Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How short is IMTX?
Quote | Reply
The times are outrageous and they are saying Hansen ran a 2:34, is any of this possible?

Sidenote, Tim van Berkel broke sponsorship to run in vaporflys. Running in vaporflys with newton on his jersey, seems pretty disrespectful.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike has to be way short, times are ridiculous. Might take sub 9 to make top 10 in m35-39 and get KQ slot.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy that off the bike in 50th place in 40-44 rode 4:40. Pretty absurd.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st Man AG run 2h35' marathon I guess not only the bike is short...
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [scottim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scottim wrote:
1st Man AG run 2h35' marathon I guess not only the bike is short...

The top two pros each beat Tim Don's world record.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the run course different this year??

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel bad for the winners because it's like course cutting. There should be an asterisk by their times moving forward. Disrectful to not measure course correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Feel bad for the winners because it's like course cutting. There should be an asterisk by their times moving forward. Disrectful to not measure course correctly.

The idea of world records is triathlon is futile anyway given all the changes in courses/topography/length/weather conditons/motos/moon cycles etc. It is only for those that are not really paying attention to the sport at a deep level. Regardless anyway you skin the cat, Matt & Ivan's run were terribly impressive if this is the same run course as it has always been.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMTX is Ironman’s answer to Challenge Roth?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
totally agree
ridicuolous that 12 man sub 8h and disrespectful for previous record holder.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
challenge roth has correct distances.
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanson was 7 minutes faster than last year and Tutukin had a 7 minute run PR. I would be surprised if it was the same course and/or 26.2 miles...

That said, regardless of how long it was, both guys had good races

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:

Agreed, it sucks for the winners and all finishers. I understand the issues on course set up, but as I said in another thread, if they can't have the full distance in all sports, this should not be classified as a championship.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Sidenote, Tim van Berkel broke sponsorship to run in vaporflys. Running in vaporflys with newton on his jersey, seems pretty disrespectful.

Just looked at his run time. No way he ran in vaporflys, he obviously would have gone faster if he did.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
scottim wrote:

ridicuolous that 12 man sub 8h and disrespectful for previous record holder.

Fwiw, there was a lot of controversy over the previous world record as well.

Yes, but that moto drafting talk is subjective at best. Especially since no one actually saw Tim drafting the lead bike.

A short course is not subjective at all.

Edit: And the record is actually Jan's at Roth... Tim has/had the "brand" record, as retarded as that is.
Last edited by: vittorio: Apr 28, 18 13:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure why they'd change the run course, but I'm not there so I wouldn't know. Also, weather could just be favorable for a good run (70's, low humidity, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Is the run course different this year??

I was the course (but not the waterway portion) much of the afternoon. Appears to be the same as usual. Looking at the maps the waterway portion appears to be the same as always. The one place they could screw it up though is at the turn around. I didn't go down there to see if it's in a different place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Bike has to be way short, times are ridiculous. Might take sub 9 to make top 10 in m35-39 and get KQ slot.

I had it at 110 miles last year. Run was solid then. Big difference this year is best weather in the history of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an athlete that did it, their GPS showed 109.6. (They are in the PC division and someone sent me a pic from their Garmin).

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, rare windless day here in Houston.

Edit: 18 people in my AG, m35-39, went sub 9:00:00. Crazy.
Last edited by: Sean H: Apr 28, 18 13:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the end of the day it's the same course for everyone out there today. Even if the bike course was 150 miles Starky would have still been run down.
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: Apr 28, 18 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: How short is IMTX? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the run course downhill? that seems to be a trend in USA these days... all marathons downhill promoting easy BQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But you will always get to say I did an x:xx.xx Full Ironman as a PR. Like I ran a 29 min 10k on the back end of an Olympic distance race once. Only 6 min faster than my stand alone 10k daym I was strong that day. I still laugh at a dad trying to explain to his kid that the 3m54s mile in the kids run may not have been actually a mile. Never seen several dozen 8-10 year olds break 4 min in a mile race before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay so as I mentioned in the starky sub 4 thread, bike was more like 177km. As for the run, the tracking has matt at 2:30:15 at 40.1km yet he finished “42.2” 4 min 25s later which means he ran a way sub 4 mile on his way to the finish.... well he even ran a new mile world record actually

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next