Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [JohnInRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do any of the Canadians here drink Big Rock specifically their amber? I had some last summer when I was in Alberta and thought it was awesome!

Needless to say I haven't found it in Texas.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [dirtydan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Do any of the Canadians here drink Big Rock "

I've had it once here in Ontario. We have a lot of very good local microbreweries popping up all over the country nowadays so it's not just the Labatt/Molson garbage that we drink up here in the Great White North any more.

Creemore, Moosehead, Alexander Keith, Church Key, Sleeman's are some of the better smaller name brands, but there are lots of others.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [Runningwithsax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My homebrewed IPA. Here's the kit:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/highgravity.html

Kit #1122 then add an extra ounce of Fuggles hops in the last minute of the boil. Hoppy goodness!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I like all sorts of beer. Right now I'm drinking Red Dog. I thought it was some cheapo beer like Old Milwaukee or Busch but it is surprisingly good (and cheap).
in college i used to drink red dog. i referred to it as "pink puppy". lol. good times.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right. I prefer Carlsberg my self. Hansa was mentioned by somone here, that's a Norwegian beer. But not very good. And any way it's from Bergen, and therefore not really norwegian (just checking if there are someone on the forum from the west coast of Norway right now :-) )

Good for you that the danish are the beer exporters and not the swedes!

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Great Lakes Brewery Oktoberfest beer!

~Work hard and play harder:)!!!~
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [LastManWalking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And any way it's from Bergen, and therefore not really norwegian "

Ouch!! I'll have to send this post to my Norwegian friend from Bergen who I've known for 25 yrs. He feels that Bergen is the best part of Norway and always refers to Oslo as *sshole. Of course his opinion would be biased since he was born in Bergen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Tuborg Dutch Brown Ale this weekend that was very good, almost like chocolate.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]gosh, i have too many to count. hopefully a list is ok? football, EKU (from the small fridge keg. what fun) [/reply]

What a great reply thread to the alcohol absolutionist thread. :D EKU is evil stuff...it tastes so good, goes down smooth and you don't figure out until later that it is about 3x the proof of most American "beer." Here's some of my favorites:

Guinness, Mackeson Triple Stout, Newcastle, Old Speckled Hen, Bass, Shiner Bock, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Spaten Optimator, and pretty much anything from Belgium (I love the trappist ales). My current favorite mix is a Black-and-Brown (also called Sensible Shoes) which is Guinness and Newcastle instead of Guinnes and Bass or Black-and-White with a light lager or Half-and-Half with Harp. My all-time favorites are my Danish relative's yeast beers...just awesome stuff.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sleeman's, Fat tire
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]"And any way it's from Bergen, and therefore not really norwegian "

Ouch!! I'll have to send this post to my Norwegian friend from Bergen who I've known for 25 yrs. He feels that Bergen is the best part of Norway and always refers to Oslo as *sshole. Of course his opinion would be biased since he was born in Bergen.[/reply]

He might agree with me. They even have a song that when translated goes something like "I'm not from Norway, I'm from Bergen". Bergen is different. Nice, but different.

He probably would not agree with me on the beer thing though.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [pbikergirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you had the Nosferatu? Very, very good. So far my favorite from them and I am hoping there is some left when we arrive this weekend.

----------------------------------------------------

Formally azclydesdale, back in Northeast Ohio.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of good stuff mentioned here.

One I haven't seen yet that is a tasty walk on the wild side - Alaskan Smoked Porter. Oh my.

ot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"in college i used to drink red dog. i referred to it as "pink puppy". lol. good times."

I never heard of Red Dog beer until about a month ago. Sooo....either you just graduated or I've been asleep at the beer switch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guinness (!!!)

Molson

Pilser Urquel

Tsing Tao VFR direct from China

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am willing to bet if the "frency Canadian thing" was a stout, it was St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Bar none the best stout in the world.

dave.

http://www.mcauslan.com/en/
Last edited by: robertdi8: Oct 31, 05 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MPB--i graduated almost a decade ago. try pink puppy with some chedder potato chips. dang, that tastes good! (and is addictive, so maybe it's not a good idea to try it after all...lol)

BTW, I was drinking Blue Moon in college--it seems to be all the rage now. what can I say, i love damn good beer. :)

it's so hard not to drink good beer!!!

lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"in college i used to drink red dog. i referred to it as "pink puppy". lol. good times."

I never heard of Red Dog beer until about a month ago. Sooo....either you just graduated or I've been asleep at the beer switch.
I drank that crap in college 10 years ago. But, it was cheap....

Don't like Blue Moon but I have developed this thing for Red Dog. I'll have to monitor this to see if I get fleas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only drink about 3 or 4 times a year because of training and when I do it's usually shots and hard stuff with friends who are all celebrating the fact that i'm drinking.

The only beer I ever 'miss' is one I can't believe hasn't been mentioned, and that's my favorite: Boddington's.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [RocketDogEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Speights and recently have been able to get it over here at Beverages and More. I can also get Lion Red and occasionally Monthieths.

www.bevmo.com (maybe you can order some). Great stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [MtTamRnr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I love Speights and recently have been able to get it over here at Beverages and More. I can also get Lion Red and occasionally Monthieths.

[url "http://www.bevmo.com"]www.bevmo.com[/url] (maybe you can order some). Great stuff.[/reply]

Speights, really?? Love that stuff.
Tui too when it's hot. Good quaffing beer.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Young's Double chocolate Stout

John courage dark something

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: OT: Favorite Beer [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Tui is great. Also used to like DB Draft quite a bit. I've never seen Tui's outside of NZ but the Bev Mo is San Rafael has had the others pretty consistently. And Trader Joes actually.

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Generally I usually ask for Guiness. If not available, I'll ask what's the darkest beer available. There's a micro-brew here in Monterey called PeterB's and they have a great stout called the 7 Malt Stout.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply

Prev Next