-X, and you all deliver a big boost to the funding, with a generous commitments from both Dans and many others. Really pleased with all the support here.

Thank you

Donated, and shared on Facebook. I know this is a late addition but can we do some wheel testing. Everyone wants to know how the new Corsa Speed and Supersonic are aerowise. I am riding Jimmy's Ventum 51 tomorrow for testing. I could potentially save Jimmy the hassle of lugging it up their and just driving. I could also bring new Corsa Speeds, Supersonics, brand new old Supersonic 23mm as well (I have two left), along with HED JET+, and ROVAL CLX 64s.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you wouldn't really be able to see very much. there are a few screens in the control room but you can't go into the testing area unless it's between runs. a phone/tablet wouldn't really be able to capture much perspective in the control room i don't think.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you do that you should add the TTs to the mix as well.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, but I don't see the point in testing old (new) supersonics as you can't get them anymore. test the TTs instead if they agree to test some tires. TT vs SS vs VCS
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Can you guys get someone to setup a youtube live session during the testing? A2 has wifi available right?

A2 does have a robot that can roll into the tunnel and do that. But it's a tight timeline and we've never used it int he 100's of hours we've spent there. Probably not going to break out another unknown variable next week.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Man up? What are you a high school football coach??? He's worried about, among other things, legal liability. And his posts on this topic are already his evidence in that potential lawsuit that he publicly expressed healthy skepticism and that he s going to require some level of knowledge and professionalism about this--exactly what I' telling him to do if I were his lawyer. Privately, I suspect he is saying " hell yeah, go for it Kiley!" Are you going to man up and foot the legal bill if things go south for him based upon something he allowed to be published on his site?? That's the question you should ask yourself today.

Just a point of clarity...there is a ton of crap in the forum based on misinformation. I would not call it fake news, but certainly "misleading posting". When Slowman says "publish" does he mean a posting in the bowels of the forum or a front page article. I am assuming for the latter only he and his staff can do it. Which leaves only a posting as the possibilty for Kiley, with whatever data him and his crew glean.

If they post the data, and methodology used, and leave out conclusions, that SHOULD be fair game. Just let the readers and other posters interpret their data and methodology. Heck if Herbert happens to be there and take pictures, maybe it could be a "data only" collaboration. No conclusions....just state methodology and post the raw data. Then we can crowd source conclusion interpretation based on raw data capture. Then everyone can have their 2 cents on synthesis and conclusion making
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know this is a late addition but can we do some wheel testing. Everyone wants to know how the new Corsa Speed and Supersonic are aerowise. I am riding Jimmy's Ventum 51 tomorrow for testing.....I could also bring new Corsa Speeds, Supersonics, brand new old Supersonic 23mm as well (I have two left), along with HED JET+, and ROVAL CLX 64s.

That's not a problem but it is a problem to do it on Tuesday. We've got the tunnel booked for some stuff on Wednesday and have some time.

You figure out how many hours you want and who's paying and we're there.

Just let us know ASAP. The behind the scenes work for testing is time consuming and we're running out of that consumable time.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next