Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How short is IMTX? [ntc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntc wrote:
I had the bike at 110. It was a complete disgusting draft fest.

Drafting and the lack of enforcement is dissapointing especially with the race being touted as a championship event. Given the course issues (distance, being too flat and fast that it leads to drafting) hopefully IM will find a new venue for the NA championship. Wasn’t drafting issues one of the reasons they stopped having 70.3 worlds at Clearwater?

Also, while I’m on a roll bitching about stuff, why didn’t they do coverage like they did at South Africa?!?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No it doesn't."
-----------------
It has the 7 times I have done it.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Anyone else wondering what Patrick Lange’s run split would have been today???

I think it would have been interesting showdown. With that being said, I think Matt made a huge statement today with the run. Every picture I saw he had Tutukin either half-stepped or full-stepped.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
The times are outrageous and they are saying Hansen ran a 2:34, is any of this possible?

Sidenote, Tim van Berkel broke sponsorship to run in vaporflys. Running in vaporflys with newton on his jersey, seems pretty disrespectful.
Is Newton still a company? Every store that I go to that used to carry them in Phoenix dropped them...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No matter, anyone who thinks Matt dropped 8 min off his ironman rub pb is delusional. No one ran 2:34 on a legit marathon course today,

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
No point in even responding to comments if you truly believe matt ran 2:34, it’s so out there I don’t even know how to respond.

Wow internet warrior without any backing other than previous times.
Hanson is a demon runner, not a surprise that he was pushed to a PB and record.
I will say the pros looked very close. Maybe 3-4metres tops so take what you will from that.

Bike was 176.5km.
Run was 41.95km and longer than last year due to a little extra at turn around and by swim zig zag.

Times are legit. Sure Austria is notorious for being short and also a current assisted swim often.

This swim was just over for me so bar the small bike course issue no issue. And clearly Starky would have still been sub 4 even on a 180km course so massive Kudos.

Hanson ran a legit 2:34.
Deal with it. Strava is there for you to check and argue with.

But yes, clearly age groupers were in massive blatant draft packs and no Marshal's issuing penalties. It was horrfic.
Didn't see it last year at all so a big shame on a great race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
No matter, anyone who thinks Matt dropped 8 min off his ironman rub pb is delusional. No one ran 2:34 on a legit marathon course today,

Check Strava before you accuse in the wrong.

41.95km. and you can add 250m for transition if you really want.
Roth by comparison has the shortest transition known to man.

Time is legit.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

I think it would have been interesting showdown. With that being said, I think Matt made a huge statement today with the run. Every picture I saw he had Tutukin either half-stepped or full-stepped.

I do like Hanson and would like to seem him break out. One side story no one has mentioned (and everyone will groan when I bring up)...the Ironman Brand world record time was set by a guy who was riding a disc brake bike. I think somehow there must be some link somehow to the disc brakes and how well Hanson ran off the bike (pink)

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

I do like Hanson and would like to seem him break out. One side story no one has mentioned (and everyone will groan when I bring up)...the Ironman Brand world record time was set by a guy who was riding a disc brake bike. I think somehow there must be some link somehow to the disc brakes and how well Hanson ran off the bike (pink)

Well interestingly enough, and believe I have a lot of inside baseball I won't be talking about, but Matt and Ivan ran within 3 seconds of each a few weeks back at Galveston 70.3. However the delta was more like 7 minutes on the bike.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check Strava before you accuse in the wrong.

SO how about the guy that posted this up? Also from strava? I know when I raced at the pointy end I took advantage of every tangent available, so I certainly would have been on the 25.2 end of this scale. My guess is Matt and other pros race the same way. As for you AG'ers that run against the curb the whole way, well good for you... (-;

"Bike was same as last year, people strava are showing 25.2-25.7 on the run. But heard from people that raced: lots of people where cutting the corners on the run. The 25.7 on Strava from a friend I know is accurate since I know he would not cut the corners, last year I had 25.8 on my garmin. So its a short course but no different then last year."
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transitions were 400m and 500m also.

Crazy IM aren't recognising it due to the 2 mile short bike. I swam long at 3955 but others seem to have 3850 or so at least.

Does anyone have Strava for Brazil for all swim bike run transition?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
thatzone wrote:
Feel bad for the winners because it's like course cutting. There should be an asterisk by their times moving forward. Disrectful to not measure course correctly.

