Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5:

30 mins weights 20 pts
50 min run (which I almost skipped until I read devs post about training in -11) 50pts
60 min Trainer 40 Pts

Day 5 Total:110 pts

Overall Total: 735pts

This work thing is really getting in the way of my training!

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 27th = 30min run for 30pts

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mea culpa - I didn't quite make the cut-off. I ask that the camp director show mercy and let me in. I would have made it, but I didn't bring my speedo work, so I had to stop off and buy one on the way to the pool after work. That cost me at least an extra 5 minutes.

AG = M35 - 39

Goal = 1,200

Day 1:

B: 15 pts
R: 27 pts

Total = 42

Day 2:

S: 20 pts.
B: 50 pts.
R: 90 pts

Total = 160

Day 3:

B = 42.5

Total = 42.5

Day 4:

S: 23.3
B: 60
R: 45

Total = 128.3

Day 5:

S: 27.9
B: 76.6
R: 29

Total = 133.5

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Last edited by: TriCeratops: Dec 27, 06 21:59
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this darn knee of mine keeps me to the weights, which means I can't rack up a ton of points, but I'm doing what I can...

12/27 - 50 minutes of weights = 33 points

Total for 12/27 = 33 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wooohooo...Alex (MTL)...the "Quad man" is back into training! Clearly rumours of his retirement after an amazing top 30 race at the Muskoka Chase were grossing exaggerated! Alex, this is great! You better keep training or pretty soon, your son will be passing you!

Dev,
I'm doing the camp so I can continue eating all those pastries and chocolate that's around me and not feeling guilty... I will get back to serious training once a move up to the REAL category the M40-44, so I still have 5 years to relax and enjoy life...

Day 5:
swim 1h30 (60 pts)

Thanks Parkito, for compiling the results.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1h run
4h ride
1h15 run

255pts

Total: 1055pts so far.
Last edited by: Francois: Dec 27, 06 20:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/26 - 77 minute run = 77 total points

Drove all over Texas for 8 hours

12/27 - 1:41 run = 101 points
- 1:21 bike ride = 40 points
rode 20 something odd miles on the Buffalo Springs Half Ironman Course because it was so close. Windy there today.

total points = 141

-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.westtexasendurance.com - Powered by Brooks, Powerbar and pizza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/27 (Day 5): 45 minutes on the trainer (30 pts.) + 45 minute swim (30 pts.) + another 60 minutes on the trainer (40 pts.) = 100 pts. for the day. I believe this brings my 5-day total to 480. Thanks again.
-Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

But regardless of the studs, its the number of people pushing themselves that is totally cool, each person working towards different training goals, using different sports to amass points. Very cool.

Dev
This is definitely true of me, I'm thinking of points now instead of kms/pace and so forth. Don't get me wrong I'm still pushing the pace and intensity, but this whole competition has really ramped up my volume the past week. Hey Dev, how is running in the Gats this time of year anyhow? I've been doing treadmill for a month now and ran for about 75 mins outside on Monday and couldn't believe how fast the time went, and that's just in the rural streets of Stittsville!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [brburns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5 12/27:
60 min spin= 40 pnts
60 min swim = 40 pnts

Total so far:
12/23: 80
12/24: 95
12/25: 30
12/26: 235
12/27: 80
_________

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day5 (dec 27):
swim 1hr = 40
run 1hr = 60
total = 100

Total to date:
809 + 100 = 909

Thanks Parkito for seeing so highly of me, but can't keep up with the french dude and this Chaos guy!! Work is getting in the way from here on!!!
BTW, category M25-29, here in Fort St John, our neighbour's Alberta (think Brokeback Mountain), and it was playing during the xmas party, so therefore the comment :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oops. i think i have been adding wrong.

i was giving myself 30 points for an hour of spin instead of 40. so for today i need to add points to my original post.

sorry.
points today 12/27

spin bike 1.5 hr = 60pts
weights 15 min= 10 pts
run 10 min= 10 points

total 80 pts

goal= 600 pts

thanks.

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all:

It warms the cockles of me heart to see yo all working so hard. Half way through this virtual camp, and I can honestly say that Dev has quite the success story going this year.

My efforts today:
8.7 mile run 76:43 = 76.7 points
45 min trainer = 30 points
Total = 106.7 points
Some one needs to check my math tonight.

we had some very good friends over tonight. We had a very nice dinner, and I had 3-4 glasses of a very good cabernet sauvignon. Therefore, I am in absolutely no shape to be adding anyones' points, including mine. ;-) I definitely don't want any more tinypic screwups, so best to wait until the morning.

I have a bit of a double buzz going as I ended up running after a minimal breakfast and no lunch, and then getting the trainer session in. I needed a one hour nap after getting the roast in the oven and before the guests arrived. But, I am feeling really good right now. ;-)

I will total up everything in the morning (assuming I can see straight) and post an updated results chart. I have a few additions to add to the five day results. Should be fun.

HALFWAY THERE! Keep working hard!!!

parkito

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Last edited by: parkito: Dec 28, 06 7:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm done for today:
1:41 leading two spin classes = 107.3
3:14 on the Spark bike = 129.3
0:49 weights = 32.6
1:08 swim = 45.3
Day 5 total = 314.6
Couldn't get any takers to brick the 90 minute spin class we just finished, but I did get over 300.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [TriCeratops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Care to throw in an age group and a goal?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12-27

1hr swim - 40pts

95min indoor spin class - 63pts
15 min run - 15 pts
15 min wts - 10 pts

total for 12-27 - 128 pts
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put me down for 80 points on Wednesday (2 hour outdoor ride) and zero points yesterday. Thanks!

Cool about the snowflakes and warm head thingy, but a two hour outdoor ride is still 60 points.

;-)

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/27 - Still no snow, so out on the trails with the MTB for 1:23. Call it 41 pts again.

Actually, I would call it 41.5 pts. Those fractions may be pretty important by day 10.

;-)

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say that I think I should up my goal to 2000 points to keep the pressure on me for the remaining days. Have a great evening.

Uh oh, my dark side is coming out. 2000 points it is.

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Jocke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yog taler inta Svenska.

;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
day 5 update

bike trainer - 120 minutes = 80 pts
run - 60 minutes = 60 pts
total for the day = 140 pts

total so far = 459

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry, I'm really sorry to hear this. I have an 11 year old Golden that's creeping towards that stage, and I worry about it all the time. Best wishes going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [rodio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to fly from Boston to Denver today, so training time was a bit truncated.

Anyways:

90 mins on the trainer: 60 points
60 mins in the pool: 40 pts.

Day 5 total: 100 points

With another snowstorm coming in to Denver, I'm going to be looking at a lot of treadmill and trainer miles...brutal.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you're not updating until the morning, I need to up my goal to 2000 as well. At this point I could sleepwalk to 1500 just on Saturday's workout alone. Need to have a challenge to keep me focused.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next