Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TC-

I just did my swim workout and worked in 500 yards of kicking- 250 dolphin- 250 upside down dolphin. You are soooo right! What an amazing core body workout!!!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/27 Day 5
Weights - 50 minutes 33.3 points
Bike (Outdoors) - 4 hours - 120 points
Swim - 1 hour - 40 points
Run - 60 minutes - 60 points

Daily Total - 253 1/3 points
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First swim session during the "camp". The main set was 5 x 400m and 2 x 800m.

DAY 5

Swim 1h 45min (5100m) = 70p

Total = 70p
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5 results: We had to take one of our dogs to get euthanized this afternoon. I don't feel much like working out, so zero for me today.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hee hee. I've never heard anyone call it "upside down dolphin!" I like that term. much better than "fly kick streamlined on your back"

glad you had a good workout.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ohhh no :( sorry to hear about your pet.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was super-nervous/cautious.

Nothing felt fluid, but I was happy to be outside and able to use my body. I'll give it run #2 tomorrow and see how it goes.

Only a little soreness today...

Thanks for asking.

Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran this morning and it was the first time in two weeks that I had that "fluid" feeling. It's always this foreign thing when you're starting back up.

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry,
I'm really sorry. I had to do the same on the day before Christmas...I've been taking it pretty hard myself. I hear the sadness will pass in time...

Take care,
Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik, since you kinda offered, I'm putting you in charge of the selection for the daily "platinum club hero of the day workout" (by the way, I really don't think my day 2 workout qualifies).

Here goes, Day 5, submission for hero of the day workout:

Got up at 5:30 am, ate my oats and drank my coffee, and hopped into the car to drive up to Gatineau Park where we do most of our XC skiing. Got out and it was minus 11. Not too bad, but a brisk Northerly wind made it feel a lot worse. I ran 1:40 with my buddy James Young (this guy did 9:15 at 1995 IMC with a closing 3:08 run...). Anyway, the run was very hilly and we ran a solid pace, but nothing super hard. By the end of the run, for some reason my hands were frozen. Back to the car for a quick change to start XC skiing.

We got just enough snow to make the place skiable. My hands were so frozen that I had to really hammer a bit on the first few long hills to get feeling back in the hands. Anyway, the planned 2 hour skate ski turned into 2:30 as James wanted to do more (and who am I to tell a training partner to do less). Ended the ski at 2:30, covering 38K and between the run and ski, over 3500 ft of elevation.

So ending the run-ski, I'm already on a platinum club day (1:40 run = 100 pts, 2:30 XC ski = 100 pts).

I call my wife on the cell phone from the ski parking lot and I am told that they are going to lunch. Anyway, just made it to the restaurant on time to make my order in my stinking ski clothes. My son says that he wants to swim in the afternoon...I detect an opening to pad my point total. OK, just got back from the pool. Over the 70 minutes we were there, I managed to do 45 minutes of lane swimming...so 30 more points!!! After the XC ski + swim combo, my arms are falling off!!!

Day 5

Run 100min = 100 points
XC ski 2:30 = 100 points
Swim 45 min = 30 points

Day 5 total = 230 points

5 Day Camp Total = 779 points...it might still be possible to hit gold club!!!

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Dec 27, 06 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay, sure. you're stuck with the day 2 award like it or not! all that running, xc skiing, and hiking made my legs hurt just THINKING about it. :)

45 min swim? that must've put you over your goal yardage on the swim challenge thread!

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkito, it really is a battle up there in the rarified air for the podium with all those studs giving Francois a solid run for his championship. I just wish that Gordo and Kus would post their last 5 days from Noosa and Arizona respectively. There'd be some serious competition. I'll email them offline and prod them to submit!

But regardless of the studs, its the number of people pushing themselves that is totally cool, each person working towards different training goals, using different sports to amass points. Very cool.

Schermy, don't DNF yet. Consider your sickness a microtaper before piling it on from Day 7-10...still lots of days left.

