Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [txvet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great. we will have a "tent sale" going on outside
( if the weather cooperates) so look out there for me first.
look forward to meeting you.

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's going on? 4:30 pm EST and no posts yet from Spinho...what's she doing, building a Ken Glad style salt mine in her basement, logging indoor miles in an attempt to win 40-44?

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run, 12/26- 180 mins = 180pts
Outdoor Bike, 12/28- 60 mins= 30pts
Total= 210pts

Should have more, but my shoes decided to tell me that they were old and needed to be replaced. :(

OOPS!!! Typo on the run time!! Thanks tigerchik!!

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Last edited by: damnilocano: Dec 28, 06 13:57
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a 280 minute run?! how many miles did you cover?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/28

Indoor trainer 75' = 50 points
Run 45' = 45 points

Total today 95

Thanks Parkito!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to propose the 280 minute run that Danilocano did for Hero of the day status, but it seems this was on Dec 26th, so his submission would be a bit late!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/28 - 80 minute total running (track workout with warm up/cooldown) = 80 points

- 1:15 trainer bike ride = 50 points

Total points = 130 points

Going to the Texas Tech basketball game tonite to see Bobby Knight take down the most wins in college basketball.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.westtexasendurance.com - Powered by Brooks, Powerbar and pizza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahaha Dev!
I actually finished working out at 3:00pm and came home and saw you earned 155 points today. I earned 150 and was contemplating a 6 minute treadmill run just to push my points up past yours today, for a laugh! But the burritos and Mike's Hard Lemonade were calling me... I am taking today and tomorrow easy to rest up for a big weekend!
SO!

DAY 6 THURS DEC 28

45 minutes weights 30 points
60 minute run 60
120 minutes bike 60

total for today 150
6 day total 925..... 9 points shy of Dev

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Last edited by: SpinHo: Dec 28, 06 14:33
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking in...

12/27:
60min swim
70min indoor ride
20min weights
total: 100

12/28:
42min swim
66min indoor ride
40min run
total: 112

6-day total: 564
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spinho, 150 points is easy? I may as well throw in the towel now. My legs are totally cooked. My next couple of days will likely have to be easier, or as a bare minimum, I might try to pad my points by doing lots of arm weights and saving my currently cooked legs.

On Dec 31st, we have our big Winterman "training day" here in Ottawa. Its a Dec 31st tradition...10K run-50K XC ski...the second half of both tends to be leg burning run burning race pace stuff depending on who shows up, so I need to save some legs for that. Unfortunately, due to the fact that the pace is high and we cover ground quickly, I likely won't end up with much more than a "gold club day" for this effort.

Tom Evans actually has a Penticton version of the same tradition kicking off this year. We're into our 9th year here in Ottawa! Rumour has it that Jonnyo will be making a celebrity appearance at the Ottawa event!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
day 6 update

3 hr swim = 120 pts

total thus far = 579.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking in:

12/28/06

Swim: 55 mins = 37 pts

Run: 63 mins = 63 pts

Weights: 15 mins = 10 pts

110 pts total

Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,
No..150 isn't easy! Not 6 days in.... I made a big mistake by starting this off with the 4 hour HARD group ride on Sunday followed by the 2 hour run/1 hour ride the following day. This camp started the same week I was going to increase my running mileage anyway,(which I have done), but to add in the extra swims and bikes when I otherwise would have cut them down/out has been challenging! I'll stick it out; I don't feel like I'm getting sick and as long as my feet hold up I'll be ok. Jan 1 will be here soon!
;>)

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo's coming?!

someone find me a map from Skowhegan, ME to Ottawa...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dec. 28 (day 6): 93 minute run (93 pts.) + 45 minute swim (30 pts.) = points. I believe it brings my 6-day total to 603 points. Thanks.

The run was great fun; started in the dark, and ran with my headlight around a golf course. Was going to add a masters swim tonight, but am coming down with a tough flu :). Hopefully it won't set me back to much.

-Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spinho, if your feet are getting sore with all the work, take a water bottle, stick it in the freezer till it is frozen, and then take it out and gently roll under your bare foot. Keep doing this off and on. This usually gets me through a high volume week with no plantar fascia or achilles issues.

I must be an idiot..I'm giving away all me secrets to the competition!

By the way, sounds like you are on a Mitch Gold like training week (high volume running while maintaining swim-bike volume...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Thursday - 43 min swim = 28.6 points

800 point goal...

=================================
http://www.clydesdaleshavebigbikes.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thurs. Dec. 28
:120 outdoor ride - 60
:60 swim - 40

100 points for the day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt a bit worn-out today ... wasn't motivated enough to get up for the run this morning so I slept in instead. Didn't head out until 1pm. Rode 2hr20' and bailed out the run. 70 pts only for today // 758 pts for 6 days.

Thanks for keeping the stat updated!!
Last edited by: charles: Dec 28, 06 16:11
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [charles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/28 - nice evening 82.5 min. trail run. The single track in the dark makes for some interesting running - those roots can really trip you up even with a head lamp. Still can't believe there is no snow here in MI. CO is hogging all the good stuff.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4:04 Outdoor Mtn Bike (very windy in So Cal today)= 122
33 Minute Run= 33

Dec 28 Total= 155 Points

Jim Picker
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

UPDATE!

I ran for 51 minutes and biked for 60 minutes today. That gives me 91 points for the day and 351 points for the six days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good day for points...

40min run - 1h45 trainer - 40min run (am)

40min run - 1h45 trainier - 40min run

daily total: 282.5

total: 1337.5
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 6
GETTING TIRED
60 min swim = 40 pnts
60 min run = 60 pnts

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
0 for yesterday

today: 60 min swim +54 min run: 94 pts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next