The idea of world records is triathlon is futile anyway given all the changes in courses/topography/length/weather conditons/motos/moon cycles etc. It is only for those that are not really paying attention to the sport at a deep level. Regardless anyway you skin the cat, Matt & Ivan's run were terribly impressive if this is the same run course as it has always been.

Agreed.

Bob Babbit told me that the only Boston qualifier course is Kona so everything else is not certified.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transitions were 400m and 500m also. //

Transitions are not counted in split times anymore, haven't been for quite sometime. But they were counted in the old days when I raced, thus the 2;38 Mark Allen actually ran at Kona is shown to be a 2;40 flat. Whatever the transition times or distances were, they are irrelevant to the split times they give you guys now...
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Lou course was certified as well.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. It would be nice if they all were but the reality is the distances usually vary. Even on the much shorter ITU Olympic distance courses which have a massive budget.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh really? I had no idea......good to know!

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i see 109.5 for bike, 26.0 for the run via a buddy's strava who went sub 10
...fly by athletes show similar
Last edited by: synthetic: Apr 28, 18 19:15
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an ex runner I run pretty good tangents, started my watch a little late while it got signal, and was at 26.0. Admittedly dont run lines as good as pros but doubtful it's worth a mile.
Last edited by: ntc: Apr 28, 18 19:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had 1 pro women in the field (jen Annett)

- bike: 177km she rode 4:24:49. Had the distance been accurate, it would had been a world record by over 5min (guessing 4:29)

- run: 41.8km so 400m short. For the top 2 runner, that s 90secondes. So a little short but still a world class run

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ntc wrote:
I had the bike at 110. It was a complete disgusting draft fest. All you f'ers know who you are. 40 person pelotons, seemed like no one gave half a shit about trying to ride clean and I feel like a schmuck for trying to. FOP, MOPers, female pro in the fastest male AG peloton, multiple people from the top AG teams. Complete bullshit. I soft pedaled minutes to let each one by. This is my first time at this race, is this normal? I didn't do IMFL for a reason.

Not one official on the highway handing out penalties. Did not see one person in the penalty tent. I'm obviously outraged and ranting. Wtf Ironman.

I had the run at 26.0 so pretty accurate for an IM. Others had it spot on.

I assumed this had already been posted as I'm just getting home. But I echo pretty much everything to the letter.

I had it at 110. I had the run about a quarter mile short, but could be GPS being off under the trees.

But the drafting pissed me off and I am just a guy trying to finish. I finished my swim in 1:15 which isnt lightening fast obviously, but there were tons of strong bikers coming up behind me. I probably saw 4 or more pelatons of 40+ people. And at the end, would be some schmuk I passed up 10 miles earlier who latched on to the back only to have to pass them again when they fell off. and it was always the at the section with bridges and the guy would slam the uphill to pass then coast making me pass until we got to a flat long enough for me to drop them. I did not see a single Marshall the entire day. Not a single one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My garmin for the run was 26.18 miles with a really long walk/run time. I messed up my bike computer so I can't help there. Total draft fest as reported and I also did not see a single draft marshal, large packs with some pretty significant crashes as well. The emergency response and medical staff were seemed to be kept very busy.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
driver_ian wrote:
My garmin for the run was 26.18 miles with a really long walk/run time. I messed up my bike computer so I can't help there. Total draft fest as reported and I also did not see a single draft marshal, large packs with some pretty significant crashes as well. The emergency response and medical staff were seemed to be kept very busy.

JOOC - Was it wetsuit legal for AGers??? What about for pros??? Despite her finishing out of the women's top 10, i thought it was cool that Lauren Brandon had the fastest swim split of ALL pros, male and female!!! I think her swim was around 49:15-ish.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
driver_ian wrote:

JOOC - Was it wetsuit legal for AGers??? What about for pros??? Despite her finishing out of the women's top 10, i thought it was cool that Lauren Brandon had the fastest swim split of ALL pros, male and female!!! I think her swim was around 49:15-ish.

Pro - Not Legal
AG - Legal
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [RBeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBeck wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
driver_ian wrote:

Pro - Not Legal
AG - Legal

Ah great, thanks!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
The times are outrageous and they are saying Hansen ran a 2:34, is any of this possible?

Sidenote, Tim van Berkel broke sponsorship to run in vaporflys. Running in vaporflys with newton on his jersey, seems pretty disrespectful.

Run course:
http://tpks.ws/...LF3HQZPCSFBK6CALWIHI
Sam
Quote Reply

Prev Next