Konaexpress, sorry to hear about your dog. My son will be sad to hear your news. I did not want to "gain fitness" on you when you are on the "sidelines". I hope you and Mrs K are doing OK!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
checking in for today 12/27

Again, awesome job Parkito! Biology - I knew we had something in common :)

2 hour MTN bike (hard single track and woods - fell 4 times, nothing major): 60 pts

45 min trail run after (Xterra brick?): 45 pts

45 min run PM: 45 pts

150 pts total

Quote | Reply
Okay - I'm done for the day. My morning workouts went well and I was planning on getting in a second spin session tonight, but I'm exhausted -even after a nap - so I think it's best to skip it.

45 min run = 45 pts
120 min swim = 80 pts
45 min spin = 30 pts

155 for the day + 273 from the past four days = 428

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parkito,
Please add my name to the list of participants...

MTL (M35-39)

Day 1:
Indoor bike 1h45 (70pts)

Day 2:
Outdoor run 0h45 (45pts)

Day 3:
xmas 0h (0pts)

Day 4:
Indoor bike 1h05 (43 pts)
Outdoor run 0h35 (35 pts)

Camp Goal (600pts)
Quote Reply
Re: Late to the Game ... [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, i'll jump on. m25-29, by the way...

12/24--105 points (1.75hr run)
12/26--45 points (1.5hr cardio @ gym)
12/27--105 points (1.75hr run)

thanks parkito! itseazy, you're going down. These are 'recovery week' numbers....
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wooohooo...Alex (MTL)...the "Quad man" is back into training! Clearly rumours of his retirement after an amazing top 30 race at the Muskoka Chase were grossing exaggerated! Alex, this is great! You better keep training or pretty soon, your son will be passing you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAY 5 Wed 12/27

am: 75 minute run 75 pts
75 min Masters swim 50 pts

pm 120 min computrainer 80 pts
30 min transition run 30

Today's total 235
Five day total 775

no wonder my feet are killing me!
how many more days?!?!?!!?
;>)

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn....Spinho just outdid me....too bad I already posted my 230 points for the day...anyway, I need to rest and recover for another "gold club" target day tomorrow. Looks like the 40-44 ladies are kicking the asses of the 40-44 men!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 5 (12/27):
120 minutes indoor bike = 80 points
70 minutes run = 70 points
day's total = 150 points (5 day total = 543 points)
Last edited by: joggernut: Dec 27, 06 13:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, thanks for hosting.

Day 1
2:20 outside bike (70 pts)
45 Run (45 pts)
30 min Weights (20 pts)
Total 135 pts

Day 2
61 minute Tempo Run (61 pts)

Day 3
off

Day 4
1:10 Run (70 pts)
1:20 CT Ride (53.33 pts)

Day 5
60 Run Track (60pts)
30 Weights (20 pts)
30 Bike Indoor (20 pts)

Goal is 1001 pts.

Darcy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done for the day. My poor dad is going to be so happy to see me go!

Swim: 85 minutes
Trainer: 75 minutes
Weights: 35 minutes

Todays total: 130

Total so far: 471

529 left to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down for 80 points on Wednesday (2 hour outdoor ride) and zero points yesterday. Thanks!

By the way, I saw my first snowflakes of the year on my ride today. I was warm though, thanks to my new X-mas gifts (Izumi head thingy and neoprene gloves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/27 - Still no snow, so out on the trails with the MTB for 1:23. Call it 41 pts again. Pretty consistent on this route. Hopefully a long run tomorrow.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [imtri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Darcy, I forgot to mention my "nutrition" for this morning's 22K Run+38K XC ski "brick". Basically for the 4:10 of training, all I used was one granola bar and 1000 calories of Infinit (the Ironman formula that you sent me ) and it was really amazing. I am really looking forward to using it in my XC ski races. Over a 50K race, I can squeeze in ~600 cals into a small bottle and I don't have to worry about messing with gels or any other form of nutrition that is "hard to get to" in the thick of a race, skiing in a paceline at redline on questionable terrain. My energy was constant for the entire workout and I had no semblance of muscle cramping.

Anyway, I thought I should mention this in this thread given the amount of "huge volume" training going on. For any others doing XC ski racing this winter, and noting how hard it is to get to calories in an easily dispensible form factor, the ability to pack in lots of Infinit into a water bottle (vs Gatorade) and the ability to absorb make it great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next